Aqua Card credit increase...

Options

Comments

• downshifter98
    Options
    Hi all.

Have had the Aqua card for 6 months plus and just applied for a small increase in limit but they are asking for my 'ISC' - does anyone know what that is? I have my username, password and security question but don't recognise this - apparently it's 5 digits long?

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have had the Aqua card for 6 months plus and just applied for a small increase in limit but they are asking for my 'ISC' - does anyone know what that is? I have my username, password and security question but don't recognise this - apparently it's 5 digits long?

ISC is your Internet Security Code.

You would have chosen it when you registered for online access to your account.

As you say, its 5 numbers long with a)at least 2 distinct numbers and b) not more than 3 sequential numbers or more than 3 occurrences of the same number in a row.

Regards
    Sunil

• downshifter98
    Options
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    ISC is your Internet Security Code.

You would have chosen it when you registered for online access to your account.

As you say, its 5 numbers long with a)at least 2 distinct numbers and b) not more than 3 sequential numbers or more than 3 occurrences of the same number in a row.

Regards
    Sunil

Thanks - I'm usually good with this kind of stuff but can't remember setting that - looks like a phone call might be needed...
  • Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had mine 6 months at £200 limit. As soon as 6 months came, they upped it to £600 without me even asking.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • tunde10
    tunde10 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had my credit limit increased today after a phonecall from £250 to £350. I have had the card since July last year. They asked how much i wanted beforehand and i told whatever is available. Not sure if that made a difference. Quite disappointed but still an improvement.
  • B1gsaver
    Options
    I've had a credit card for over 5 years with a different company with no benefits, considering cancelling this as I no longer use it, your thoughts? This may help increase for Aqua credit after 6 months.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Probably won't make any difference. The limit uplifts are based on how you run your Aqua account more than anything else. Might even have a detrimental effect. It's always good to have an old account on your credit file as it demonstrates stability :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • thebigbosh
    Options
    I got this card for foreign spend only, have a good salary and credit. Got given £250 limit to start with and no possibility to increase for 6 months.

Also discovered that transactions take about 3 days to post (although your available credit is reduced immediately) so you have to wait to clear them, and online debit card payment also takes 3 days.

Called and cancelled as it was totally ineffective for me. Got the usual spiel about it being a credit builder and that they couldn't increase my limit. Yah great, I'm going to the Post Office instead.
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 February 2013 at 6:20PM
    Options
    thebigbosh wrote: »
    I got this card for foreign spend only, have a good salary and credit. Got given £250 limit to start with and no possibility to increase for 6 months.

Also discovered that transactions take about 3 days to post (although your available credit is reduced immediately) so you have to wait to clear them, and online debit card payment also takes 3 days.

Called and cancelled as it was totally ineffective for me. Got the usual spiel about it being a credit builder and that they couldn't increase my limit. Yah great, I'm going to the Post Office instead.

I pay by faster payments from my bank account which reaches the aqua card within minutes. And you don't need to wait for the transactions to post before paying them off.

I've put about £750 a month through the card using this method and they don't mind.

In fact, I've run about £750 through it this week. On a £250 limit. It's simple :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    thebigbosh wrote: »
    ...Also discovered that transactions take about 3 days to post (although your available credit is reduced immediately) so you have to wait to clear them,
    Wait for what and why?
    and online debit card payment also takes 3 days.
    FP takes 2 hours.
    Called and cancelled as it was totally ineffective for me.
    Good for you that you have so good salary that £100 p.a. cashback makes no difference to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure