PlusNet Problems

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
17 replies 941 views
heather2209heather2209 Forumite
150 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me. I stopped using plusnet 3 months ago for my broadband, as service was useless, and I cancelled my direct debit. I had no tie in and therefore just chose anoth user.
2 days ago I received a letter from the demanding 3 months payments, any ideas of what I should do. Will i nedd to pay this, or should I tell them that there is no way I am paying
Thanks
Heather
Piggy Points (started 27/04/07) 2115
Quidco (started 27/04/07) £17.82
Comping Challenge £0/£180
May Grocery Challenge £108.76/£220

Replies

• hi albertross,
    i phoned them to say I was moving, changed to virgin beginning march, PlusNet called me over easter to tell me I could not cancel via phone and would need to do so online, thing is I do not knoe the account number or login, and the email server i used is now not availabe for them to send me a reminder of my details (thus they will not send mne the info, and I cannot log into my account.

Must get some sleep now, but look forward to your advice!!
    Heathert
  • heather2209heather2209 Forumite
    150 Posts
    i will try this today, when I get back from taking the kids to school.
    heather
  • seaweaselseaweasel Forumite
    428 Posts
    I had a similar problem with PlusNet a couple of years ago. I chose them because they had a monthly contract however when I went to cancel (think it was about 6 or 9 months later), they charged me an extra month's service and a connection charge (which apparently was only waived if you used them for 12 months). I escalated it but the CSM or whoever just argued with me and said that if I didn't pay they'd get a DCA involved.

Ironically I moved to Bulldog who have the worst customer service and billing I have ever encountered with any company (although to be fair the connection itselt is pretty good and things have improved since Pipex took over).
    150 Posts
    they sound a nice bunch of people. well wish me luck I am going to give them a call if I can find a number.
    Heather
    150 Posts
    I have had to coff up 47gbp to get away from them, not too happy!!
  • smcaulsmcaul Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    I have had to coff up 47gbp to get away from them, not too happy!!

Believe me, it is £47 well spent, the quicker you can get away from +net the better!!!!!
    150 Posts
    i agree, but my job finished last week, so i am feeling the pinch!!
  • Hi there,

Firstly let me introduce myself :), my name's Mand and I work for the Comms Team here at PlusNet.

The £47 fee will be related to a house move within the last 12 months, does this sound correct? Basically we give you the choice when signing up or moving house to defer the activation fee for 12 months. If you leave within that 12 months the fee becomes payable, if you leave after 12 months you pay nothing. You can also pay any activation fees upfront, but you would then not make a saving if you stayed for more than 12 months.

If you fancy PM'ing me your username, or dropping me an email ([email protected]) I'd be happy to look at this for you.

Regards
    Mand Beckett
    PlusNet Comms Team
    150 Posts
    Hi there,

Firstly let me introduce myself :), my name's Mand and I work for the Comms Team here at PlusNet.

The £47 fee will be related to a house move within the last 12 months, does this sound correct? Basically we give you the choice when signing up or moving house to defer the activation fee for 12 months. If you leave within that 12 months the fee becomes payable, if you leave after 12 months you pay nothing. You can also pay any activation fees upfront, but you would then not make a saving if you stayed for more than 12 months.

If you fancy PM'ing me your username, or dropping me an email ([email protected]) I'd be happy to look at this for you.

Regards
    Mand Beckett
    PlusNet Comms Team

Hi I would love to send you my iser name for you to look into it for me, but am not willing to do so, in such a public forum. I would apprecaite it if you could give me a contact number to call you on/ email address at work.
    Thanks
    Heather

Alternatively the standard telephone number with your phone extension
  • JayTee99_2JayTee99_2 Forumite
    235 Posts
    i dont blame you for being a little sceptical.
    a just-registered first-posting n00b asking for your isp user name does stretch credulity a little :-)

but i think that person could be genuine, certainly the email format is identical to others used on the Plusnet comms team.

i wouldnt pm them details but it might be to your advantage to email them first and see if you can get a reply.

there is someone by that name posting on the thinkbroadband Plusnet forum, so is likely to be the same person
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals