🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

parking a large company vehicle

Options

Comments

• Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Think a company requires an O licence over 3500kg [STRIKE]gvw[/STRIKE] unladen.

Fixed that for you. It's 3500kg (or 3.5t) unladen or 7500kg (or 7.5t) max gross weight.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options

i am still going to give it one last shot speaking to him before phoneing the company about it

thanks for all input

I wouldn't give him anymore chances to be honest, He's already made it clear to you and and others on the street, that he's not interested. I would not contact the branch, I would go to head office, this guy may be the manager of the local branch so your complaints will fall on deaf ears.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Gilbert2
    Gilbert2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    well to me and for where its being parked its oversized, hardly your bread and butter mondeao isit

and thanks for the replys! i am still going to give it one last shot speaking to him beforephoneing the company about it

thanks for all input

Sorry OP, but you sound like Hyacinth Bucket off Keeping Up Appearances!

Parking nowdays is at a premium, it will even add value to a property in certain areas.

Unfortunately, if you live in an area where parking is a problem then you just have to lump it should the vehicle be legally parked, though there is nothing wrong with a bit of consideration.

However, if it's like many other areas then the chap may well just be unable to park it anywhere else.

Or just move where parking won't be an issue if it's that much of a bother to you.
  • McCoy
    McCoy Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Gilbert2 wrote: »
    Or just move where parking won't be an issue if it's that much of a bother to you.

Indeed.

Put your house on the market and navigate the potential minefield of buying and selling property, the massive expense and so on, rather than attempt to find a solution to the issue.

What an erudite suggestion. :)
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Options
    Tilt wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. It's 3500kg (or 3.5t) unladen or 7500kg (or 7.5t) max gross weight.

Are you sure?

I thought it changed and it was now any lorry, bus or van over 3500KG (or 3.5t) Gross Vehicle Weight or Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM).

Happy to stand corrected though, wouldnt want to be giving people duff information.
  • Gilbert2
    Options
    McCoy wrote: »
    Indeed.

Put your house on the market and navigate the potential minefield of buying and selling property, the massive expense and so on, rather than attempt to find a solution to the issue.

What an erudite suggestion. :)

Yes, but I did say if it was that much of a bother to the OP.

It is obviously a bit of a bother to have posted on here in the first place.

Some people get consumed with the most trivial of things.

Also, I was actually hinting at the fact, like it or not, there are neighbourhoods where this is not a problem, just like crime may be lower, etc.

You get what you pay for essentially.

I've had this situation with a neighbour in similar circumstances when I had a transit.

Basically, I told him to live on Southfork Ranch if he didn't want to live with other people who may have vehicles.
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure?

I thought it changed and it was now any lorry, bus or van over 3500KG (or 3.5t) Gross Vehicle Weight or Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM).

Happy to stand corrected though, wouldnt want to be giving people duff information.

Actually it seems that you are correct so I apologize. But I don't think you need an HGV licence to drive a vehicle up to 7.5t GVW but it would need an O licence according to the link;

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/publications/businesslinkwebpages/goodsvehiclesexemptfromoperatorlicensingrequirements.htm
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • McCoy
    McCoy Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, but I did say if it was that much of a bother to the OP.

It is obviously a bit of a bother to have posted on here in the first place.

Some people get consumed with the most trivial of things.

Also, I was actually hinting at the fact, like it or not, there are neighbourhoods where this is not a problem, just like crime may be lower, etc.

You get what you pay for essentially.

I've had this situation with a neighbour in similar circumstances when I had a transit.

Basically, I told him to live on Southfork Ranch if he didn't want to live with other people who may have vehicles.

To be honest I think you could give your answer to virtually every issue a person raises regarding where they live if you were of a mind to.

Questions regarding parking, dog fouling, potholes, people behaving antisocially and so on could all be met with your own 'why don't you move if it bothers you so much', but I'm sure you're aware of how unhelpful your suggestion is.

Better to attempt to deal with the issue and try to find a solution if possible. :)
  • Gilbert2
    Options
    McCoy wrote: »
    To be honest I think you could give your answer to virtually every issue a person raises regarding where they live if you were of a mind to.

Questions regarding parking, dog fouling, potholes, people behaving antisocially and so on could all be met with your own 'why don't you move if it bothers you so much', but I'm sure you're aware of how unhelpful your suggestion is.

Better to attempt to deal with the issue and try to find a solution if possible. :)

Yes, but if moving is the answer to avoid the above you point out then it is still a valid answer.

My first house was a fairly new build terrace and the walls were thin and both my neighbours were a pain. I tried reasoning with them but to no real result.

The wisdom was that I could avoid this particualr problem forever if I buy a detached, which is what I eventually did.

Unfortunately for the OP, if they are unable to move, then they will have to lump it and put up with people parking large vehicles near him quite legally.

Some people can only afford a dwelling in a crime ridden estate, one can try and reason with that too but probably without success.

Likewise, if the OP lives somewhere where parking is an issue then the answer is simple.

Try and have a word, which he has with no success, accept that he lives in an area where parking is an issue or move to where it isn't.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Yes, but if moving is the answer to avoid the above you point out then it is still a valid answer.

My first house was a fairly new build terrace and the walls were thin and both my neighbours were a pain. I tried reasoning with them but to no real result.

The wisdom was that I could avoid this particualr problem forever if I buy a detached, which is what I eventually did.

Unfortunately for the OP, if they are unable to move, then they will have to lump it and put up with people parking large vehicles near him quite legally.

Some people can only afford a dwelling in a crime ridden estate, one can try and reason with that too but probably without success.

Likewise, if the OP lives somewhere where parking is an issue then the answer is simple.

Try and have a word, which he has with no success, accept that he lives in an area where parking is an issue or move to where it isn't.

Why should the OP move, the ignorant so and so lives in another street (cul-de-sac) so he is not parking the truck where it will upset his neigbours, given the fact that he works in a tool hire shop and given the hours he works, I would suggest that the guy is only using the company vehicle as a perk, ie so he doesn't have to use his own car to get to work, hence my advice, report to head office, if they respond by not letting this guy take the truck home then the problem is removed.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport