Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Hello TREVORCOLMAN and I'd suggest using our website or a different switching site.

What tariff are you interested in? Some of our tariffs are only available through certain routes. If you let me know, I'll point you towards the site offering that particular tariff.

We've no control over third party sites like Quidco.

Thanks TREVORCOLMAN and look forward to hearing from you.

Malc

This is not a satisfactory answer, I will go elsewhere.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maxcy wrote: »
    When you say you applied to Eon via quidco, how exactly did you do that?
    As I don't see Eon listed on Quidco? :huh:
    e.g. Did you perhaps apply via one of the third party comparison sites that are listed on quidco?
    If so, you'll need to contact that third party.
    maxcy wrote: »
    That's quidco compare, a third party comparison site, as you indicate actually operated by ofgem accredited comparison site, Energylinx

So no wonder Quidco don't have contact details for Eon.
    TREVORCOLMAN would need to contact quidco compare, operated by energylinx, if there is an issue and that is how TREVORCOLMAN actually applied - that's the 'retailer' that quidco refer to :)

https://www.quidco.com/e-on/

... and looks like they haven't done so since 2012
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    You can switch via Quidco, although they're just a white label of Energylinx.

I'll never use Quidco again because my cashback from National Tyres was a scam. It was declined last March, but when I reported missing cashback Quidco told me not to worry, always saying that it would all be sorted out. Months went by and nothing happened, but Quidco said payment would be made in August. Needless to say, it was still rejected.

Why am I not surprised a Quidco energy switch went wrong?

Thanks both.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks both.

Malc

When you search for Quidco Compare it takes you to QUIDCO - funny that.:rotfl:
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    AndyCF wrote: »
    The automated (phone) system for payments is not quite working properly. It is known about as the message states that "cannot assist with enquiries unless you are off supply" or something along those lines.

I put £10 into it via card this morning (before 8am) and I'm still waiting. I tried ringing a few times but decided not to bother the advisor as friendly hours mean I have till < 11AM Monday to deal with it.

Cannot recall if Sunday = No one there or not for this

So I'll check it again and 'wait' this time on Monday if its not been applied.

Interestingly the text confirming the payment with the auth code -did- arrive about 2 minutes after paying, so its not all bad. :)

I realise I could probably hang on the line for an advisor and annoy them to push it onto the meter but it seems pointless as it may rectify itself assuming it will do an automated 'catch up' , what I mean is if its after about > 9.30AM Monday and there's no sign of it = Phone for either manual 'push' or a vend code. :) , either is fine with me. :D , its not actually showing on my side of hte transaction logs (but that's half expected)

Hello AndyCF and I'm sorry you had difficulties topping up your meter at the weekend.

Spot on about the friendly hours. If you had run out of credit over the weekend, there would be no disconnection between 4pm and 11am Monday to Saturday or anytime on Sundays and UK Bank Holidays.

Whilst our Customer Service teams don't work on Sundays, there isn't a cut-off for emergency Prepayment call outs. This line is open 24 hours a day all year round. If you did need this service, please call our general number out of hours and there'll be a message with details of how to contact the Emergency team.

Sorry again for the difficulties AndyCF and thanks for your patience.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Thanks, sorry about the earlier post, I couldn't find a response at that time, but ollie pointed me in the right direction!
    Since my last post, my sister has been asked for a reading, which has been given, but nothing since then. I am waiting to see what happens next before following your advice. I just wish it could be resolved, as the longer it goes on, the more it stresses out my sister. BTW, she is perfectly capable of handling her account providing she can continue to do it 'the old fashioned way', ie. receiving a paper bill and paying by post. There must be many, many others who are not online.

Many thanks for the update luv_my_brass. Hope all goes well.

Totally appreciate not everyone wants to handle their accounts online. Your sister can continue to receive paper bills and pay by cheque through the post. If she talks to us, we can make sure her account is set up for this.

Thanks again luv_my_brass.

Malc
  • Shaun_Pollard
    Options
    I am less than impressed with Eon. Their website is constantly out of date and does not reflect the true state of my account. I gave final meter readings in September. They failed to update any readings on their website at all. However they did email me the following day to thank me for my readings so must have received them. When they eventually produced a final bill they used my gas reading but estimated the electricity! I went on line and paid the final bill. Their website informed me that something had failed with the payment - a warning of "That's blown it". I tried again and got the same response. I rang Eon and eventually got through to a person who advised that the payment had been taken twice from my credit card. The customer services rep advised that she would get her manager to refund one of the payments. Twelve days have passed and there is no refund on my credit card. Eon have confirmed both payments and have the money twice over. This defeated the object of me cancelling my direct debit with Eon to avoid them taking extra payments and keeping them for weeks. I've moved to Outfox the Market who apparently have a poor service rating. So far I couldn't be more pleased with the service that Outfox have provided.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 October 2019 at 5:44PM
    Options
    I have just started teacher training and am awaiting my student money to come through. In the meantime, I have had to sign off, so living off what little savings I have, with are disappearing quickly.

Two weeks ago, I realised that if my student money did not come through quickly, I would be struggling to pay my EON direct debit on the 16th. I contacted them to explain and was told that if it bounced, it would be represented today (23). If that failed, then my account would move to montly payment cash payment and there would be a slight increase in my SC and UP. I could then set up the direct debit again, when my money came through.

No problem I thought, and after realising that if my EON DD went out today, I would really be struggling, I cancelled the DD. As things stand, with payments already taken and elec used, I am £20.71 in credit.

Today I receive an email from EON saying that they had received notification that my DD had been cancelled and my SC would change from 20.37p to 24.728p and my UP would change from 13.766p to 14.753p.

They mentioned two dates

1) "Your fixed monthly direct debit will be cancelled on 4th November"

2) "If your new payment arrangement is not set up, from 31st October, you will need to pay your future bills within 14 days of receiving them"

I could not work out which date my new rates would be applicable, as I wanted to give meter readings for the day before, so EON would not have to estimate my starting usage for the new rates.

Foolishly, I decided to phone EON to get some advice. 37 mins and 14 seconds later, I was still non-the-wiser, as I eventually told that my rates would not change, even though my DD is no longer active.

So EON, you are now contradicting yourself and leaving me very confused.

I am not avoiding payment, just struggling until Student Finance England can pull their fingers out and pay me.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 October 2019 at 7:40PM
    Options
    So after a chat with Web chat - they have confirmed what the email says.

However, I was told that it would only be my standing charge that would change and not my Unit Price - then went on to give me a different UP.

These match what the email says, but I wish they could get their facts straight.

Chat Start Time : 2019-10-23T19:10:58 Chat Duration : 14 minute(s) 13 second(s) Subject : RES_PaymentsDirectDebit
    2019-10-23T19:11:05 E.ON : Hello, what can we help you with today? It'll just take a moment while we send your message to the next available advisor, then we'll be ready to chat.
    2019-10-23T19:11:18 Ciaran : Good Evening, my name is Ciaran, I hope you are well, how is it I can help you ?
    2019-10-23T19:11:25 Andy Littlewood : Hi
    2019-10-23T19:11:38 Andy Littlewood : (Withheld person information)
    2019-10-23T19:11:54 Andy Littlewood : Can you please help me with an account query 2019-10-23T19:12:04 Ciaran : Yes what is the query ?
    2019-10-23T19:12:46 Andy Littlewood : I have previsouly chatted to you and today I have stopped my DD, unitl my student money comes through
    2019-10-23T19:13:21 Andy Littlewood : I have recieved an expected email from you informing me of my new tariff rates, due to no longer paying by DD
    2019-10-23T19:13:36 Ciaran : Yes i can see the note from earlier today when you called
    2019-10-23T19:13:38 Andy Littlewood : I am trying to find out what date my new rates start
    2019-10-23T19:13:51 Andy Littlewood : The email does not say
    2019-10-23T19:14:06 Ciaran : The standing charge will increase from the day the DD was canceled
    2019-10-23T19:14:25 Ciaran : So yesterday
    2019-10-23T19:15:20 Andy Littlewood : And when I set up the DD again, it will revert back to my original rates?
    2019-10-23T19:16:28 Ciaran : Yes back to the lower standing charge price
    2019-10-23T19:17:16 Andy Littlewood : Thank you for your help, as the person I spoke to on the phone said my rates would not increase. I knew this to be wrong info, so I thank you for giving me the correct info
    2019-10-23T19:17:32 Ciaran : What you pay per unit will not change
    2019-10-23T19:17:37 Ciaran : as its a fixed rate
    2019-10-23T19:17:58 Ciaran : Its the standing charge price that will increase just while the DD is not in place
    2019-10-23T19:18:35 Andy Littlewood : Can you tell me what the new standing charge rate will be please?
    2019-10-23T19:19:31 Ciaran : 09/07/2019 00:00:00 12/07/2019 00:00:00 Fix Online Exclusive v4 Elec Only UR (Fix Online Exclusive v4) Standing Charge (Days) 23.550 Normal (kWh) 14.050
    2019-10-23T19:19:38 Ciaran : This was your costs prior to you having the DD
    2019-10-23T19:19:50 Ciaran : So should be as seen above
    2019-10-23T19:19:58 Ciaran : 13/07/2019 00:00:00 08/07/2020 00:00:00 Fix Online Exclusive v4 Elec Only UR (Fix Online Exclusive v4) Standing Charge (Days) 19.400 Normal (kWh) 13.110
    2019-10-23T19:20:16 Ciaran : This is what they were with a DD in place
    2019-10-23T19:21:26 Andy Littlewood : Brilliant thankyou Can I give you a meter reading for yesterday please.
    2019-10-23T19:21:55 Ciaran : Yes you can indeed, do you want a bill created or just the read added to the account
    2019-10-23T19:23:19 Andy Littlewood : Just a read, so you can accurately start my new reading without estimating. The reading is 6256
    2019-10-23T19:24:00 Ciaran : Okay perfect
    2019-10-23T19:24:07 Ciaran : I have added that for you
    2019-10-23T19:24:23 Andy Littlewood : Many thanks. You have been very helpful
    2019-10-23T19:24:58 Ciaran : Its been a pleasure chatting with you and I hope you have enjoyed using Live Chat to communicate with us today. Thank you very much for your time, all the best =) ��
  • tizwoz46
    tizwoz46 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking to change to Eon's Fix Online Exclusive V.12.
    Does anyone know if I have to have a smart meter fitted? (Don't want one!)
    Trish :)
    Options
    I am less than impressed with Eon. Their website is constantly out of date and does not reflect the true state of my account. I gave final meter readings in September. They failed to update any readings on their website at all. However they did email me the following day to thank me for my readings so must have received them. When they eventually produced a final bill they used my gas reading but estimated the electricity! I went on line and paid the final bill. Their website informed me that something had failed with the payment - a warning of "That's blown it". I tried again and got the same response. I rang Eon and eventually got through to a person who advised that the payment had been taken twice from my credit card. The customer services rep advised that she would get her manager to refund one of the payments. Twelve days have passed and there is no refund on my credit card. Eon have confirmed both payments and have the money twice over. This defeated the object of me cancelling my direct debit with Eon to avoid them taking extra payments and keeping them for weeks. I've moved to Outfox the Market who apparently have a poor service rating. So far I couldn't be more pleased with the service that Outfox have provided.

Hello Shaun Pollard and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to lose you and that the switch away hasn't been smooth. Also for the delay re-paying the duplicate payment. You shouldn't have to wait this long for your money to be returned. Please contact us and raise a complaint. There are details of how to do this on our website.

Refunds to credit cards need to be done by senior managers as only they have the required access to put these through. It will need to go back to the card used to make the payment and they'll ask for the last 3 digits on the back of the card.

The new supplier is responsible for driving the switch. They send us their opening readings and we use the same ones to close our account and issue the final bill. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. Readings go through a third party who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property. Sometimes the third party will make a change and both suppliers need to use the amended readings to start/close their respective accounts. These readings will be shown as estimates because they haven't come from you or a meter reader.

It's important our closing readings match those used by your new supplier to start their account.

Sorry again for the difficulties you've come up against Shaun Pollard.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback