Forum Home» Energy

Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback - Page 17

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback

edited 11 September 2017 at 1:02PM in Energy
170 replies 48.4K views
1111213141517»

Replies

• bxboardsbxboards Forumite
    1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Never had any problems - I switched over to them when my house was empty undergoing renovation so with zero standing charge, the bill was essentially zero.

I've often felt that switching to them for gas say from March until mid-October when usage is minimal then going to another supplier with lower unit costs in winter might work out well.
  • IlonaIlona Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was accosted in the town centre yesterday by one of those chuggers, an energy company, can't remember which, wasn't taking much notice. I normally ignore them and walk straight by. Young female person asks me what energy company am I with. I answered, Ebico, single occupant, low user, no standing charge. With that she knew she needn't go any further, said ok, and walked away. I smiled. :D

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • edited 23 September 2018 at 11:36AM
    waveletswavelets Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 September 2018 at 11:36AM
    I just switched to Ebico this week. Switch was efficiently handled even away from the DIABOLICAL Solarplicity (although I expect my issues with Solarplicity to rumble on now that I had to get the Ombudsman involved due to their ineptitude). Hoping for good things from Ebico; quick to email and phone. Looking good so far.

Don't hold your breath.

This was the latest communication I received from Ebico on Friday
    Please find attached the acknowledgment of your complaint, which I have back-dated to the 10th August 2018, when you initially emailed us...
    The attached letter wasn't backdated, and they got the supply address wrong too :cool:

Actually I originally contacted them at end of July using the online account messaging service, but they seem to have no trace of that, and the sender doesn't get to keep a copy.

So lesson learned - always use a service where you do keep a vopy of what was sent and when, e.g. email, letter, etc.

They are still requesting 10 working days to resolve, which I shall give them before going to the ombudsman service.

I think this is actually a continuation of an issue I raised with them shortly after moving to RHE from SSE, but they did eventually respond to my earlier complaint at that time assuring me everything was sorted out (which it seemed it was until July when this re-imerged), but I cannot prove it is related.

Also asked them to transfer my tariff almost a month ago, which they still have not managed to do. I can't do it online (that's part of the complaint). Still waiting...:cool:

They did send me an email (I think sent to all custromers) on 5th Sept boasting of their new, improved online account, that allows you to supposedly transfer tariffs ... but it still doesn't work for my online account with them. It says no alternative tariffs available, despitre the initial screen looking just like the one they advertise

1531912158-558593f3.jpg

I must say, for all the faults of SSE, their customer service proved to be far superior to the one that RHE now provide Ebico customers.
  • silverwhistlesilverwhistle Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hehoho wrote: »
    I can't pay Ebico unless the bills are correct because the barcode is needed.

Are you sure? I just go online and pay and it shows as Allpay Ltd on my statement.

Ebico's zero standing charge tariffs suit me as I'm a very low user (solar panels and wood burner) and the two summer bills for gas are 50p if I trip over one unit on the meter (I test the system occasionally).

I've had no issues which have bothered me, I just pay when I receive the bill and am not bothered if they occasionally seem slow.

I'm sure they haven't got the admin resources of SSE, but in spite of having thousands of SSE shares I'm not paying their prices!
  • edited 23 September 2018 at 12:08PM
    waveletswavelets Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 September 2018 at 12:08PM
    Are you sure? I just go online and pay and it shows as Allpay Ltd on my statement.

Ebico's zero standing charge tariffs suit me as I'm a very low user (solar panels and wood burner) and the two summer bills for gas are 50p if I trip over one unit on the meter (I test the system occasionally). ...

Can you pay such a small amount? It doesn't allow me to do so.

I didn't have such issues with SSE who I paid via faster payments.
    RHE won't provide their bank details for me to pay them that way.

When you pay online via Allpay, you need to supply the PRN (the number that is found at the bottom of the bar code) - although I don't think that controls how much you pay; I think you can elect to pay as mich or as little as you wish (within the limits set, which I do not believe go down to as little as 50p).
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    wavelets wrote: »

When you pay online via Allpay, you need to supply the PRN (the number that is found at the bottom of the bar code) - although I don't think that controls how much you pay; I think you can elect to pay as mich or as little as you wish (within the limits set, which I do not believe go down to as little as 50p).

You can pay whatever amount you want via the Allpay system with your barcode number but never tested what the actual minimum amount allowed is.
  • Ebico are ditching the Ebico Zero Variable tariff, so will start charging a 14.82p daily standing charge from 29th November 2018. This is a £54 increase to everyone's annual bill!

They are offering a fixed 12 month tariff with zero standing charge, but what happens in 12 months time?

Low users are running out of options for keeping their electricity bills to a minimum.
  • waveletswavelets Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Twosheds wrote: »
    Ebico are ditching the Ebico Zero Variable tariff, so will start charging a 14.82p daily standing charge from 29th November 2018. This is a £54 increase to everyone's annual bill!

They are offering a fixed 12 month tariff with zero standing charge, but what happens in 12 months time?

Low users are running out of options for keeping their electricity bills to a minimum.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5911244

What happens in 12 months time? The same as what happens to anyone else in a fixed term contract - you'll be invited to renew/choose another tariff.
    But with no early exit fees to worry about on their Ebico Zero Green Fixed tariff, you could also do that, or even switch away entirely to a different supplier, at any time without the risk of a financial penalty.
  • Graham1Graham1 Forumite
    445 posts
    lordswood wrote: »
    I've applied to move to Ebico Night Owl today. Can't take another winter in a cold house being afraid to turn all the night storage heaters on because of the cost. Will let you know how it goes. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the 60% fair usage limit applies to monthly or yearly usage.
    Either way I'm prepared to give it a shot.
    If it is a bad move the £30 penalty for leaving early pales into insignificance compared to my monthly bill.

I asked them about this 60% fair usage limit this morning. They said it applies each and every month. If you go over it one month they wouldn't penalise you but if it carries on they would switch you to an alternate tariff. So with winter coming up and the storage heaters going on this tariff unfortunately can't be used (our night time usage averaged over the whole year is about 70%, and more than this in winter).
  • MeeMee Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    lordswood wrote: »
    I've applied to move to Ebico Night Owl today. Can't take another winter in a cold house being afraid to turn all the night storage heaters on because of the cost. Will let you know how it goes. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether the 60% fair usage limit applies to monthly or yearly usage.
    Either way I'm prepared to give it a shot.
    If it is a bad move the £30 penalty for leaving early pales into insignificance compared to my monthly bill.

Sounds interesting. Except I have neither of the requirements:
    Exclusive to Economy 7 and smart electricity meter customers paying by Direct Debit.
    This Tariff is only available to customers who have (or agree to have) a Smart Meter
    operating in credit mode
    , or an Economy 7 Credit Meter. The Tariff is not available to
    customers with a Pay-As-You-Go Meter, or a Smart Meter operating in prepayment mode

Haven't planned to have a Smart Meter either...
    Decision,decisions,decisions...
    Free thinker.:cool: