Experian Statutory Credit Report not working?

Options
Sorry there has been a problem

Unfortunately your application for a credit report has not been accepted because there is a problem with the service. (Code JAVA)

Your card has not been debited.

You may wish to send a written application to the following address enclosing a cheque or postal order for £2, payable to Experian Ltd. You need Adobe® Reader® to open and print this form.

Customer Support Centre
PO Box 1135
Warrington
WA55 1EP

- - -

What gives? I have the latest version of Java running on my system: "Java 7 Update 11".

Anyone know why the Experian system wont give me my statutory credit report? Is this just a system fault?

Guess I try Equifax or CallCredit instead.

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I would be surprised if the service required the actual java plugin in the browser?

Not least because it is often beset with security flaws.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21011669

Java (programming language etc) is used as a backend for more than just browser plugins/applets, so it could be some part of their other systems using it that have fallen over. Or it may refer to javascript rather than java itself?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    john10001 wrote: »
    Sorry there has been a problem

Anyone know why the Experian system wont give me my statutory credit report? Is this just a system fault?

Sorry you've had a problem with our website. If you'd like to send us details we'll investigate for you: customerrelations@experian.com

Thanks
    James Jones
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • john10001
    john10001 Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry you've had a problem with our website. If you'd like to send us details we'll investigate for you: [EMAIL="customerrelations@experian.com"]customerrelations@experian.com[/EMAIL]

Thanks
    James Jones

I've just received two letters in the post today dated 18 January! They say thanks for your recent order, your report is now available to access online and it gives a passkey! It says I have to do it in the next 30 days!

First thing is first. The website didn't work when I tried to do this and came up with the Java error message I previously mentioned!

Does this mean that I have now been charged twice for an Experian website error?

At the bottom of the letter it says credit expert dot co dot uk, but has the Experian logo top left. What is the link? It is signed from the head of fraud and correspondence!

I thought this was an online service? It doesn't say you must first receive something by post so this is misleading. I got the impression that there was a fault with the website due to the error code.

After the errors on the website I just went to Equifax instead where I didn't have these issues or problems and could view my report online and straight away!

Please can someone from Experian explain what is going on?

Thank you,

John
  • Mozzanov
    Mozzanov Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same error, but unfortunately tried a few times. When I first had it (because it mentions my card hasn't been debited) I decided to wait a while in case it's a system error. I tried again - same error. Then it struck me that I had disabled Java, so I tried. The same problem again though, even with Java now enabled. I best check to see if my card has been debited three times, despite their claims.

@John, it does mention you need to wait to receive a passkey. It's a bit odd of them though as I was able to get my Equifax one immediately.
  • Mozzanov
    edited 30 January 2013 at 6:02AM
    Options
    Sorry you've had a problem with our website. If you'd like to send us details we'll investigate for you: customerrelations@experian.com

Thanks
    James Jones

EDIT: Never mind, I found "consumer.helpservice@uk.experian.com".

Hello,

I tried that, but the email address didn't work. I don't want to burn further money calling your customer services, so please provide a valid email address so that I can get this issue resolved satisfactorily. Thank you.

M.
  • blinx
    blinx Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Today is the 26 FEBRUARY 2013 and I just tried to get online access to my Experian Credit File (as invited via their website) - and am getting the same message as the orginial poster john10001.... I tried several times, had to fill in all the details over & over, then I found this topic which is dated over a month ago.

Experian sort your website issues out or at least put a message on the site's home page. I've just wasted loads of time tonight filling & re-filling online forms (as it doesn't save information) as I thought the prob was my end, tried diff cards etc and then discovered via here that I'm not the only one who encountered this problem.

I'm hoping also that I'm not going to be charged several times either as (being a tenacious soul!) I inputted different cards thinking the prob was my end. :(
  • Mozzanov
    Options
    If you have the same experience as me, you will receive several codes for accessing your credit report. If you do get charged, call them up and they will issue a refund via cheque (just received mine).

Sucks (and stupid) that their website isn't working properly for such a long time, though.
  • geneticmaterial
    Options
    Just got the exact same issue and my Java is spot on, trust me.

Isn't showing £2 debited yet.

I'll see if the letter comes through and if the code works.

VERY FRUSTRATING HAVING TO ENTER THE DETAILS TWICE
  • geneticmaterial
    Options
    As I was previously a free member years ago and just hadn't used it I logged back online, updated my details and sent them a secure message advising that the statutory report failed and I got this response;
    Dear Sir/Madam
    Thank you for your order, your statutory credit report application has been accepted.
    We are processing your application and your card has been debited.
    If you chose to view your credit report online
    You will receive a further email when your report is available to view. This email should arrive within the next couple of days.
    You will also be sent a letter by post. This letter contains your unique log in credentials. You need these to access your report. You should receive this letter within 5 working days.
    If you chose to receive your credit report by post
    Your credit report will be sent within the next seven working days.
    If more than seven days have passed since you ordered your report and you have still not heard from us please complete the online report chase form.
    If you have any questions or need help
    If you have any questions about your report visit the Credit Report Help Centre.
    For help understanding your credit report and your rights please look in our free 'Your Credit Report Explained' guide.
    Please print and save a copy of this email for future reference.
    Many thanks,
    Adrian Potts
    Operations Director
    Experian

Hope that helps.
  • blinx
    blinx Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Well today I received TWO letters in the post (with diff Pass Key codes), I've not used them yet. But they should tell you this on the website (i.e, to expect to have to wait to receive a letter via snail mail!) - they make it sound like you are going to be able to instantly do it online. As for being charged (probably twice), its not showing up on my account yet, but of course it could still do so! Also I took a screen grab of where it said I had not been charged (due to the error) so I don't expect to get charged, (mind you I wasn't expecting a letter in the post, until I read the posts here!). Also that's why I tried again because the site stated there was an error! *bangs head*

They need to get their act together --- seems a cack handed way of doing things & doesn't exactly inspire confidence!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure