ASDA Grocery delivery fiasco

Options

Comments

• cabbage
    cabbage Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a similar thing. They ended up keeping my shopping on the van and then re freezing my frozen order inc meat etc and then re delivered it. The lollies and ice cream gave it away as they were all funny shapes.

I could have got food poisoning from the poultry etc. That was the end of any more Asda deliveries for me.

I don't mind shopping there but I won't get stuff delivered ever again. Didn't even get any compensation.
    The Cabbage
    Its Advice - Take it or Leave it:D
  • tony1976
    tony1976 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I don't blame you for not using them any more. Did you get a full credit?

Well ASDA credited me the returned/wrong items/ out of date meat but only gave me a £5 e voucher, not even a free delivery with it let alone the promised £15 voucher.

Thanks to Celia for the web address, I have now emailed their ceo directly :) If he does not reply I will post the full email on here, facebook and twitter as an open letter and email him the links to show that all can see whats going on.
  • Bundle_9000
    Options
    Received numerous deliveries from asda with no problems whatsoever.
    Maybe its the store(s) you use.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a delivery today with them and it was an eight hour slot (12-8), they turned up at 1pm and full explanation re substitutions and missing items. I have been on the other end though, but not in the same location
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • ivfmummy
    ivfmummy Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    that isnt an asda delivery fiasco
    that IS asda's delivery service
    sorry

i used them for years
    as time went on the got worse and worse
    they maybe cheaper, but it was just not worth the hassle:(

Couldn't agree more. I given up with Asda delivery, the work afterwards trying to sort it out is just not worth it.
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    Oh wow I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience with them :( sounds like I'm lucky never had a problem the only minor thig was they turned up an hour early! I've never had things missing, good substitutions, friendly delivery drivers and this week I had 2 bags if bananas, a bag of satsumas and a bag of potatoes free as they put someone's shopping in with mine by accident. I did ring and they said they'd collect it but they never did.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered from ASDA once about a month ago they were ok but about 8 items were substituted, a couple of the subs were totally unsuitable and a couple of the items were not available at all and they didn't bother subbing them. The driver was nice though he did out all the bags just inside our front door so they had to be moved in order for it to close. It really does vary according to area. Sainsbury's are top notch in this area and people have realised this and you now see their vans more than any other store, ocado used to be really popular round here but bad experiences have put a lot of people off xx
  • Cocobay71
    Cocobay71 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    I done my first asda grocery order today, turned up on time and onlyone small sub which was basically the same so all fine with me.
    When the driver had left i checked the delivery note to find one product i had bought on offer was basically over double the price.
    I have emailed cs about this but investigating this on the web, it appears their terms state they can charge what they want on the day of delivery even though you checked out and it still states on your account order receipt the other price.
    How do they expect people to budget their grocery bill if they can charge you a completely different price on delivery.
    I wouldnt of minded if their site had advised me when placing the order that the product would be a different price on my delivery date but it appears their website does not have this function like Tesco.
    I wont ever be using asda ever again, i just hope my first time usae cashback will pay for the difference in prices.
    Beware asda grocery users.
  • MaShadow
    MaShadow Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our store in Ipswich has been fine. Bit customer service sucks as it took 5 weeks for them to fix our e vouchers from not working. But they credited £30 when they fixed it

Only had coupe of items missing but have also had extra items that we didn't order like 6 pack of Pepsi cans. Or bag of red onions.

As for delivery times they have always been with in time or earlier

My tip is start ur shopping online a week before u want it. Get the £25 min to order and order it

Then u have all week to amend. And by that ur almost certain to get it on time
  • forestlands
    Options
    Live just outside Ipswich, shopping comes from Colchester, substitutions terrible! Toasties bread substituted for med. cut, sweet wine sub. for dry, short dates use by next day. Terrible, waiting to use up my paid for in advance deliveries then changing.

Web sit at Asda is unusable since they "improved" it! have to do all my shopping on Mysupermarket.com - a good experiance, then check out at Asda!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure