Forum Home» Disability Money Matters

Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions - Page 89

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

edited 10 January 2013 at 4:02PM in Disability Money Matters
1.8K replies 187.2K views

Replies

• mazza111mazza111 Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Fridge3 wrote: »
    Hard work and determination have stood me in good stead and yes, I'm doing OK thanks.

Which shows you don't have any disabilities that prevent you from working. If you did then you may take the blinkers off and see it from other people's pov.
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • Fridge3 wrote: »
    Hard work and determination have stood me in good stead and yes, I'm doing OK thanks.

Online astro-turfing isn't hard work, and nor is it work you're any good at.
  • Fridge3 wrote: »

I don't suppose BACKSTABBING is that hard :mad:
  • Atos_Healthcare_representativeAtos_Healthcare_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    221 posts
    damo24 wrote: »
    I understand that you cannot comment on my case specifically but can I first of all point out the contradictions in your reply and note that both of these replies were posted in the same response (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=58995983&postcount=666):

Can you please explain this because unless I am reading your response incorrectly, you are suggesting that when my first ESA50 was submitted, there was enough information in there (and possibly supplied by my GP) to make a decision and award me ESA. The following year when the ESA50 was more or less identical you decided not to contact my GP and instead just call me in for a WCA.

Finally, and I know I might well live to regret asking this question, but if and I must stress the word IF, I agree to securely provide my details, would you be willing to provide the reason why my second (and almost identical) ESA50 was sent for a WCA when the first on was deemed to be enough to award ESA?

Hi damo24.

I’m not sure if there has been a misunderstanding from what I’d written, rather than it being a contradiction. I suggested that a possibility was that we might have received information from your GP the first time, but not the 2nd time, even if we asked both times.

If you contact us directly we can look into your referral to us, although we won’t be able to explain about the award or not of ESA, you would need to contact the DWP to discuss that.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Mordred12 wrote: »
    Someone i know had a Atos Assessment and the Doctor contradicted himself a lot on the report....

The Atos doctor wrote that she Cried during the assessment and that she was nervous, timid and was very quiet when spoken to. The overall summary he wrote was that she was fine in the Interview.

They was other bits what didn't really make sense, When asked "Do you go out to the pub?" She said "No I haven't been for 5 years to a pub" The Atos doctor wrote She often goes out to socialize.

When asked "Do you go shopping?" She said "No my boyfriend does it for me as I have problems going out alone" The doctor wrote Goes out with boyfriend to do shopping. No problems shopping.

How can this be a fair assessment in anybody's eyes, Was it the doctor who simply misunderstood or did he make his own assumptions?

I will just add she failed the Atos Assessment and has just had her appeal, we was around 10 minutes in the appeal and she was awarded Esa, Let me also add that NO NEW EVIDENCE had been introduced at the appeal. The Judge came to the decision based on exactly the same evidence that the Atos doctor had to look at.

Now please tell me how that is a fair assessment?

A quick edit for anyone thinking I am having a go at the Atos doctor, I am not. I believe the computer puts in a stock answer at the end of a sentence in the reports...Eg.. The Atos doctor wrote that she Cried during the assessment and that she was nervous, timid and was very quiet when spoken to. The overall summary he wrote was that she was fine in the Interview. In that the Atos doctor reported the truth right up until the bolded bit, I think the doctor has wrote his observations (which remember was the truth) then the computer gave a stock answer that she was fine, hence 0 points for any of the social descriptors.

I don't believe the Atos doctor lies, I believe it's the computer's stock answers that are weighed to fail a person.

I would report the Doctor to the GMC for misconduct. The Judge found him guilty of that in his/her summery.

I have said if everyone complained about each and every HCP when they win an award, these people will stop doing this part time money earner as it will have an affect on their careers. Someone said in another post "its a waste of time as it is a club". It is not. Any HCP having complaints against themselves end up with a black mark on their career. The more black marks, the more chance a 2nd or 3rd year qualifier wishing to become a Consultant will find their career blighted.

So it gives them a choice. Put in the truth or risk your career!!!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I don't know for the life of me why anyone is asking this Pr person any questions at all, he/she is only answering what they want to answer which is generally available on the net in a truer form. I am also very surprised that the forum is allowing this to continue unless of course they are getting paid for allowing Atos a voice? I'm sure that the integrity of this forum has gone down drastically since allowing these people on here although I'm sure the site rankings have climbed. For me I'm very disappointed at Martin and his crew for allowing this to continue, I normally watch all of the programs with Martin on the TV but I have now seen another side to all this and I have to consider "Is there any value in what Martin says on TV".
  • Question for the very shy Atos PR rep!!

How many "Atos doctors" or "Healthcare professionals" are currently under investigation by the General Medical Council over allegations of improper conduct?
  • JS477 wrote: »
    Question for the very shy Atos PR rep!!

How many "Atos doctors" or "Healthcare professionals" are currently under investigation by the General Medical Council over allegations of improper conduct?

Any chance the Atos rep is actually going to answer this question, I am curious what the answer will be, as my friend says a year ago they was 12 professionals under investigation, so I wonder if this figure as gone up or down.
  • Mordred12 wrote: »
    Any chance the Atos rep is actually going to answer this question, I am curious what the answer will be, as my friend says a year ago they was 12 professionals under investigation, so I wonder if this figure as gone up or down.

It evident that this Atos PR Rep is very very selective in what questions they attempt to answer. Even the answers they give you can easily find out yourself on the Atos website. MSE are colluding with a company who have been condemned by MPs for treating the sick and disabled in an inhumane manner!
  • Brassedoff wrote: »
    I would report the Doctor to the GMC for misconduct. The Judge found him guilty of that in his/her summery.

I have said if everyone complained about each and every HCP when they win an award, these people will stop doing this part time money earner as it will have an affect on their careers. Someone said in another post "its a waste of time as it is a club". It is not. Any HCP having complaints against themselves end up with a black mark on their career. The more black marks, the more chance a 2nd or 3rd year qualifier wishing to become a Consultant will find their career blighted.

So it gives them a choice. Put in the truth or risk your career!!!

Not to confuse things or go into it in detail but we could not report the Atos Doctor to the Gmc.

As I stated we know for sure that he did not lie and we know for sure that the computer failed her not the doctor. We know why she did not get points for behavour problems and it had little to do with the Atos doctor.

Sorry for this being such a strange and vague answer.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support