SF's road to mortgage freedom!

Options

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    Congratulations on your journey so far- great to see another former DFW here.
    Your first op must feel great! Well done!
    Thank you! And it does, although there's a loooong way to go :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know the feeling. we're long haulers too so we'll be around to keep you company!
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :j for your first OP :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning SF - Well Done on your OP. Will be following with interest.
    Have a great day x
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    :j for your first OP :grin:
    :D
    Aamberle wrote: »
    Morning SF - Well Done on your OP. Will be following with interest.
    Have a great day x
    Thanks - you too!

So, I'm going out today, just to go out really ;) and I need to get some front door keys cut, so if I can find somewhere that does them, I'll be doing that today. If I do end up spending, I'll get some other bits and pieces at the same time :)

There hasn't been any interest added onto the mortgage yet, wonder when that will be.....?
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    I went for a walk earlier but it's been a really miserable day today and I couldn't be bothered with going into town, so another NSD for me :) I do have to spend tomorrow though, and get the keys cut!

I've got Hungarian goulash bubbling away in the SC and it smells lovely :drool: will be having that with some rice in about an hour, followed by some christmas cake and cheese :D just eating leftovers, and not thinking about the diet :o well, it wouldn't be MSE to throw things out now would it?

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.....! ;)
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.....! ;)

Mine too!:)

I've just done my 1st ever "proper" meal plan :) dinners only but will need to work on lunches next

I have a load of eggs that need using up so there will be a load of "eggy" lunches in the next couple of days :rotfl: (I've just scrambled a whole box of OOD ones for Maisie:o - still better than wasting them!)

Re the keys .... have you changed your locks?
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options

There hasn't been any interest added onto the mortgage yet, wonder when that will be.....?

Ours usually goes on the day after the main payment comes out. Overpayments take forever to show annoyingly!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You know I find this just amazing SF & Gemmzie that you are both overpaying already.
    30 years ago when I had my first mortgage I had never heard of such a thing.
    When I had to buy out my eh I had to start again.
    Now I can barely afford to pay the mortgage far less overpay :rotfl:

Well done to you both :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    You know I find this just amazing SF & Gemmzie that you are both overpaying already.
    30 years ago when I had my first mortgage I had never heard of such a thing.
    When I had to buy out my eh I had to start again.
    Now I can barely afford to pay the mortgage far less overpay :rotfl:

Well done to you both :j :j

I wish we were overpaying for positive reasons to have a forever house though, this is merely overpaying so we can get another mortgage as unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever sell this place but it'll always rent!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport