Economy Energy, who are they?

Comments

• Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 May 2014 at 12:24PM
    Wywth wrote: »
    You obviously have never been to Coventry Airport - there is indeed a large business park there :)

- I haven't
    - Coventry & Brum don't talk - they 'sing' words and sentences !
    - there's one under the Man-U ground, been there - done that
    - didn't suggest anything sinister
    - simply pointed to where

I'm all for competition [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM].
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2014 at 12:24PM
    ...[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

If, as the OP suggest, they only supply PPM customers, they won't need any bank details.

But like the OP, I would prefer to get more information on this supplier than cast judgement in ignorance. :)
  • Wywth wrote: »
    If, as the OP suggest, they only supply PPM customers, they won't need any bank details.

But like the OP, I would prefer to get more information on this supplier than cast judgement in ignorance. :)

- if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, that's not ignorance, that's playing safe
    - they offer nothing that others who are already national regulated names offer
    - I'm too risk averse ? - damn right I am :)
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    - if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, that's not ignorance, that's playing safe
    - they offer nothing that others who are already national regulated names offer
    - I'm too risk averse ? - damn right I am :)

I don't know how it walks or quacks yet ;)

As you seem to know what the supplier offers, how much do they charge please? Afterall, all gas and electricity suppliers offer the same thing. The only difference is billing & customer service.
    I don't know how it walks or quacks yet ;)

As you seem to know what the supplier offers, how much do they charge please? After all, all gas and electricity suppliers offer the same thing. The only difference is billing & customer service.

- no idea, and there's the nub of it
    - no one does, their site is a secret
    - that's why it walks or quacks

They are offering pricing at less than the big 6, based on 4.13 :

The 12 month rolling tracker contract guarantees that the annual energy prices you pay will always be cheaper than the annual average standard energy prices of the `big 6.’ (Based on standard tariffs and using Ofgem’s published average annual consumption figures of 3300kWh electricity and 16500kWh gas).

- however as stated, they offer nothing that others who are already national regulated names offer
    - a no-mark company, no one ever heard of
    - an iffy website and iffy registration
    - trawling for leads by accosting people in the street
    - I wouldn't want them to have my home address, let alone my energy account
    Why do you want to change supplier if you don't even know how much they are charging you???

Simples..... I want both my gas and electricity with the same supplier which is one of the big 6.

Yes it will no doubt cost me a bit more but at the same time my prefered supplier offers far more support and back up when things go wrong!
  • just had a visit from one of their reps - seemed to know what he was talking about. took my details , after confirming i could opt out and not use their prepayment key i stupidly signed . The rep then tore off a slip with my signature on it and didn't even leave me a copy of the duplicate contract .

I thought this aint right - what am i signing for ? i had to chase the rep down the road and get him to rip up the contract ( give me the pieces )

They do appear on the 'companies in the uk' website - the google maps street view shows a forlorn incomplete trading estate but that could be the age of the street view rendering

If they are legit - their mistake is not leaving a signed copy with customer . I usually ask reps to leave some details and i'll contact them if im interested - hopefully this will be my last lapse of focus !!

Has anyone else had dealings with economy energy ?
  • glook2000 wrote: »
    just had a visit from one of their reps - seemed to know what he was talking about. took my details , after confirming i could opt out and not use their prepayment key i stupidly signed . The rep then tore off a slip with my signature on it and didn't even leave me a copy of the duplicate contract .

I thought this aint right - what am i signing for ? i had to chase the rep down the road and get him to rip up the contract ( give me the pieces )

They do appear on the 'companies in the uk' website - the google maps street view shows a forlorn incomplete trading estate but that could be the age of the street view rendering

If they are legit - their mistake is not leaving a signed copy with customer . I usually ask reps to leave some details and i'll contact them if im interested - hopefully this will be my last lapse of focus !!

Has anyone else had dealings with economy energy ?

Thanks for the feedback glook2000, first person actual 'real' experiences are the most valuable lessons, we as consumers, can learn from.
  • NowRetired
    NowRetired Posts: 366 Forumite
    i had to chase the rep down the road and get him to rip up the contract ( give me the pieces )

How do you know it was your contract that he ripped up?
    Getting forgetful, if you think I've asked this before I probably have. :rotfl:
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    glook2000 wrote: »
    after confirming i could opt out and not use their prepayment key

Glook (and other readers) - be aware that this is not true.
    The contract you signed was for them to supply you. You have/had a cooling off period to cancel it.
    By the time they send you a key that process is irreversible, and you will become their customer even if you continue to use your old key.
    There is a 'middleman' that collates all the payments from the shops and allocates them according to the central database (or should...).
    This is better than it used to be when they would continue to send your payments to your old supplier, causing your new supplier to think you are in debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure