Add your feedback on energy supplier Sainsbury’s Energy

Options

Comments

• hackenbush55
    Options
    I switched from BG to Sainsbury's with confirmation that both gas and electricity were switched from 23 March. My first direct debit was taken on 15 April. No DD was taken for May, so I emailed Sainsbury's, as I was also having a problem logging in to the account at the weekend, but could log in to BG with the same details. I had an email reply "I'm sorry that this isn't the best start to getting online with us" and advising that the initial DD was cancelled, so there is currently no DD in place.
    I have phoned this morning, no problem getting through, and very efficient customer service from David. I have paid last month's instalment by card, and set up DD again from this month. I did ask if there would be any compensation for the inconvenience caused by their cancelling the DD for no apparent reason, but was told that compensation is only for delays in the switch going through.
  • therealgiblet
    Options
    My complaint finally got resolved after 9 weeks - I got my £30 and I got out to FLOW Energy which is cheaper than this deal for me and they can take meter readings online....

Technology! Amazing. BG should have a chat with them.

Anyways, just to confirm - as soon as I realised BG/SE were about to completely mess up my accounts (i.e. almost immediately) I cancelled all my energy Direct Debits, with both previous supplier and BG/SE.

I was told by SE/BG it would cause 'all sorts of problems'. In fact it saved me any overcharges and excess payments and if you are in any doubt cancel your Direct Debits until the problem has been resolved, so you are not overcharged.

Nothing went wrong - I paid my previous bills once I was happy with the meter readings using a credit card online.

BG/SE don't owe me anything and I am just going to wait until they issue me red bills which I will then pay on a reduced payment scheme over the next two years at approximately £1 per week due to their complete and utter ineptitude.

Don't listen to their crud - if in doubt cancel your Direct Debit. Hit these jokers where it hurts. Let them spend money and time working everything out. Maybe they'll decide it is worth fixing their systems or maybe they'll die out like the dinosaurs did - either way it's a win for the consumer.
  • reggow
    reggow Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I can't beleive MSE have blagged me into switching to Sainsbury's/BG.
    Submitted my inital meter readings and a day later I receive an email saying there is a technical problem and I need to resubmit my readings.
    This has happened for the the last 3 attempts, now on attempt no 4. what a joke.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You HAVE to submit the initial readings by phone,
    after that the on-line system starts to work.
  • reggow
    Options
    Thanks for that I will give them a ring.
    Why don't they tell you that on the emails they keep sending?
  • retepetsir
    retepetsir Posts: 1,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So I've just received an email to say that my bill is ready. Confusing since I wasn't asked for meter readings... Unlike with EDF. It also says I'm £200 in debit which I cannot understand as our DD amount is similar to last year. Time to investigate!

:(

The Great Declutter Challenge - £876 :)

• reggow
    Options
    OK, I was told on here that I need to ring in first to give my initial meter reading. Called the 0800 number only to be greeted with 'Our systems are down, please call back in 48hrs'.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • rgk
    rgk Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What a shock, no advice from MSE or Moneysupermarket now they have talked everyone into signing up for a service that is worse than bad! How much did they get from BGas/ Sainsbury for this I wonder?
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    rgk wrote: »
    What a shock, no advice from MSE or Moneysupermarket now they have talked everyone into signing up for a service that is worse than bad!

Hi Rgk

I'm sorry to hear that it sounds like you're having some problems. We've actually published a few updates on Sainsbury's Energy in recent months and also had a note highlighting some of the information in Martin's weekly email.

The full details can be found at this link.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/helpquestions/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure