New Post Advanced Search

Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

edited 28 January 2013 at 5:23PM in Boost Your Income
546 replies 242.1K views

Replies

• CaitykinssCaitykinss Forumite
    104 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I have started doing surveys recently and most of the sites are good (I really like Prolific) but Branded Surveys seems very tricky.  I get a ridiculous amount of emails from them, get screened out from a lot of the surveys and channelled down their pipe (wastes time) and they pay less than most others.  Has anybody else had similar experiences?
    Give it time and you'll soon discover which sites you prefer, and which just aren't worth it. I flit between Ipsos iSay, YouGov, Swagbucks, Prolific, Onepoll, Lifepoints, and have just started using Qmee. Some I use regularly, and some I just dip in and out of. I've had payouts from all of them though, so I know they're genuine - even if some are better than others. 

• nandrewsnandrews Forumite
    216 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I provided much that is useful. I am being rather a downer, but I think others will agree that the situation is very one sided. Heads they win, tails you lose!
    But I wish you success.
    216 posts
    ✭✭
    I am interested. Do have some examples or recommendations? I'm only aware of 'envelope stuffers' and I believe they get a bad rate and find lots of cheats.
  • AnthonyF81AnthonyF81 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    I have registered to a couple  survey sites since the lockdown like YouGov and ipsos. Although some can be long. I had also done a couple of focus groups prior to the lockdown which were fun but of course going to focus groups unlikely at the moment. However, can look at the following companies as I had got an online focus group last week, £50 for a 1.5 hour Skype video call. 
    Registered at:

Ethnic Opinions 
    &
    Focus Groups UK 

Hope this is useful 
  • wishwillowwishwillow Forumite
    1 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Do you know of the best place to look to find online jobs that I can do in my spare time while on Furlough during the pandemic? 
  • athomegrindathomegrind Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    Surveys are a great way for anyone to make money online. You can do it in your spare time and it doesn't require any skill. One of the highest-paying survey panels I personally know of is populuslive. They pay £1 for completing a 5 minute survey, £2 for 10 minutes, £3 for 15 minutes and so on. Pretty cool, I highly recommend :)
    216 posts
    ✭✭
    I wish you luck but caution in your expectations and maybe read my recent post (scroll up) on this matter.
    It not all a bed of roses, sadly.

• athomegrindathomegrind Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    nandrews said:
    I wish you luck but caution in your expectations and maybe read my recent post (scroll up) on this matter.
    It not all a bed of roses, sadly.

I've been taking surveys for 7 years so I'm well aware of the many downsides. There are good and bad survey panels. The main disadvantages seem to be the number of screen outs, low pay and the lack of survey invitations. It's definitely not something you can make a living from, I think we can both agree on that  :#
    216 posts
    ✭✭
    Yes - I agree there. I do feel there should be regulation, as there is too much advantage taken of those who volunteer their time in good faith.
    It does extend also to street surveys and online competitions.
    I would press for a ruling in our favour to make the panels more responsible for the time they demand and that they pay when we accept a survey, not only when they get all their answers they want.

• davidmaccdavidmacc Forumite
    3 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Very disappointed with Swagbucks (and with MSE for being associated with it) - seems like a total con. I plodded my way through a ton of surveys to get to the point when something would actually pay out and then found that my account had been deactivated. At no point did I speed through surveys or fill in a bunch of junk. Be aware, it takes a long time to get anything out of your activity on Swagbucks, and you might get absolutely nothing to show for it other than a feeling that you've wasted your time.