Can I make a FOS complaint...

Options
Hey All!

So I have a reason to complain about Arnold Clark. They are covered by the FOS scheme and so I can complain to the FOS about them.

But the problem is I complained to Arnold Clark one year ago and didn't refer the complaint within the 6 months allowed.

Now I have thought more, have new evidence and wish to do this now.

Can I simply complain to Arnold Clark again? A fresh complaint? :cool:

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What's the complaint and have you already complained about it?
  • Well my complaint is this (I have been very stupid too)

When I noticed that a vehicle I took out HP for was sold with electric mirrors, but did not have them.

I complained to the retailer (Arnold Clark), when they offered me compensation, I took it. It was offered as discount off another car.

The issue I now have is, that I was never given a discount, the car price was inflated and then discounted. But worse! the car I purchased (the order form) just shows it's correct price, no discount applied.

So in theory there was never a discount and never any compensation. WHY WAS I SO STUPID.

I have signed a form to say I accept the compensation given, but it doesn't say what the compensation is and it also says in full and final settlement of your claim, it doesn't say which claim or which conditions it refers to. It's also crossed out and initialed as amendments have been made before giving me a copy.

I have been stupid, I know now, but I didn't know then.

:cool: Not sure what to do. I'm now keen to get back what I'm owed, but at the time I didn't know what day of the week it was! :(
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    I've got to agree with you. Looking at your previous posts and your sig. you are indeed not very sensible.
  • Slowhand wrote: »
    I've got to agree with you. Looking at your previous posts and your sig. you are indeed not very sensible.

Unnecessary! Hence my question! I hope people remember your useful post :D

The MoneySavingExpert.com forum is a place to share info and tips with others, discuss MoneySaving and pick up ways to save. We hope you'll enjoy it, but ask you to remember it's a broad church with many different types of people. Follow these basic rules to make it a good place to be.
    • Please be nice to all MoneySavers : There's no such thing as a stupid question and, even if you disagree, courtesy helps.
    • Please be sensitive : This may be a web forum, but you're still talking to other human beings. Repeatedly or harshly saying someone's wrong, especially on boards like DebtFreeWannabe, Bankruptcy or Benefits, can lead to upset.

We're proud that many people whose financial problems exacerbate mental health issues seek help in the forum, but this means you may be berating someone who's clinically depressed. Please think twice before posting judgmental comments.
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    So how much are you talking about in cash terms?
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    assj wrote: »
    Unnecessary! Hence my question! I hope people remember your useful post :D

The MoneySavingExpert.com forum is a place to share info and tips with others, discuss MoneySaving and pick up ways to save. We hope you'll enjoy it, but ask you to remember it's a broad church with many different types of people. Follow these basic rules to make it a good place to be.

• Please be nice to all MoneySavers : There's no such thing as a stupid question and, even if you disagree, courtesy helps.
    • Please be sensitive : This may be a web forum, but you're still talking to other human beings. Repeatedly or harshly saying someone's wrong, especially on boards like DebtFreeWannabe, Bankruptcy or Benefits, can lead to upset.

We're proud that many people whose financial problems exacerbate mental health issues seek help in the forum, but this means you may be berating someone who's clinically depressed. Please think twice before posting judgmental comments.

Hey I was just agreeing with you...but the whole burger van thing in a private drive near a school...boy do you need help!:rotfl:
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    assj wrote: »
    By the way I'm not a troll! I have been here a while, and post in relation to a number of issues. Trolls tend to be "newbies".

What I write is truth, but if you are not interested or don't believe me that's completely fine. I haven't gone into detail about what I have and have not done - so please don't judge me.

What I do is not the same, but I was making the point that I take every opportunity.

Like when I saw out of date goods on the shelf in Sainsburys, I purchased them and took them right back to complaint - collecting my goodwill gift voucher.

When my Amazon box arrived damaged, I complained so much my whole £149.99 purchase was refunded. (Goods retained)

When my online photo delivery was delayed, I complained for a full refund.

Meaning I saved a fortune on my Christmas spend! :T

I'm not here to brag about my success recently, but I know I will succeed in clearing by debt because I am now wise with my actions and money.

There is no need and never a need to be rude.

Anyway Merry Christmas!

The word "karma" springs to mind?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 December 2012 at 12:50AM
    Options
    You really need to move on with your life.

You agreed, indeed signed in settlement.

Get over it, do some voluntary work or something to take your mind off that you might have been done out of a fiver.

I went to a funeral of a very dear friend on Christmas Eve, 35 year old. Left 3 kids,
    and you think youve got problems.

Count your blessings
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • merlot123
    Options
    McKneff, your post has moved me to tears, hugs to you. xxxx
  • Guardsman
    Options
    So if somebody has a consumer issue should we just tell them to count their blessings.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure