Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I

Pinecone have changed there payment system. You now get credits. I used to get regular surveys only had two since the beginning of the year. Can't find out how much I need to withdraw.

I have belonged since it opened. They used to send Luncheon Vouchers which were no good to me. I have liked the instant payment into PayPal.

You can still get payments into Paypal. Just select it as an option. (I use search in the box that is on the first screen after you log into the rewards site as seems the quickest way) 300 points = £3 Paypal payment. Takes another day or so but it's not really a problem
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Seeker,
    I have taken particular offense to VO's new trick of trying to pull 50p back from my rewards.
    a) they never told me about it when I was earning and I only found out when I next reached a credit allowance limit and tried to withdraw.
    b) I am sure this is not legal. It'd be like your employer suddenly saying you had to work and extra half day free or they wouldn't pay you for that week! Bribery?
    I haven't withdrawn anything since then and keep demanding they send me my earned rewards, without deducting 50p. But at the same time I am still doing their surveys! Maybe I am foolish?
    I haven't seen, until yours, others complaining. But if there are, though I'm not surprised, we should be able to organise and force the site to reconsider.
    What methods have you employed against them?
    Good luck
    Nigel
    P.S. The nuisance is that VO include Sainsburys vouchers in their rewards and those are particularly useful to me!
  • kingslayer
    kingslayer Posts: 602 Forumite
    sorry, guys. I am really sceptical about these online survey sites. Are those linked in the OP, genuine? How much can you earn on average from surveys per day/week?

Do you go straight to filling out surveys and earning money after signing up?
  • nandrews
    Don't be too sceptical.
    They are probably no worse than the average company you have to deal with. There are some good, some mediocre and some bad.
    If you sign up to a few it will initially seem like just hard work, as you fill out your profile for each one and then maybe get some surveys to answer. But most won't pay you for each survey and they just allocate a money amount or points to your account which you can 'wthdraw' as cash or coupons when you have reached a certain level.
    The variations come in how much credit you get for the time you spend and what the lowest 'wthdrawl' limit is.
    I would say I get about £20 a week on average for maybe 5 hours 'work' answering surveys they send me. It doesn't buy much, but it's 'pin money' and I can earn it whilst sitting watching TV.

Nigel
  • kingslayer
    kingslayer Posts: 602 Forumite
    nandrews wrote: »
    Don't be too sceptical.
    They are probably no worse than the average company you have to deal with. There are some good, some mediocre and some bad.
    If you sign up to a few it will initially seem like just hard work, as you fill out your profile for each one and then maybe get some surveys to answer. But most won't pay you for each survey and they just allocate a money amount or points to your account which you can 'wthdraw' as cash or coupons when you have reached a certain level.
    The variations come in how much credit you get for the time you spend and what the lowest 'wthdrawl' limit is.
    I would say I get about £20 a week on average for maybe 5 hours 'work' answering surveys they send me. It doesn't buy much, but it's 'pin money' and I can earn it whilst sitting watching TV.

Nigel

okay, that doesn't sound too bad. I just want some extra money because I'm unemployed at the moment and have been for a while due to health issues. I hate claiming job seekers allowance, so i've just been living on my limited savings at the moment.

I would rather earn a smallish amount working from home than claiming benefits. I'm starting volunteering work this week just to get me back into the swing of things, but it would be nice to earn a little extra income from other ventures.

Which sites do you use? do you earn that £20+ per week by using multiple sites or just the one site?
  • nandrews
    Firstly I would say claim everything you are entitled to! If you've been employed, then you've paid NI and tax into the system and are entitled to draw on it when you are disadvantaged. You won't get more, or equal by just doing surveys!
    I get the £20 average by working with a number of survey sites.
    The survey sites that I use which seem to benefit me most are:-
    Valued Opinions (even tho' I object to them now taking back 50p when I withdraw!)
    MySurvey
    OnePoll
    Toluna (they pay OK but can be tricky)
    GlobalTestMarket
    Consumer Pulse (not a survey site but you can earn by recording purchases in clothes, DVD's and even streaming movies)
    Nielsen Factfinders (another 'purchase' site, but you scan shopping you get, usually from supermarkets with a supplied electronic barcode reader)
    Shop&Scan (similar to Nielsen Factfinders)
    IPSOS
    Vanson Bourne
    But don't let me mislead you into thinking you will be getting £20 every week and maybe not for a few weeks after you start. But if you persevere and respond to the invites you get, then you should see some reward for your effort in not too long.
    Good luck
    Nigel
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JennaAnn[/B you aren't allowed to put referral links in these pages.

There is a referral thread on MSE when you can post your referrals.
  • JennaAnn
    JennaAnn Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Oh dear. So sorry. Thais for the heads up :-)
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just wondered whether anyone had downloaded this app and whether it is safe? What sort of data can it access? Can it access sensitive data eg banking details? Offer sounds too good to be true!! Thanks

doesn't look like it accesses bank data but sounds like the app drains your battery. read the reviews here, some are recent!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apadmi.analyzeme.android
  • nandrews
    "Valued Opinions"
    For those interested I have contacted the [FONT=&quot]Market Research Society ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.mrs.org.uk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) who have VO as a member. I have emailed them with the details hoping that they can intervene and make the company toe the line. They have advised me that the matter is being progressed formally through their complaints procedure and they expect a response from VO by 2nd July.
    This is in regard to VO's intent to 'steal' 5% back from the rewards earned with them for completing surveys.

Nigel
    [/FONT]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport