567 replies 251.9K views

Replies

• edited 24 June 2020 at 1:13PM
    KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 June 2020 at 1:13PM
    I just redeemed a payout from Yougov, I rejoined February 2019!
    Going to make myself inactive again as it's just not worth it.
    With regular effort I get 4 payouts annually from NewVistaLive and 2-4 a year from Populus Live. Both pay £50 like Yougov.
  • nandrewsnandrews Forumite
    222 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid that's the way it is pretty much across the board. You'd think volunteering your time for them you'd get more respect.
    But it seems they look to get the best information and pay the least they ca get away with.
    Have you tried the 'shopping' apps such a Shop & Scan, Consumer Pulse and Nielsen? 
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think with YouGov I just got too few surveys, took far too long to reach a payout and not worth my time.

I do Nectar Canvass as well, that's a good payer especially for the longer diary studies.

• ChickenAttackChickenAttack Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    Nice guide. Thank you, OP
  • TamGTamG Forumite
    1 posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Many survey sites screen you out if you are older so you get to complete fewer surveys - seems silver surfers opinions are not as valuable as younger participants, despite them likely having time if they're retired.
    Not an issue as long as you're aware that available surveys will decrease as you pass retirement age / retire.
    222 posts
    ✭✭
    I am 67 yo and do declare my real age but I've not been aware that my age is a limit.
    Although I don't know, since I think rejection occurs after you have failed a section of a survey than a specific answer.
    So you maybe answer age, gender, location but have been rejected by age and yet they carry on with the remaining questions! 
  • AlexJ88AlexJ88 Forumite
    83 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    I do surveys now and again, Prolific and Qmee, whats the current best ones? Best amounts and so on.
    222 posts
    ✭✭
    From my POV they are all very much of a muchness. You will note that they all often use the same initial questions, down to even using the same words! So I think they all have the same idea which is that the resource (we who complete their surveys) are very much at their convenience and the least they can pay the better. If you do use Qmee (which is just an aggregator not a survey company) you will experience many surveys which you get dumped from either early on or later, with no regard for the time you have given to that point.
    222 posts
    ✭✭
    You echo my thoughts.
  • edited 3 November 2020 at 2:21PM
    reg091reg091 Forumite
    146 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 3 November 2020 at 2:21PM
    Might be useful to give you my results of using multiple sites after five months. First some info:
    1. I have spent time every single day on surveys (estimate 1-2 hours per day).
    2. I attempt every single survey available to me (except for on Qmee where there are so many I tend to pick out the ones I want).
    3. I estimate that I am screened out/the survey is no longer available of 80% of surveys I click through.
    4. I only do survey sites that pay out in cash. I don't do vouchers.
    Results for five months work:
    PanelBase (£10 payout threshold) £24.50
    Qmee (No pay out threshold) £137.07
    OnePoll (£30 initial payout threshold) £37.70 (But still waiting for money transfer after nearly one month of reaching the £30)
    Populous (£50 payout threshold) £16
    Panel Opinion (£10 payout threshold) £7.76
    Total earnings £223.03 of which I have been able to cash out £187.07
    Conclusions:
    1. The £50 threshold on Populous is ridiculous as they send you very, very few surveys.
    2. I haven't even got to £10 on Panel Opinion in five months! They don't have many surveys. They do seem to have, more than the others, the type of surveys that sign you up for a longer series of surveys for "big" rewards (£20 for example for four 60 minute surveys/zoom interviews). But I always seem to get screened out of those.
    3. Qmee is the winner by a country mile.