🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Experian Statutory Credit Report not working?

Options

Comments

• Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And... two printouts of my credit file arrived together. They'll send me a cheque for 2 quid, so that's alright I guess, but they should really check their systems.
    They should check their refund procedure as well, as I've paid the money on a credit card, and I don't think they get the fees waived. If they send me a cheque, they lose a bit of money, and I keep my credit card cashback for that payment as well :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just an update..

Received an email 24 hours after I ordered/got the error message, saying they have my application and have charged my card for £2. Also says they will email me a link in a few days and post a letter with log in details. Both of which still haven't arrived.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Code came in the post but does not work. Also the letter says to use the link in the email but there is no link in the email!

It's just a rip off as they don't want you to access your £2 file, they want you to pay tenner a month for credit expert b*llsh*t.

I emailed them and the auto reply says I won't get a response for 2 weeks.

Think I will just chargeback the £2.

Con.
  • Mozzanov
    Mozzanov Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Code came in the post but does not work. Also the letter says to use the link in the email but there is no link in the email!

It's just a rip off as they don't want you to access your £2 file, they want you to pay tenner a month for credit expert b*llsh*t.

I emailed them and the auto reply says I won't get a response for 2 weeks.

Think I will just chargeback the £2.

Con.
    Yes, they are very slow to reply. I got a response after 7-8 days.
  • eightiesneo
    eightiesneo Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Shame they have to send out the passkey in the post if you want to view it online, I was going to look at my record thinking the passkey would be emailed to me and have access instantly.
    If you have to wait for the passkey in the post, what's the point in viewing it online you may aswell just ask for a copy of the report via post!?

Seems daft to me
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shame they have to send out the passkey in the post if you want to view it online, I was going to look at my record thinking the passkey would be emailed to me and have access instantly.
    If you have to wait for the passkey in the post, what's the point in viewing it online you may aswell just ask for a copy of the report via post!?

Seems daft to me

No doubt the Experian Company Rep will be along soon to ignore your question.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Seems daft to me

Exactly. I thought the whole point of accessing it online was because it was going to be quicker. Seemingly not.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Same thing happened to me 2am is that the issue?

I wont try again now just in case they send one. Only tinkering so i dont need it.

Curious as my folks got a letter from Lloyds in my name about an account i had over 25 years ago. Seems its still open?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Just happened to me at 3am with Experian and Call Credit.

Equifax worked fine.

Glad i checked on here i will see if the Experian one as gone through before re-trying. Submitted Call Credit 4 times before giving up.:(

Thankfully, Equifax worked (Go equifax :)) and alls well on my file.

Like to check all 3 though, once or twice per year.

If the Experian person is still reading - who's bright idea was it to more than DOUBLE the price of credit alert?

And i have found out since spending 5 years using credit alert - there is no such thing as a credit score - and all mean nothing to lenders - who use their own systems.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly. I thought the whole point of accessing it online was because it was going to be quicker. Seemingly not.

So true. I also don't like the idea or mine being delivered to the neighbours by Royal Mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport