parking a large company vehicle

Options

Comments

• Reggie_Rebel
    Reggie_Rebel Posts: 5,036 Forumite
    Options
    The only problem with parking away from your house is that you can't always see who's sniffing around your vehicle and would not see if the tyres got let down or something chucked in the back.
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
  • Gilbert2
    Gilbert2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Why should the OP move, the ignorant so and so lives in another street (cul-de-sac) so he is not parking the truck where it will upset his neigbours, .

Why don't you read what was posted?

He is not parking his truck in his cul-de-sac to not upset his neighbours at all.

He is actually not parking his truck in his cul-de-sac because it is too big.

Completely different reason.

And there is nothing odd in that, some designs of road are like that.

The OP also states he is new to the area. It is my guess he overlooked the obvious parking problems of his new abode and now he is in a pickle.

If the truck is parked perfectly legally then there is nothing the OP can do about it other than have a word, which he has and it didn't work.

Is the OP a nit picker? We don't know but he may be as he seems to be complaining about a person who is going about his business quite legally.

My advice is move or lump it!
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Gilbert2 wrote: »
    Why don't you read what was posted?

He is not parking his truck in his cul-de-sac to not upset his neighbours at all.

He is actually not parking his truck in his cul-de-sac because it is too big.

Completely different reason.

Actually no, not different, the OP states that neighbours were having problems with the guys last truck however, this truck is bigger, the truck is too big to be parked in the Cul-de-sac as was the old truck, but maybe it's also too big to be parked in the next street thus, it's causing residents problems.

It's not your truck by any chance is it?
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Gilbert2
    Options
    Now this makes is very awquard for us! My partner now wont attempt to get her car off the drive anymore in fear of hitting it! So I have to! But its like a 10 point turn we wouldn’t need to do if it wasn’t there! And frankly I don’t see why we should !

Why do you need to move your partner's car out of the drive rather than her!?

You both obviously have licences.

If she can't do something as simple as this then she shouldn't be on the road in the first place!

How did she pass her test?:eek:
  • Gilbert2
    Options
    Actually no, not different, the OP states that neighbours were having problems with the guys last truck however, this truck is bigger, the truck is too big to be parked in the Cul-de-sac as was the old truck, but maybe it's also too big to be parked in the next street thus, it's causing residents problems.

It's not your truck by any chance is it?

No, that is not the issue whatsoever, why make it up?

Maybe this, maybe that!

No, what is stated is that the truck is too big for his cul-de-sac, nothing to maybe about it!

It is perfectly legal and the truck owner just happens to have pokey nosed neighbours like the OP and no doubt you!

And it's not my truck although I'd not be bothered either like the truck owner just for the sake of some curtain twitchers who think they also own the road their abode happens to be situated by.

What a nerve.
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do you need to move your partner's car out of the drive rather than her!?

You both obviously have licences.

If she can't do something as simple as this then she shouldn't be on the road in the first place!

How did she pass her test?:eek:

It seems to me that if someone is having to make excessive turns to get in and out of their drive then the vehicle is parked in an inappropriate manor.

Who has to do that is neither here nor there.
    The vehicle should not be left on a public road where it is an obstruction, simple as.

I'm surprised the op has been as tolerant about this as they have.
  • Gilbert2
    Options
    alleycat` wrote: »
    It seems to me that if someone is having to make excessive turns to get in and out of their drive then the vehicle is parked in an inappropriate manor.

Who has to do that is neither here nor there.
    The vehicle should not be left on a public road where it is an obstruction, simple as.

Not the case.

Surely you have seen housing estates built where parking is at a premium? House builders cram as many properties as possible to maximise their return.

I have lived on one in the past. We had one hard stand and many households had 2, 3 or more cars.

So cars were parked on the pavements, which is illegal. It was a nightmare.

This truck is actually parked on the damn road! Legally!

One reason I moved was because of the parking situation.

The OP is new to his area and he has quite obviously overlooked this problem. He probably viewed his property during the day when most cars were not there.

He sounds like a busybody.

If he don't like it, move.
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not the case.

Surely you have seen housing estates built where parking is at a premium? House builders cram as many properties as possible to maximise their return.

I have lived on one in the past. We had one hard stand and many households had 2, 3 or more cars.

So cars were parked on the pavements, which is illegal. It was a nightmare.

This truck is actually parked on the damn road! Legally!

One reason I moved was because of the parking situation.

The OP is new to his area and he has quite obviously overlooked this problem. He probably viewed his property during the day when most cars were not there.

He sounds like a busybody.

If he don't like it, move.

If you think that all you've said is correct i don't want you working for me.

Parking a company liveried vehicle in a stupid place, where you can't keep an eye on it and peeing off my potential customers...
    Genius...

It shouldn't be left in a place that impacts someones ability to exit or enter their drive no matter how narrow the street is or isn't.

I suspect he'll be told not to park their by head office just to save on the aggravation for them.

All it takes is the Op and a few neighbours to start bleating at some local rag and the company will lose business.

Why doesn't the idiot bringing home a vehicle that doesn't fit where he lives move to somewhere to accommodate it?
    Surely that makes more sense as they can then keep an eye on the vehicle as well.
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    No, that is not the issue whatsoever, why make it up?

Maybe this, maybe that!

No, what is stated is that the truck is too big for his cul-de-sac, nothing to maybe about it!

It is perfectly legal and the truck owner just happens to have pokey nosed neighbours like the OP and no doubt you!

And it's not my truck although I'd not be bothered either like the truck owner just for the sake of some curtain twitchers who think they also own the road their abode happens to be situated by.

What a nerve.

I doubt very much that the driver 'owns' the truck. And how do you actually know that the truck is parked legally? Have you seen it??
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    alleycat` wrote: »
    Why doesn't the idiot bringing home a vehicle that doesn't fit where he lives move to somewhere to accommodate it?

Or not bring it home at all.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure