Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 December 2012 at 10:54AM
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    So how much are you talking about in cash terms?

I don't know how much, there is no documentation that states this.

I'm sorry if I caused upset with my ides and thoughts previously, but I think that was all settled at the time, believe it or not I have still helped a lot of people on here - "it's funny how people only see the bad side"
    :cool:

Here is what the alleged agreement states;

"Please take this letter as confirmation as closure of your prior complaint regarding the XXX XXX that you purchased from us, REG XXXX, . As a result we have discounted your partners vehicle, XXXX XXX REG XXXX, also given you
    [STRIKE]1 [/STRIKE] 2 years Service Plan free of charge.

Please accept this in full and final settlement to resolve the issue. Could you please sign below to accept the conditional settlement.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Any ideas what this holds, likewise I can't understand if servicing is included on both vehicles or just one, and or what the conditions of the settlement are as they are not stated.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    assj wrote: »

I'm sorry if I caused upset with my ides and thoughts previously, but I think that was all settled at the time :cool:

What is with the size 3 Century Gothic Font?
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well my complaint is this (I have been very stupid too)

When I noticed that a vehicle I took out HP for was sold with electric mirrors, but did not have them.

I complained to the retailer (Arnold Clark), when they offered me compensation, I took it. It was offered as discount off another car.

The issue I now have is, that I was never given a discount, the car price was inflated and then discounted. But worse! the car I purchased (the order form) just shows it's correct price, no discount applied.

So in theory there was never a discount and never any compensation. WHY WAS I SO STUPID.

I have signed a form to say I accept the compensation given, but it doesn't say what the compensation is and it also says in full and final settlement of your claim, it doesn't say which claim or which conditions it refers to. It's also crossed out and initialed as amendments have been made before giving me a copy.

I have been stupid, I know now, but I didn't know then.

:cool: Not sure what to do. I'm now keen to get back what I'm owed, but at the time I didn't know what day of the week it was! :(

you took the offer, you accepted the offer, they might have pulled the wool over your eyes to an extent, but ain't karma a biatch ;)
  • Sorry I find the font easy to read. (I'm always being told to check what I write)

Whilst your comments about Karma are fair, I just need some advice, likewise I do continue to help others (if you look at my other thread responses!)

I was adding to my above post, so please have a look at that :)
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I'm sorry if I caused upset with my ides and thoughts previously, but I think that was all settled at the time, believe it or not I have still helped a lot of people on here - "it's funny how people only see the bad side"
    :cool:

Here is what the alleged agreement states;

"Please take this letter as confirmation as closure of your prior complaint regarding the XXX XXX that you purchased from us, REG XXXX, . As a result we have discounted your partners vehicle, XXXX XXX REG XXXX, also given you
    [STRIKE]1 [/STRIKE] 2 years Service Plan free of charge.

Please accept this in full and final settlement to resolve the issue. Could you please sign below to accept the conditional settlement.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Any ideas what this holds, likewise I can't understand if servicing is included on both vehicles or just one, and or what the conditions of the settlement are as they are not stated.

So to clarify the 'they charged me the list price comment' you ACTUALLY got a discount off a second car AND got a service plan in addition - therefore this would be in excess of a standard purchase arrangement, therefore you did benefit from an additional feature versus a standard customer.

You really need to be upfront in the first post you make and also need to stop clutching at straws...
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    If there was a case, cannot see it being anything to do with FOS though. Possibly local trading standards.
    In truth I doubt if there is a valid complaint.
  • The problem that I now have is;

The vehicle that I took out on HP does not match what I have.

So if I send it back after 50% has been paid, what will the finance Company say when there are no electric mirrors?

That's my concern :-/
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    The problem that I now have is;

The vehicle that I took out on HP does not match what I have.

So if I send it back after 50% has been paid, what will the finance Company say when there are no electric mirrors?

That's my concern :-/
    The vast majority would not even notice whether had electric mirrors or not. It is unlikely to be an issue.
  • I'm happy to know that then. I thought they looked at every detail from some posts that I have read. Thanks
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    You accepted and signed a full and final settlement, seems pretty final to me.

What is the new evidence that has come to light?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure