I want to remove spray fake tan in a hurry

Options
Went to superdrug bought Viatek spray gun fake tan It was £6.99 when I got to the till but I mentioned it was on the reduced shelf and was 99p so she adjusted it accordingly.I got an empty Mr Muscle cleaned out bottle and sprayed it on last night and now I look like I have leprocy,like bathed in gravy.I even need to hide my hands.Thought I was being clever :rotfl: Its gone right in to the pigment of my skin.Help how do I get it off.It stays on for 7 - 10, days.Need to remove quick.Soap doesnt work.Thanks.

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TRied scrubbing with a damp towel? If you could venture out,i think san tropez do a fake tan remover.
  • PurpleDuck
    PurpleDuck Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    loads of body scrub all over the bad areas followed by rubbing with a cut lemon is supposed to work. then no doubt pain killers and a vat of moisturiser :D
  • Anya
    Anya Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure I saw on a morning tv show once, something to do with rubbing toothpaste into it. Maybe not a good idea if you have just scrubbed hard though!
    Accepted offer on our house - Sept 2006
    Offer accepted on house we wanted - October 2006
    Survey completed - November 2006
    Searches completed - January 2007
    Vendor pulls out January 2007 - Aaaagghhh :mad:
    Offer accepted on next house - January 2007
    Survey completed - February 2007
    Searches sent - Febraury 2007
    Exchanged and Completed March 16th 2007!
    Phew!
    Decorating started 5/4/07
    Bathroom ripped out 18/3/07!

Baby due 23/4/07!
  • maxfactor_3
    Options
    Will try everything exfoliator scrub,lemon, toothpaste, if not will try to get the san tropez fake tan remover.You,ve been great ! Thanks for all your help got to go out. Wish me luck
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I am p!ssing myself laughing here (and i hope you will too in time to come). It is so funny reading real life problems/hiccups like this.

No advice to give, but please, please, please post some pictures!! (i'd love to see what fake tan looks like after been applied with an empty Mr Muscle spray bottle!)
  • hollydays
    Options
    :eek: Actually-thats just given me an idea-oven cleaner-no maybe not!!
  • flufff
    flufff Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    youve actually dyed your top layers of skin so exfoliation really is only way.Shower and scrub.Should go in a few days.
    Sorry!
  • maxfactor_3
    maxfactor_3 Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    Have been in the bath tried everything suggested used this gorgeos spa crystal salt scrub from Boots.Had oil in it too.Really sore now !.Tried toothpaste,lemon really scrubbed wont come off.everyone lookin at me couldnt afford anything by san tropez.Just have to keep scrubbing I think.ouch even tried nail polish remover.Hey had an idea what about turps.
  • hollydays
    Options
    Just to add to the chemical mix,have also heard facial toner and baking soda mentioned.ouch.i hope you dont have sensative skin-well not before anyway.
  • maxfactor_3
    maxfactor_3 Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    cheers sounds a good idea,;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business