SF's road to mortgage freedom!

Options

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    turns out we have a shared love for Negel Slater :D

*sigh* *dreamy look on Rising's face*

Honestly, I could watch that man cook all day - he just makes it look soooo easy - and he makes such fantastic stuff from (mostly) everyday ingredients that most people will have :D
    And I'm intrigued by your peanut butter on porridge idea. I love all the component parts, but can't quite imagine them together. Will have to be brave and experiment

Ohhh me too - I actually bought some peanut butter the other week so I can try this but still not supposed to be having oats so haven't tried it yet .... maybe 1 day next week!:)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Just heard from one of my best friends - her bf has left her today, completely out of the blue. they had built a life together, miles away from all of her family and friends, and now she has no idea what to do, can't afford to stay where they are, etc., she's heartbroken :(

Feeling a bit helpless as we live at the other end of the country from her, but it's still sad :( blah to other people.

Bah indeed - poor girl :( - does she have anywhere she can move back to (M&Ds etc) until she gets sorted?
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    enjoying your blog SF, will add you to my favourites so I can [STRIKE]spy on you [/STRIKE]keep up with your news more easily
    turns out we have a shared love for Negel Slater :D

And I'm intrigued by your peanut butter on porridge idea. I love all the component parts, but can't quite imagine them together. Will have to be brave and experiment
    Oh my goodness, please, please try it! It's just so good.
    *sigh* *dreamy look on Rising's face*

Honestly, I could watch that man cook all day - he just makes it look soooo easy - and he makes such fantastic stuff from (mostly) everyday ingredients that most people will have :D

Ohhh me too - I actually bought some peanut butter the other week so I can try this but still not supposed to be having oats so haven't tried it yet .... maybe 1 day next week!:)
    Me too - love him :o and yes, try it!!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Bah indeed - poor girl :( - does she have anywhere she can move back to (M&Ds etc) until she gets sorted?
    She thinks that's what she's going to have to do - but that means quitting her job and moving miles away from the life she's built :( it's a rubbish, rubbish situation. Blah.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    She thinks that's what she's going to have to do - but that means quitting her job and moving miles away from the life she's built :( it's a rubbish, rubbish situation. Blah.

:( what about where she is?

Have they been there long enough for her to have made enough friends to want to stay there?

Horrible situation .....
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    I don't think so :( makes me so grateful for DH, even though I'm not going to tell him that ;)

Getting nervous about tomorrow... think I'm going to make a hot chocolate and just have a laze around :)
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    I don't think so :( makes me so grateful for DH, even though I'm not going to tell him that ;)

Getting nervous about tomorrow... think I'm going to make a hot chocolate and just have a laze around :)

:) Awwwww - hot choc sounds good!:D
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    I've made it with marshmallows and squirty cream - it's lovely :D
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    I've made it with marshmallows and squirty cream - it's lovely :D

Ohhhh you're way out my league - I'm lucky if mine gets made with milk & not water :rotfl: (tho' I will admit that milk always wins .... as long as I've still got enough for my morning coffee - as I absolutely 100% cannot do without that!:o)

I really fancy one now ...... no marshmallows or squirty cream in the house but could manage just with the HC
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    It's lovely :D make one! I make mine with half water/half milk :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport