Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So pleased that the house is becoming a real home for you. You da boss of that desk now.

Have fun and hope all is well in Rosa world - soon be easter .

p.s I checked out YNAB as I thought it would give me some focus, still 50/50 not joined yet mainly as spreadsheet is free so i guess i am officially a tighto lol

Sam x

Hi Sam

All is good though slightly wishing I had told a friend they could come for part of the Easter weekend, ie the later bit, not all of it... having to suddenly clear spare room :eek::eek:

Spreadsheet makes perfect sense if it works for you :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm far too mean for YNAB :o

I think when you work at home its really important to have a nice space to work. Needs to be the right height, etc and a proper chair.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Rosa, the study sounds nice. It's good to have a separate space to work. I have a little room I could use but it is full of junk. You have inspired me to clear it out to create a study. I was thinking of doing another room first but this might be a better place to start :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Rosa, the study sounds nice. It's good to have a separate space to work. I have a little room I could use but it is full of junk. You have inspired me to clear it out to create a study. I was thinking of doing another room first but this might be a better place to start :)

Yay! So worth it when you WFH as you spend so much time there - bit like cost per wear - benefit per hour used!

I find I am doing jobs in a random order according to how scary they feel. The smallest room felt more doable in some ways. I really haven't done anything drastic, just shifted out the carp (to the spare room, which is why that now needs sorting :rotfl:) and the furniture isn't fancy. There were plenty of options on 3bay for desks, though in the end I bought one new. I was just thinking it would be nice to have flowers or a plant in here too :)
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Yes a plant sounds good or maybe a baby Bonzai for inspiration - if moggies won't eat it? :-)

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Yes a plant sounds good or maybe a baby Bonzai for inspiration - if moggies won't eat it? :-)

Sam x

Dunno about mogs but I'm not sure I would manage to keep a bonsai bonsai... it seems a bit cruel to me, keeping them so stunted. I'd probably just end up with a tree :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a so called fortune bonsai.
    It is a bit battered but still ok after about two years.
    A record for me!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had three bonsai, I killed them all :o
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Ah ok maybe not ...Maybe just have a look for low maintenance plant. ;)

All that good outside inside vibe.

Is there such a thing as grown your own chocolate plant? to only be shared with MSE friends obviously ...;):D

Great that you have company at easter - sounds fun :beer::j

Sam x
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    We had three bonsai, I killed them all :o

I can not believe everything you touch is not successful ;)

I had a venus fly trap on an office desk once :cool: lol until I gave it to an office junior who then spend all day looking for "things" to feed into it :(
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport