Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone else had a problem with MySurvey recently? Often I'll click on a new survey, and I'll be redirected to the MySurvey homepage again, but instead of it saying 'English' and having the Union Jack in the top right corner, it says 'Espanol' and the American flag - and normal login details don't work!
    I thought maybe it was just a problem with a couple of surveys, but it's happened a lot now. Frustrating!
  • Guacamole321
    Guacamole321 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I'm getting that problem with MySurvey today, just as you described. The annoying thing is that once you've clicked on a survey and it takes you to that page, it then removes the survey from your list.
  • eldaniel
    eldaniel Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AprilLady wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a problem with MySurvey recently? Often I'll click on a new survey, and I'll be redirected to the MySurvey homepage again, but instead of it saying 'English' and having the Union Jack in the top right corner, it says 'Espanol' and the American flag - and normal login details don't work!
    I thought maybe it was just a problem with a couple of surveys, but it's happened a lot now. Frustrating!

That means survey has expired. Quite common thing with them. Any other decent company would just give you a message that it expired, but not mysurvey. Technically their surveys are just rubbish.
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just got a £5 high street voucher from them today
  • eldaniel
    eldaniel Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tanya2014 wrote: »
    I just got a £5 high street voucher from them today

Nobody said they do not pay. They are just rubbish in comparison with other companies. Think how long you have to work for this £5.
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eldaniel wrote: »
    That means survey has expired. Quite common thing with them. Any other decent company would just give you a message that it expired, but not mysurvey. Technically their surveys are just rubbish.

Ah, thanks! I suppose I'm often quite slow to respond to the surveys because they're so riddled with faults and a lot of the time I just can't be bothered with that!
  • Purpleseren
    Options
    Just wondered whether anyone had downloaded this app and whether it is safe? What sort of data can it access? Can it access sensitive data eg banking details? Offer sounds too good to be true!! Thanks
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I ought to go through the sites one by one but I think I just hit 50 panels this week. I lost count so I need to recount them.

They all have problems. Common ones are if you change your address they still post vouchers to your old address. You need to check again and again. They still get sent to the wrong address. So far I have eventually got them but one is missing. Would be £50 and is a Sainsbury's card so if someone else got it they could spend it. The company is blaming me so they will do nothing. Not on your list. I recommend you tell support as well as change your address.
    If they still send it to your old address weeks after you changed it they must keep your address somewhere else.

Pinecone have changed there payment system. You now get credits. I used to get regular surveys only had two since the beginning of the year. Can't find out how much I need to withdraw.

I have belonged since it opened. They used to send Luncheon Vouchers which were no good to me. I have liked the instant payment into PayPal.

If you have problems with My Survey they often suspend you for silly reasons and just do not tell you. They suspended me for accessing the site from abroad. As I have not been abroad for years and don't have a proxy, what ever that is, that was impossible.

I still like Valued Opinions. I think I like it best because I manage to earn on average £20 a month which I use for Sainsbury's Vouchers. I complained on their social media site about the 50p charge so did many others. They posted it on facebook too so I had to explain it. Tell them what you think they have a very good support centre. The best I have dealt with. My survey is the worse.

My advice is join as many as you can, delete the ones you don't like and enjoy the rest. Be prepared to lose your money with some it goes with the territory. If you are a pensioner like me HMRC do not want to know if all you are getting is vouchers. They may want to know about money if you go over your tax allowance and it could effect benefits.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To Simple living.

I too have problems with GfK. I used to belong their media survey. They sent e-vouchers in an e-mail and they never worked. They just were not coded right. I deleted my account. I think this one is going the same way. I am thinking of deleting my account. You still get the surveys through Toluna and they pay more.
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Pinecone have changed there payment system. You now get credits. I used to get regular surveys only had two since the beginning of the year. Can't find out how much I need to withdraw.

The minimum is 1000 points (£10.00) for vouchers, if you click on 'Redeem My Points' once signed in you can browse the various redemption options.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback