Aqua Card credit increase...

Options

Comments

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 February 2013 at 6:31PM
    Options
    Just added it all up, [STRIKE]£1,096.97[/STRIKE] £893.73 since my last statement on a £250 limit.

I think they are going to get a little annoyed when I close up and walk with £100 after just three statements... Haha.

Also. I spend that much? Hmm. More scutising my purchases methinks. At least it's all stuff I'd have bought using my debit card anyway.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • victoria797
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    Just added it all up, £1,096.97 since my last statement on a £250 limit.

I think they are going to get a little annoyed when I close up and walk with £100 after just three statements... Haha.

Also. I spend that much? Hmm. More scutising my purchases methinks. At least it's all stuff I'd have bought using my debit card anyway.

I thought you wouldn't get the £100 cashback with Aqua until the end of the year?
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought you wouldn't get the £100 cashback with Aqua until the end of the year?

If you leave the account open.

I presume they have to give you what you've earned to date if you close and settle the account.

If not I'll just leave it open until Christmas gathering dust at the back of a drawer :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • B1gsaver
    Options
    I pay by faster payments from my bank account which reaches the aqua card within minutes. And you don't need to wait for the transactions to post before paying them off.

I've put about £750 a month through the card using this method and they don't mind.

In fact, I've run about £750 through it this week. On a £250 limit. It's simple :o

To do bank transfer, where would I find the account number and sort code?

Thanks
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    B1gsaver wrote: »
    To do bank transfer, where would I find the account number and sort code?

Thanks

On the back of a paper statement. I imagine they've printed it in the introductory brochure, too. If not, call them.

Whatever you do, don't use anything you might be given on a forum!
  • victoria797
    Options
    If you leave the account open.

I presume they have to give you what you've earned to date if you close and settle the account.

If not I'll just leave it open until Christmas gathering dust at the back of a drawer :o

So the £100 cashback is just a one off thing? Meaning you wouldn't get anything back once you have reached the £100.Or is it £100 every year? x
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £100 a year.

Although I'm on track to have maxed this amount out in time for my fourth statement, in which case I will call them up to close the account. I'll only leave it open if that's the only way to get the cashback...

But yeah, it renews every 12 months.
  • victoria797
    Options
    lol then why close it? Is there a possibility of the card being cancelled if not used for a certain period of time?
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol then why close it? Is there a possibility of the card being cancelled if not used for a certain period of time?

Nah, I just don't want it to interfere with my Amex Platinum application I make in July. I'd rather the account show as settled when Amex do a credit search on me. I plan to have just two active accounts - my Nationwide bank account and my Creation Credit card - which has a £3,000 limit and has been open much longer than the Aqua card.

If you have new accounts it can negatively effect your credit score, but the effect is almost nullified if you close the account before applying elsewhere :o
  • OllyM
    OllyM Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I really don't think leaving a card with a £250 limit open will make any difference to your chances of being accepted for an Amex card. I'm 99% sure you'll have to keep it open until your anniversary to get the cashback anyway. Oh and by the way, the Everyday (fee free) card is being pulled at the end of the month so good luck applying in July ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure