IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court cases

Options
I'll be brief as I suspect this has been asked/discussed several times already.

Anyone kept a tally of post Oct 2012 court cases?

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I was thinking about that today as it happens. But also has anyone done a FOI request on court cases brought by BPA AOS members for the entire 2012 yet ? And statistics on how many invoices were issued last year? The home office I believe issued figures on that. And the dvla should have records on how many apnr requests there were.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Probably a bit early yet for any cases for post-October 2012 tickets coming to court.
  • pie_face_2
    Options
    Mainly curious as to any known cases, rather than a definitive list.
  • psimmons200
    Options
    I've just chucked an FOI request at the Crown Prosecution Service.

I'll post back as/when I hear further.

It's available on "What do they know" if you search CPS... unfortunately I can't post links as a new registration.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    That is only from October though, we should have one for the entire year
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What do you mean civil cases being taken to court by PPC's or criminal cases for clamping or towing since Oct 2012?

If it is the former then the request has been made to the wrong people!
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    What do you mean civil cases being taken to court by PPC's or criminal cases for clamping or towing since Oct 2012?

If it is the former then the request has been made to the wrong people!
    Correct. HM Courts & Tribunal Service.

The FOI application that yielded the 2011 figures (i.e. 1.8M invoices, 845 cases initiated; 49 cases heard before a judge) was very carefully crafted to avoid the cost cut-off. I'm not sure that that application is viewable publicly to mirror? I'm, also sure that bargepole will be along to tell us later.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The FoI request which elicited the 2011 figures can be found in this thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3976121

It's too early to do a similar request for 2012, as many claims issued in the last three months won't have been heard, or settled, yet.

The CPS have nothing to do with this, the information is held by the Ministry of Justice. I'll do another request in April to get the 2012 figures.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • japmis
    japmis Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    what happened in October 2012?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business