Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Spooky_uk
    Options
    Hi Spooky_uk

I'm sorry you're unhappy with the service you've received. Thought it might help if I give you a bit of information about our payment arrangements. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, you can have any remaining balance refunded immediately. Our advisor was right, though, to make you aware of the knock on effect this would have on the payment arrangement. If I might explain.

Energy usage changes throughout the year and I'd expect there to be credit on accounts at the moment ready for expected higher winter bills. Our arrangements look to spread the costs as evenly as possible over the year with the aim of achieving as near as we can to a zero balance by the time of the annual review. The amount is based on current prices and usage over the previous 12 months.

Totally understand you expect usage to drop as a result of installing solar but the effect of this won't be known until later. Taking a refund now will mean there's less in the pot ready for winter. This will lead to a request for higher monthly payments to make sure the account doesn't run into arrears and leave you with an unexpected balance to pay come the annual review. Also at this review, any credit balance over a fiver will automatically be refunded.

FOREVER21 is spot on. If you register with our website, you can take more control over the payments through the 'Direct Debit Manager.' If your circumstances do change as you expect, it's a handy tool to keep payments in line with these changes. To confirm, provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings.

Sorry again you're unhappy with our service but hope this explains why the advisor said what they did. There's more information about Monthly Direct Debits on our website including some FAQs and a short video.

Malc

Malc,

You still don't get it. I am very aware of how the DD works over the year. My partner tried to explain the status of things over the phone but was refused a refund from whoever she spoke to. It's that lack of "customer service" which irks me and I have had it before from your call centres. It's not good enough.

As said we now have a 4kwh solar system which will reduce electricity usage (and I am well aware of how much etc. before another lapdog jumps in to point things out) and we have also had both triple glazing windows/doors in the summer and EWI installed. Both these combined will reduce gas usage on the property. Bearing in mind our tariff ends in Jan16 (but the annual review is July16) we were well within reason to request the refund and were refused.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry if I wasn't clear Spooky_uk. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, you can have any outstanding credit back. This money is yours as, at this point, you haven't used the energy. If you drop an email to the address in my Profile and include the meter readings, I'll be happy to do the refund for you.

Sorry, too, our advisor didn't do this for your partner or at least explain the situation better. I agree, this isn't good enough and I'll register a complaint for you.

As you're leaving in January, there may not be a payment review before then. In which case, there won't be any changes. If there is a review, it's possible we may recommend a change but you can use the 'Direct Debit Manager' I mentioned earlier to reset the amount until you leave. Reviews are done automatically and are based on usage over the past 12 months. As the changes you've made were done this summer, they won't be fully noticeable on the account for a time yet.

Look forward to hearing from you Spooky_uk.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Rovergb
    Rovergb Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ken and thanks for the extra information. It's important to make sure our opening meter reading matches the closing reading used by your previous supplier. That way, you'll only pay once for the same gas.

Don't worry about the online account saying 'Not used for billing.' It just means it hasn't been used yet.

You know where we are if you need any help.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Following my calls to customer services and posting on this forum nothing had changed. Last week I received an email saying a meter reader would call and I thought that would straighten it all out. He called and I opened the gate for him to get on the drive to read the external meters, he seemed to checked both the electric and gas so assumed that was it.

The day after I received the bill and the gas showed an estimated figure which again was way over our usage. I read the meter again and called customer services and explained for the fifth time the whole story and eventually Neesha got to grips with the background and took my readings and corrected them. Within the hour my online account page was showing everything was in order.

Why did no one do what they said they would on all the previous calls that I made.
    If the meter reader does his job then why does someone or the system change an actual reading to another inflated estimate.
    If as I had been told notes were put on your call logs about your incorrect estimates when actuals had been given, then why would the problem be ignored and then repeated.
    Why should I have to do everyone's job.

I don't really want answers any more but the above is for Eons reference as I am sure no notice will be taken and the problems will continue for others.
    Options
    Hi Rovergb

I'm sorry you needed to phone again to have your account brought up to date. To be honest, without seeing the actual account, I can't tell what caused this particular delay. A couple of things come to mind but I'm only speculating.

It may be the meter reader only sent in readings from one meter. This can happen where responsibility for reading meters is split between two separate bodies. Also, is if the gas reading was out of line with those on our back-up systems or from the third party I mentioned above. Both situations would've thrown up an estimated bill. Looks like Neesha has sorted this now and future readings will be accepted okay.

As above, I'm guessing here but happy to take a look and give you a proper explanation if you drop an email to the address in my Profile. I can also log a complaint for you.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • warmy
    warmy Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I reported a broken electricity meter to eon and have booked a date to be changed I asked if the new meter would be smart and was told that it would be a like 4 like swap.i was told to register my interest which I have but wouldn't it be easier to have it done sooner rather than later?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    warmy wrote: »
    Hi I reported a broken electricity meter to eon and have booked a date to be changed I asked if the new meter would be smart and was told that it would be a like 4 like swap.i was told to register my interest which I have but wouldn't it be easier to have it done sooner rather than later?

Hi warmy

Although we're installing a lot of Smart Meters at the moment, they're not available to all our customers yet. It depends on the area, the strength of the mobile phone signal and the type of metering set up currently at the property. Sounds like you're not eligible now but, as you've registered an interest, we'll be in touch as soon as you are. In the meantime, we'll replace the faulty meter with the same type as now. This won't affect when you're offered a Smart Meter.

Hope this helps warmy. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help. There's more information on our website too.

Malc
  • warmy
    Options
    Thanks Malc for the info just thought it would be cheaper in the long run to replace a meter once instead of twice,but as they're not also available in my area I see why.thought that it might save eon money?
    Options
    Nice thought warmy. Once we're further down the line it'll be good to look at ironing out this kind of anomaly. As above, don't worry, once we've availability for your property we'll be in touch to offer a Smart Meter.

Malc
  • warmy
    Options
    Hi Malc just had my broken meter changed not smart was told when I rang up about it being broken why couldn't have smart meters and they said it was to do with the mobile signal.the installer today said that the signal where I am is fine and smart meters would be fairly easy to install.so I'm not sure what the real reason is but I thought that it would of saved eon money to change meters once rather than twice.The installer said that his next job was smart meters install and its in the area I live.just can't work out why I didn't have the smart meters when it looks like they install in this area:(:(
    Options
    Hi warmy and thanks for the update. I'm sorry you weren't given the full picture when you phoned. Whilst it's right the quality of the mobile signal is an important factor, it's not the only one. There are other things to consider, too, like the current metering set up and how this sits within our billing/meter reading systems.

Just a thought, but do you have gas at the property? Gas Smart Meters work through the electric meter so, if you do have gas, we would usually look to change both meters. This could throw up another difficulty as not all gas metering set ups are eligible to go 'smart' at the moment. Only guessing, though, and sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

There are quite a few boxes that need to be ticked before a Smart Meter can be installed. Whilst our technicians are very good at what they do, they may not be fully up to date with everything involved. Particularly as this is changing all the time. I've even known properties in the same street where smart is okay at one but not another. This is something we're working on so, eventually, we're able to offer Smart Meters to all our customers. Believe me, if it was possible to install one for a customer as keen as you, we would.

Sorry again you weren't given a better explanation warmy but hope this helps. Don't worry, as above, our Smart Team will be in touch as soon as we can fit the meters you want.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback