PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Verityemilia
    Options
    Morning ...

Popped to local shop and spent £4.45

Should be ok for the week as have lots to use up in the cupboards and freezer

Hopefully stay in budget this week - whoop whoop

:T
    Seal pot challenge no 7- :) # 331 Saved £140 SPC - Target £30
    Grocery challenge - £100 a week
    Weekly Spend Challenge - £40 :)
  • Sazdaz
    Sazdaz Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    well faltered a little and went £3 over my budget yesterday, as I couldnt get my car out and needed a few bits so walked to town and paid a bit more for what I needed then my normal shopping about. However only a week to go, and plenty in the house now so I think I should be able to last out.

On a good note I normall spend at least £50 a month on food so at £23 its a massive saving so far. Hoping to do the the same next month which would mean I would have saved a whole months food money.

Need to get back on the DFW wagon today.
    APR NSD - 0/10
    Paid off in 2013 so far £125.00
    April Money made - £18.00
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Not far off target to survive for the month on a £200 budget.

Have spent £161/£200. Got to just manage next week, the last week in January on a £39 shop :o.

Should be possible because I had to buy dog food & dishwasher tablets this week. So less to buy next week hopefully.

Hope you are all doing well
  • ButterflyBee
    Options
    Having a weekend parked up due to snow has been a very expensive experience indeed. I thought I was stocked up enough but oh my how wrong was I. :(

Did two small shopping trips to the local Co-op which I still need to include to this weeks spend of £6.80 as well as update the small bags of over priced "stuff" as soon as I can find the receipts. :(
    Return and Restart August 2016
    22 Months to be debt free Aug2016 £12971.00:p:o:p By Jun2018
    PAYDBX2016 #155 = £2268.93/£3414.93 00% paid
    UK Debt #00 = £9857.23/£13039 6% paid
    EmSavFund #204 = £85.00/£1000 6% paid
    Mortgage #00 = £183084/£183093 00% paid
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Morning all hope you are nice and warm today! Nearly has an NSD yesterday but chocolate was calling - spent £1.59, I think - didn't get a receipt as it was the corner shop, guesstimating 59p for a small bag of revels?

Have gone over my challenge budget, it was my first month but am going to stick to the same numbers next month, need to find some more frugal meals I think and try to make my own bread more often!

Have to go out to Drs this afternoon, boo. Will have to do a shop taking me further over budget and maybe one on Weds, last day of my month. Have already booked my meatbox for day one of my February challenge lol
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • m155piggy
    Options
    Oh the lengths we go to for an NSD! We live at the top of a hill, at the bottom of a hill and this morning no-one was going anywhere!!!
    Kids all off school and fighting so I decided to make some cookies - I'm not usually a bad cook but these are really wierd and crumble to dust when you try to pick them up!!! I guess the hoover will be out later to try and salvage the carpet after they have been eaten!!
    May GC 433.32/ 350 :eek: Apr GC 263.43 /300
    Mar GC 346.43 /350 Feb GC 248.01/300
    Jan GC 249.47/400
  • xxlouisexx56
    Options
    £8 this morning on more not needed stuff.
    Pepsi max for me, lunch box biscuits and pancake mix in Iceland.
    Homous chocolate and croissants in sainsburys

Meals for next few days:
    Mon - pizzas
    Tues - pork steaks, jackets potatoes, cabbage lettuce cue umber and carrots
    Weds - pasta bake for kids, enchiladas for adults
    Thurs - chicken, boiled potatoes and whatever salad / veg is in the fridge
    Fri - freezer surprise! Lasagne/cottage pie most likely
    Sat - either out with inlaws for dinner or dinner there.
    Sun - out for DP's birthday.

I have more in to make meals than I thought I did. Will need to go, possible weds for milk / fruit / bread
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    decided that we wouldnt bother driving to the supermarket at the weekend. we walked to the local fruit & veg stall carryed that back then nipped in sains local for essentials
    Spent £27.43 instead of the usual £80!!!
    meal plan will be made from what is in the house.
    might have to nip Sains again at some point but will only be milk and ryvita
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Previous total... £113.39

Did a top up shop at Mr T for Fruit, bread, milk, cheese and ham etc. Ended up spending £19.61 because I treated myself to a bottle of wine...

Spend so far for the month is £133.00
    Left to spend: £17.00

My dad has been here a lot due to the shifts I have been working, so have been feeding an extra adult, but bulking out meals and cooking in advance has helped a lot so Im still on track! That said, I did make enough mince for four and the two of them ate the lot! :eek: Id thought there would be leftovers at least for me to take to work, if not another portion for the freezer! :rotfl:

Ive still got plenty of meat in the freezer and staples in the cupboard, so another Super 6 shop along with fruit, milk and bread before the end of the month should be all I need!

Fingers crossed anyway ;)
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • Mamjak
    Mamjak Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    cattysmum wrote: »
    Evening all just dropped in to update siggy and let you all know how um getting on. I have spent just £133 forthis month and have 67 quid left in my purse for the rest of the monthand am quite pleased with myself. Iv been to Ts today and got a tin of shortbread reduced to £2 from £6 who on earth would pay the full price ? Iv started practising my crochet and have mastered the single the one and half and the double crochet stitch and am looking forward to starting a few small projects.

Well done on the crochet but it looks as though you are learning the American stitch names as English doesn't have a single crochet so be careful when doing patterns that you know the right terminology. You can find the differences by googling it.
    Come and join us on the crochet forum http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1402877
    You'll find lots of help and advice and inspiration there.
    Home Schooling mum budgeting for 2 adults, 2 teens, 2 little ones & 3 cats
    Want to be debt free - one day! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family