edited 7 September 2017 at 4:58PM in Energy
413 replies 133.7K views

Replies

• M271M271 Forumite
    226 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    M271 wrote: »
    My meter readings appeared to be accepted OK but I did not get a Thankyou for meter reading email like you did. However when I go on my BG account the meter read history says 'sorry there has been a problem' and on the account summary page the your meter reading space just as a rotating circle in it. I think that I'll re-enter the meter readings again.

I have had a BG Nectar points email though!!

I have just re-entered my Opening Meter Readings using the link that the BG rep posted on another thread (looks like the app) and using the new to BG button. However I have still got the 'sorry there has been a problem', spinning circle as described above and no email thanking for meter readings yet.
  • Rob7353Rob7353 Forumite
    1 posts
    Just had a letter telling me BG are having a "technical problem" so my switch is going to take another 3 weeks.
    So much for the 7 day switch.
  • jeallen01jeallen01 Forumite
    192 posts
    Rob7353 wrote: »
    So much for the 7 day switch.

This is getting more like a "7 year itch" to go somewhere else! :-(
  • SabriskiSabriski Forumite
    23 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    British Gas should have been in touch - but if you check your online account with British Gas, I'd expect this shows the new tariff as live.

Your Cheap Energy Club account will update in around 3 months.

Didn't check that and yes it does state the change in tariff. I take it that my DD amounts will change at the next review. However it says this will be September - my last review was about November so shouldn't this be sooner? I was thinking of building up credit then asking to reduce them before then.
  • Ellie2758Ellie2758 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Ellie2758

Sorry to hear that. Can I point you in the direction of my earlier post which covered this?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5415092&page=3#58

I hope this helps.

The links in that post don't help at all.

One just takes you back to the post where you quote that explanation, not the actual post containing the explanation, and the other is the B G meter readings page.
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • derekupnorthderekupnorth Forumite
    4 posts
    Fourth Anniversary
    I have switched to BG but have a problem. My property has two gas supplies (it used to be two cottages so has two boilers) and one electricity supply. I had a single account with EDF previously and even spoke to BG before switching to make sure that having two gas supplies would not be a problem.

BG have now switched me over but have only switched one gas supply, leaving the other with EDF. I spoke to the switch team at BG who told me that they cannot switch the other supply over to the MSE deal as it is now closed so I will have to go onto a different tariff.

Does anyone know who I need to contact to get this sorted? I don't see why I should be penalised for BG's mistake, especially when I went to the trouble of confirming that this wouldn't happen before switching!
  • Payless_2Payless_2 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    I notice a British Gas rep has posted on another thread on this forum but nothing on here :(
  • k18dank18dan Forumite
    293 posts
    I have switched to BG but have a problem. My property has two gas supplies (it used to be two cottages so has two boilers) and one electricity supply. I had a single account with EDF previously and even spoke to BG before switching to make sure that having two gas supplies would not be a problem.

BG have now switched me over but have only switched one gas supply, leaving the other with EDF. I spoke to the switch team at BG who told me that they cannot switch the other supply over to the MSE deal as it is now closed so I will have to go onto a different tariff.

Does anyone know who I need to contact to get this sorted? I don't see why I should be penalised for BG's mistake, especially when I went to the trouble of confirming that this wouldn't happen before switching!

Well by the sounds of the b*lls up BG have made of even a simple switch I wish you good luck!

Might be easier and quicker to get rid of one boiler and complete rearrange your pipe work than getting this sorted :rotfl:
  • British_Gas_Rep_JamieBritish_Gas_Rep_Jamie Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    32 posts
    ubdai wrote: »
    Arslan Sharif has just emailed me again saying that the meter readings that the call center (obtained from Scot Power) could not use due to 'technical issues'.

'We're having some technical problems with our website. We would be grateful if you could try to resubmit your reading in 24 hours, or call our automated phone line free on 0800 107 0224*.

Please have your Customer Reference Number to hand, shown on this email to the right, and choose option 4 from the menu.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

:mad::(

Hi Ubdai, any joy with re submitting these meter readings? If I can help at all please email me directly at [email protected] with the info requested previously. Cheers, Jamie.
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Ellie2758Ellie2758 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've switched 2 properties and have lost count of the number of times I've had that email. And the texts :mad:

I have found that dealing with them via Facebook messenger is less stressful though I have still been receiving the emails and texts but at least with FB you are talking directly to a person and not a machine that doesn't work.
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau