ASDA Grocery delivery fiasco

Options
Has anyone here had much experience with ASDA grocery home delivery? I recently decided to give it a go hers what happened-

First Order:
Time slot 2-4pm. Did not arrive so called them at 5pm they said it was running late but would be delivered. Delivery arrives at 6.30pm and nearly have the order was missing. I had to call their freephone number from a mobile (not free thanks to Vodafone!) explained and they said they would call me the next day to arrange delivery of missing items (30+). I called ASDA at 10.30am the next day after they did not call. They said the delivery would be out that evening around 6-8pm. When it arrived there was still some items missing and wrong items sent. I had to call asda a 3rd time to sort it out.

Second order: delivered on time and one item wrong.

Third Order:
This order did not turn up at all! :mad:
The delivery slot was 6-8pm, I called asda at 10.45 who assured me the order was running late but would arrive. I went to be at 12 after giving up waiting when I had work the next day. Called asda the following morning and was informed my order along with 50 or so other had not been delivered. They told me my order was out for delivery later that day in the same time slot. When the order did arrive they had made 5 errors and I had to send them + several damaged items back to the driver for credit.

Why is it that ASDA who have my mobile number and email address failed to contact me in any way (txt/email/call) about my order to let me know it was late/not coming/re-arrange delivery etc. How do they consistently manage to completely mess up 2 out of 3 orders? When I call to complain they just say heres £10 off your next order but after the service I have had why would I want to order online again? I always used Tesco deliveries before and though a little more expensive at least they turned up on time with the correct stuff!

ok, rant over.. few sorry about that.
What I would like if any one has it? is contact details for asda that does not go to a call center in india where the 0800 number seems to go or a direct email address as emails seem to get lost in the web when sent via their website seem to disappear to :eek:

Thanks, Tony

Comments

• frugal_shopper_2
    Options
    You can call the 0800 number free from a mobile using a free service such as 0800Buster or if you have a smartphone then you can use the 0800Wizard app.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cut-cost-0800-mobiles
  • princesspash
    Options
    I've had EXACTLY the same problem with them!!! Awful customer services!

My shopping never turned up and then they charged me for it!!!! 2 hours on hold just to try to speak to someone and problem is still not sorted! I will never ever shop with asda again!
    I threatened them with my bank's fraud team and the police as they were effectively stealing - seem to wake them up a bit!!

I'm asking for compensation for my time!
  • tony1976
    tony1976 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I found I was on hold a lot as well. My shop was sent from the srevenage shop. Do you know where they sent yours from? I'm just wondering if it's the same branck or if more areas also have trouble.
  • dasophster
    Options
    No not with Asda but I have had similar with Ocado and now, Sainsburys. Sainsburys were fantastic until the last delivery, last week. We waited a few days after the snow to make sure there'd be no problems due to the weather. On the day our delivery was due we got a call 3 hours before our delivery was due saying our delivery may be an hour late. When it was three hours late we called the main customer services number and they said the driver claimed to have been trying to call me, when he hadn't. He then did call me and I gave him straightforward directions, he still didn't turn up. I then got a call from the store we get deliveries from and the woman said that driver had messed up loads of deliveries for them and seemingly dumped a lot of the shopping somewhere! Apparently they can only print out the receipt and order print out once so that had disappeared with the driver. They agreed to put £20 on my next shop and said the stuff would be delivered in the morning, a delivery did come in the morning but more than half the shopping was missing, the frozen items were defrosted and there were loads of items we hadn't ordered. I called the store and insisted they deliver the rest that afternoon, they did but still a couple of items were missing and they brought loads of items they already had in the morning. The driver said just keep all of those as I had had obviously suffered a lot of hassle and inconvenience. I'm going to give them one last go but if they mess up again that's it. I had very bad experiences with Tesco in the past. Waitrose were the best but recently started getting their deliveries done from a big warehouse out in the sticks as opposed to the local store as they used to be, and then we started getting missing items and unsuitable substitutions in every delivery and drivers unable to find our place. I've come to the conclusion that we just live in an area where online grocery delivery is just pretty poor regardless of the company :(.
  • tony1976
    tony1976 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    ok it turns out ASDA did not credit my account with the returned items and have ignored my email (again) and did not credit my account with the delivery charge or £10 credit promised. I try to call them an either get told all phones are busy and to call back later or stay on hold so long I give up after 20 minutes. This is crazy! How do I get these guys to sort out all the errors.

