Tiscali Payments...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
1 reply 554 views
gemdsimmgemdsimm Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I was looking into swapping over to sky broadband this morning, and had a quick look on the Tiscali site first, as they are my current provider. I went into my billing details, and noticed that the balance outstanding was £522.00.

It took me a little by surprise, but I thought it must be because that is my bill for the coming 12 months, and thought little more about it until I contacted Sky who told me to get a MAC code from Tiscali.

Having got back in touch it turned out that yes, I do indeed owe them £522.00 for the last year!

I checked with my bank who confirmed that I had a 'live' direct debit for my Tiscali account, set up in May of last year, but Tiscali simply haven't been asking my bank for the money!

The last letter I received from Tiscali was at the begining of May last year, prior to setting up the DD, and I have had uninterrupted internet access to date.

I'm not an avid statement checker ( if the balance at the bottom of the page is within £20 of where I think it should be I'm happy ) but how the hell can a company not ask for the money for twelve months without even sending a reminder out?

I've contacted Ofcom, who advised me to wait and see what Tiscali come back with, but has anyone got any advice as to how I should deal with this?

Replies

• espressoespresso Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemdsimm wrote: »
    I was looking into swapping over to sky broadband this morning, and had a quick look on the Tiscali site first, as they are my current provider. I went into my billing details, and noticed that the balance outstanding was £522.00.

It took me a little by surprise, but I thought it must be because that is my bill for the coming 12 months,

Why on earth would you expect to pay £522 for 12 months service? i.e. £43.50 per month!

and thought little more about it until I contacted Sky who told me to get a MAC code from Tiscali.

Having got back in touch it turned out that yes, I do indeed owe them £522.00 for the last year!

I checked with my bank who confirmed that I had a 'live' direct debit for my Tiscali account, set up in May of last year, but Tiscali simply haven't been asking my bank for the money!

The last letter I received from Tiscali was at the begining of May last year, prior to setting up the DD, and I have had uninterrupted internet access to date.

I'm not an avid statement checker ( if the balance at the bottom of the page is within £20 of where I think it should be I'm happy )

Obviously you should change your ways!

but how the hell can a company not ask for the money for twelve months without even sending a reminder out?

I've contacted Ofcom, who advised me to wait and see what Tiscali come back with, but has anyone got any advice as to how I should deal with this?

I don't think that Ofcom will be interested in a billing issue like this so pay for what you have used, get your MAC and leave these jokers ASAP.

:eek:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals