IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DVLA / Inter-Credit International Fine

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    japmis wrote: »
    Re: the cheque expiry, the cheque did not bounce, but was returned. I assumed it had expired but perhaps I had reported it lost donkies ago and had found it at a later date. Is it important to this thread?

Well if you can dig out the letter where the DVLA returned it, you you will see why it was returned from the words written across the top of the cheque. It does not just say 'returned'. At least it would solve that mystery!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • japmis
    japmis Posts: 452 Forumite
    The latest in the saga:

I contacted the DVLA to ask them to confirm that they had referred my case to the ICI.

Their response was that I should follow the instructions on the ICI letter (shown above in this thread).

I replied to that email asking 2 very specific questions. I stated that I was happy to pay any fine I may have incurred once the DVLA had confirmed
    1. WHY I had incurred a fine
    2. WHY the DVLA had not contact me about this fine

They have responded again with just "follow the instructions from the ICI"!!! Infuriating!!!!!!

What next?!
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Go back to ICI and tell them that unless they can provide the proof that you owe the money then you deny the debt and they should return it to the creditor. Copy in DVLA.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    japmis wrote: »
    What next?!

Freedom Of Information Act - It gets the best answers out of any public authority as they have a legal duty to answer you.

Only snag is they'll only answer what they have records on so you have to ask questions about policy etc - however you can usually bend this a little :D
  • japmis
    japmis Posts: 452 Forumite
    UPDATE

I emailed them on Monday asking for them to provide evidence/proof of the debt which they have ignored.

I today received a letter saying
    "we have been instructed by our client to obtain immediate payment of the above outstanding amount due to them (£80). We wish, therefore, to give you formal notice that unless this amount is received at these offices within 72 hours of receipt of this letter, legal proceedings will be instituted to recover the full amount due, together with any legal costs which you may be required to bear."

Thoughts please!!!!!!! :(
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Send them a recorded letter asking for proof of the debt, give them 14-21 days to do this, tell them them that without proof if they do take it to court you will defend it vigorously.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • SodG24
    Stroma wrote: »
    Send them a recorded letter asking for proof of the debt, give them 14-21 days to do this, tell them them that without proof if they do take it to court you will defend it vigorously.

And that you will provide the court with copies of all your correspondence with both DVLA and ICI which show both parties being unwilling to prove the debt.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    There is an automatic £80 late licensing penalty. Inter-Credit International are simply acting on behalf of DVLA and seeking to collect the £80.
  • SodG24
    antrobus wrote: »
    There is an automatic £80 late licensing penalty. Inter-Credit International are simply acting on behalf of DVLA and seeking to collect the £80.

That may be but any DCA is obliged to prove the debt and in this instance they appear to be refusing to do so. All they need to do is provide the evidence and I'm sure the OP would pay.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport