No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January 2013

Options

Comments

• Spending_Vs_Saving
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps keep this thread going. I will be in for another year or 3 !

Rosemary - Big hugs hopefully 2013 will be a year of positive changes for you. Keep smiling it makes them wonder what good stuff they are missing out on :p.
    Consolidated and under control 42 payments to go.
    :cool::(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(
    [STRIKE]£7028.50[/STRIKE]£5990.43
    Aim: 35 and Debtfree
  • sharalee99
    Options
    Right, I am going to join in too if you don't mind :D. I have heaps of stuff to use.
    Off to amend my sig now
  • hellokittygal
    Options
    I need to join. Will make a list of all I have later!
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a quick post to say I'm still here although I missed probably most of November and all of December. I will try and post my list in the next few days. Pleased to say the list is diminishing although you wouldn't think to look at it :o
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • kiplingmonkey
    Options
    Welcome all Newbies :wave: - enjoy being part of the thread.

I have started 2013 as I mean to go on - £5 in my SPC for resisting the TSV on the Q. It is tempting as I love the volumising lip treatment but I have other lip lotions and potions to UU in my stash. I am just not going to watch - I have tasks like defrosting the freezer and taking down the christmas decs to divert me...

I am aiming to UU an average of 17 items a month this year - this should be manageable as I have checked my spreadsheet for the last 3 years and the average was just over 17 items a month (17.89 to be precise). I also want to end every month on a minus. I know I won't manage no INs due to my Amarya box plus other things that tempt me along the way but at least if I can end every month on a minus then the stash will be reducing slowly but surely.
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    need to sign up again this year. actually have a uu and some nearly done. uu-urban decay nail polish in a light pink- wba i love this colour
    cut open- dove citrus body wash and a shampoo.

targets for the year are-no buy perfumes until i have under 10 (19 alltogehter)
    nailpolishes-under 10
    bodylotion/body butter -5 of each (over 20?)
    shower gel-5 (more than 20?)
    blush-less than 15 (over 20)
    foundation-none left(3?)
    lipstuff-under 10(i have more thn 15 mac lipsticks alone.... more than 40? in stash)
    dont know about eyeshadows etc but i do have loads of palettes oh and about 40 eyeliners :P
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • laura16_2
    laura16_2 Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to join this month, I'm not sure exactly how much I've got but I am sure that I don't need to buy anything at all in January apart from maybe a top coat nail polish but that's for work as I do nails so that has to be allowed, I may get away with not even buying that though
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • trudij
    trudij Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fiasco55 wrote: »
    Thanks for starting us off Rudy_Eskimo. I am in for all of 2013!

:eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Apologies Fiasco - but that did make me chuckle - do you know something that we dont?? ;)

Welcome newbies, happy new year everyone - hopefully we will all be :A for at least a week (fat chance!!:p)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
  • emslovesmickey
    Options
    First of the year and i have a UU already! Only face wipes but it's still given me a step in the right direction.
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    trudij wrote: »
    :eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Apologies Fiasco - but that did make me chuckle - do you know something that we dont?? ;)

Welcome newbies, happy new year everyone - hopefully we will all be :A for at least a week (fat chance!!:p)

Trudij- my comments were just at the woeful UU rate I have been averaging the last couple of months and nothing whatsoever to do with a huge blowout at the sales :whistle: I must fortify myself for the start of B**ts 75% sale starting soon :A

I did get a late prezzie from best friend - Womanity gift set with body lotion. Smells lovely. Never had a bottle of that before but sniffed it on others and did like it.

Also one very small IN from M&S sale. NP jewel down to £2 which I plan to put on the toenails later tonight.

Hope everyone is having a lovely start to 2013 :).
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business