Any ideas how I can get this company to listen to its customers??? Another number I can call?
    And there must be an asda rep floating around on these forums, all the big companies keep their eyes on these sites.
  • midnightraven3
    Options
    that isnt an asda delivery fiasco
    that IS asda's delivery service
    sorry

i used them for years
    as time went on the got worse and worse
    they maybe cheaper, but it was just not worth the hassle:(
  • polkadot90
    Options
    My husband and I had a similar issue. He ordered it early one morning - 3am for the day after. He thought no more of it and went to sleep...
    No delivery showed up. Waited for hours...nothing. Rang asda. They said they thought it was a possible fraudulent payment due to the time of night - they had apparently rang up to check but hubby hadn't received a call.... Very odd. Had to go to the supermarket as we hadn't got much food in.
    Trying to save up for a deposit for a mortgage....could be a while!!

Comping since 15/06/2014 - thanks to all those who post the competitions ❤️😀
  • queenpig
    queenpig Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    I would never get shopping delivered from Asda again.
    I'n my case it was a few years ago now anyway it was an hour late from the delivery slot I picked so rang their customer serves asking them to chase it up, I was told the van had broken down but can deliver at X time, I was fine with that, just before it was due to be delivered I was rang again to be told they cant deliver tonight will it be ok to deliver tomorrow? Anyway to cut a long story short I was given the run around till the the third morning when I rang to cancel the order. I was asked why? WHY? Tesco were going to deliver that night which they did. Asda still took the money out of my account, this went on for months me fighting to get my money back that they insisted that would have been credited with in 10 working days what annoyed me was I got the standard email It will have/been credited back to your account within 10 working days ending with a I'm really happy to have cleared this up for you (am glad you're happy at least someone is) ringing me, emailing to admit they owed to me, they didn't, they did. Finally months of fighting I did get it back with an email saying sorry and an attached to the email and e-voucher for free delivery that was even attached to it not that I'd ever used.
    Grocery Challenge. £400. - £35.22 + £19.80 + £109.01 = £164.03
    Other spends (Clothes Luxuries etc)£11.97 + £1.19 + £7.36 + £69.00 + £38.50 + £5.50 + £23.00 +£2.00 = £158.52:shocked::sad:
  • Celia
    Celia Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2013 at 12:16PM
    Options
    Have a look on this site for a useful email address ;)

www. then "ceoemail" . com

They do update it but I usually google the name given to check its still the same person.
  • tony1976
    Options
    After just under half an hour waiting on the phone I eventually got through to ASDA. They agreed to credit my delivery charge and give me a free delivery on my next order. When I asked about compensation for the failed delivery, the mis-information and me needing to chase them up they offered me just £5 off my next order. I said this was not good enough. Long story short after about half an hour of disagreeing they said they would give me £15 off my next order or to spend in store but no free delivery. Its the max allowed apparently. Well still not happy but accepted it to draw a conclusion to it all as had enough now.

The thing was the manager on the phone said he understood I would never use asda again but made no effort to keep my custom. He obviously never considered that I would now discourage any one thinking of using ASDA in the future so its not really just my custom lost its potential future customers lost as well.

Well ASDA may be 10% cheaper but they are also a much higher percentage more likely not to deliver your order on time, correctly or not at all and at the end of the day what good is a cheap price if the paid service is not delivered? After all, I cant feed my kids 10% cheaper if the food does not arrive!

I think I will use my credit with ASDA and then go to Tesco in the future.

Thanks for all your help and thanks for the 0800 buster app, it works a treat on my Android :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure