567 replies 251.8K views
1515253545557»

Replies

• mckinklemckinkle Forumite
    18 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    reg091 said:
    mjm3346 said:
    Over the last 3 tax years plus the 7 months of this one I have received £4,073 (amount paid to me)  effort from me is a max of a couple of hours a week 
    I am astonished that you have made so much with such little effort. I diligently do a good couple of hours a day, seven days a week and can't get close to those numbers. I guess the main difference must be the rejection rate (approx 80% for me). Maybe my profile, age etc screens me out a lot more than yours does.
    You make money on Pinecone which is invite only and I haven't been invited to join :( and Populous. Populous is one of my worst, they send me maybe one survey every two weeks and I usually get screened out of those. My earnings there (£16 in five months) are inflated by £5 for having a tracker app on my phone.
    My money comes from the hundreds of 11p, 13p, 44p etc. surveys I do on Qmee. It's a time-consuming b#ll ache but slowly adds up.
    I'm with you in being stunned about how Populus seem to have scored so well with this forumite.  It's taken me 2 years to reach the £50 threshold to be able to cash it in.  So often you get loads of questions in just to be rejected at what seems to be a long way through the survey which is at least suspicious and definitely frustrating.  The badly wording of them drives me mad as so many times there isnt the option to actually reply that you haven't used the product or service, they seem to be very randomly prepared.

The worst thing is that having reached the threshold and waiting to be paid its taken me 2 months only to be told, after I insisted on being told what bank details they have for me, that they hold fictitious bank details and as such no payment still.  I have contacted them multiple times asking them to look into this only to be repeatedly told that the third pary company that pays out is looking into it and they can't be at fault and that the bank details they have must have been supplied by me.  Having had the samer bank account for decades (yes sorry Martin!) I know the details perfectly and know that I would never have supplied anything other than my bank details as Ionly have one bank account??!!  I'veemailed Populus AGAIN in the hope that they pull their finger out and actually pay me for my hard earned payment.

I am definitely going to be spending my spare time looking into some other sites now based on what I have read here in the forum so I thank you all for your informative feedback.
  • edited 4 November 2020 at 3:44PM
    KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 November 2020 at 3:44PM
    Just got my third payout this year on Populous Live. 
    I guess it comes down to what demographic their clients are looking for. 

I see people that do really well with Yougov, I rejoined them last year and it took 16 months just for one payout... Needless to say I deactivated my account again.

With I Say I've had £60 in Amazon vouchers this year, which I'm happy with.

Four payouts with NewVistaLive so £200, £100 in money and since they swapped to vouchers, £100 which I split between Argos and Amazon. You do have to visit their website often to do the partner surveys to get payouts that frequently. 

NectarCanvass still a good payer for me, too many nectar points to count. You get 2 points (so a penny) for each rejection/screen out. No diary studies for a while though which pay well. I spent £10 of points recently and it didn't take long to earn them back with some diligent effort. 
  • AlexJ88AlexJ88 Forumite
    83 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    KxMx said:
    Just got my third payout this year on Populous Live. 
    I guess it comes down to what demographic their clients are looking for. 

I see people that do really well with Yougov, I rejoined them last year and it took 16 months just for one payout... Needless to say I deactivated my account again.

With I Say I've had £60 in Amazon vouchers this year, which I'm happy with.

Four payouts with NewVistaLive so £200, £100 in money and since they swapped to vouchers, £100 which I split between Argos and Amazon. You do have to visit their website often to do the partner surveys to get payouts that frequently. 

NectarCanvass still a good payer for me, too many nectar points to count. You get 2 points (so a penny) for each rejection/screen out. No diary studies for a while though which pay well. I spent £10 of points recently and it didn't take long to earn them back with some diligent effort. 
    i had i say but no surveys ever showed up and they eventually closed my account due to no activity which wasnt my fault.
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    44.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I see people that do really well with Yougov, I rejoined them last year and it took 16 months just for one payout... Needless to say I deactivated my account again."
    I agree the time vs reward is very poor, I had a couple of payouts but then didn't bother with them much and opted for prize draw entries when I did but dropped them completely when they ditched the scheme
    I only did nectar adpoints where you got paid to watch ads but that stopped some while ago.
    Used to do the Royal Mail/TNS one, handy for lots stamps and L2S vouchers without too much effort until they added small packages to the requirements which would have changed it from a 400 yd stroll to a postbox to a 4 mile trip to a post office. 

• mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    44.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PopulousLive seem to have a range of questions they ask at the beginning of surveys (no never stood for elected position, experts in fields I do not know rarely ask for advice, current account yes etc etc) all info they already hold so I assume they are checking the person is paying attention and is the actual one answering, this is in addition to the attention checkers in surveys like tick a particular answer.
    Got to the wrap up questions on a £1 one a few weeks ago with just postcode and comments to go - just previously been getting info on a different postcode area, accidentally put that and realised it as I hit enter - have to go back and change it? no, next screen said inconsistent info given and all my answers would have to be discarded - least it wasn't a  £4 one 

• allison445allison445 Forumite
    600 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have any experience with Life Points? I've had them recommended to me but can't find much information on MSE. 
    I use them was better before they merged not the best paying I usually make between £20-£40 a month using them my biggest problem is they have a habit like others of underestimating the survey times especially the national buyers survey which they say is 90 minutes which for £14 doesn't seem bad but it is actually in 3 parts and can take 4-5 hours so if you do sign up just avoid it.
    They do have a low cash out amount and a good range of rewards like paypal amazon nectar asda starbacks and a large range of others. They do have some easy web cam surveys were you watch an ad for a few minutes then answer some questions these are the best paying 
  • reg091reg091 Forumite
    146 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    AlexJ88 said:
    reg091 said:
    Excellent, thank you for sharing in such detail. I have a tracker from Populous running on my phone for £5 a month, maybe I will investigate some more as you can't beat getting paid for doing nothing!
    Also do you have a link to the populous tracker? Can't seem to find it
    Is an invitation only for a specific survey they were touting a month ago. The tracker itself is Reality Meter but, as I say, only specific to that survey (although obviously used by many survey companies for different surveys).