Tiscali Payments...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
1 reply 554 views
gemdsimmgemdsimm Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I was looking into swapping over to sky broadband this morning, and had a quick look on the Tiscali site first, as they are my current provider. I went into my billing details, and noticed that the balance outstanding was £522.00.

It took me a little by surprise, but I thought it must be because that is my bill for the coming 12 months, and thought little more about it until I contacted Sky who told me to get a MAC code from Tiscali.

Having got back in touch it turned out that yes, I do indeed owe them £522.00 for the last year!

I checked with my bank who confirmed that I had a 'live' direct debit for my Tiscali account, set up in May of last year, but Tiscali simply haven't been asking my bank for the money!

The last letter I received from Tiscali was at the begining of May last year, prior to setting up the DD, and I have had uninterrupted internet access to date.

I'm not an avid statement checker ( if the balance at the bottom of the page is within £20 of where I think it should be I'm happy ) but how the hell can a company not ask for the money for twelve months without even sending a reminder out?

I've contacted Ofcom, who advised me to wait and see what Tiscali come back with, but has anyone got any advice as to how I should deal with this?

Replies

• espressoespresso Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemdsimm wrote: »
    I was looking into swapping over to sky broadband this morning, and had a quick look on the Tiscali site first, as they are my current provider. I went into my billing details, and noticed that the balance outstanding was £522.00.

It took me a little by surprise, but I thought it must be because that is my bill for the coming 12 months,

Why on earth would you expect to pay £522 for 12 months service? i.e. £43.50 per month!

and thought little more about it until I contacted Sky who told me to get a MAC code from Tiscali.

Having got back in touch it turned out that yes, I do indeed owe them £522.00 for the last year!

I checked with my bank who confirmed that I had a 'live' direct debit for my Tiscali account, set up in May of last year, but Tiscali simply haven't been asking my bank for the money!

The last letter I received from Tiscali was at the begining of May last year, prior to setting up the DD, and I have had uninterrupted internet access to date.

I'm not an avid statement checker ( if the balance at the bottom of the page is within £20 of where I think it should be I'm happy )

Obviously you should change your ways!

but how the hell can a company not ask for the money for twelve months without even sending a reminder out?

I've contacted Ofcom, who advised me to wait and see what Tiscali come back with, but has anyone got any advice as to how I should deal with this?

I don't think that Ofcom will be interested in a billing issue like this so pay for what you have used, get your MAC and leave these jokers ASAP.

:eek:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals