Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Options

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    OF - you should do the 30 day shred. The exercise sessions are only 20 mins and there are 3 levels. 10 days of each. When I started it before I def noticed a difference quite soon so I wonder had I carried it on how well I would have done. For me it's all about the time, 20 mins a day is easy to fit in. Then anything extra like swim, dog walks etc is a bonus on top! It's cheap too, I picked mine up for £5 :D

Day one of no chocolate or diet coke went well - I had none. I did crave it massively and ate a ridiculous amount of food but at least that's one day without it.

Day two today - lets see how I go. It'll be testing as i'm in london office today so all that travelling on trains/tubes etc etc there will be temptation all the way. I shall just have to grab water. Wish me luck!

Nothing else to report for me. A busy day but once finished i'm not back until next Thursday so a whole 6 days to myself, my dvd and going cold turkey on the addictions :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have a good day x
  • amyc92
    amyc92 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with the no choc! I could never manage that over easter!!!!
    xxx
    Car- £6990.50
    Overdraft- £400
    Holiday:
    08/06/15Flight- £201
    03/08/15Remaining-£260
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Ok, yesterday was a write off as it was chaos in London. Office was fine, travelling ridiculous!

Plus side, second day with NO diet coke or chocolate. Get in!! :j

Today has started with a 4 mile run in sunshine - very nice indeed. We're off out for 6 mile route walk with the pooch in a mo and then I WILL WILL WILL do my dvd as want to get started on that. Was meant to do it yesterday but just didn't think 9pm at night was a good option :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great bank hol Fri :-) xxx
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    My goodness, where is this weekend going? Thank goodness I have taken tues and weds off of work too :D

All good on the no diet coke front. I simply haven't had any. Can't say the same for chocolate however, I haven't brought any. The only choc i've eaten is that either given to me or in form of a pudding.

Money wise, not spent loads so again very positive. Only 2 weeks until payday so everything heading in the right direction.

Today is a sorting/clearing day.....after some easter egg ;)
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the exercise Choc.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend though it went fast.

I hope your last day off tomorrow is a good one x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• amyc92
    amyc92 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you sounds like you are doing very well!!!
    x
    Car- £6990.50
    Overdraft- £400
    Holiday:
    08/06/15Flight- £201
    03/08/15Remaining-£260
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Hello!

Hope everyone is well.

Well my week (almost) off work flew by. I didn't get half of what I wanted to do done but still had a lovely time so I guess I can't complain.

We took pooch to be spayed Tuesday. Both Tues/Wed were taken up with looking after her. I practically couldn't move as everytime I did she wanted to follow me and the idea is to keep her as still as possible. Try explaining that to a springer spaniel with energy levels out of this world!!!

So today sees me back at work and it has finally dawned on me that a little "routine" in my life is needed. I hate the word and everything that goes with it. Prob something that has followed me from my childhood but......I think the time has come to have some set working hours, exercise plan etc etc. Even food shopping could become routine if I bother to get online and set it up. I work from home 99% of the time so there is no reason not too. Perhaps it may even make me more effective as a human being all round :rotfl:

Anyway, this is my main thoughts today that I am pondering on whilst working....

Back later with more updates!

Choc xxx
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Loving that it's Friday! Loving even more that I have overtime available to me both Sat and Sun - yay :j Means May payday will have something extra.

Now, this weekend I need to decide on the following;
    1. Set some working hours and stick to them.
    2. Set a workout routine (viable one!) and stick to it.
    3. Set a weekly cash budget for random spends i.e. pub with girls, mags etc.
    4. Set a target (realistic) for debt free date and work towards this.
    I think that's enough to be thinking about. I want some structure and routine. I feel like I chop and change so much, usually to suit others and end up neglecting what's important i.e. myself and my husband. It needs to stop and something needs to change.

Onwards and upwards from her on......

choc xxx
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Ok, touching on new ground in the choc household......we are doing a carboot sale!!! Spent all weekend de-cluttering more junk from loft, spare room etc and we have over a car load of stuff. Normally we just take it all to charity but this time around hubby said NO.... so we are doing a car boot and possibly even ebay :eek: All new territory for us so who knows what'll happen, we'll probably end up paying someone to take it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway so that's something positive to come out of this crazy weekend.

As for my other things I wanted to do, well still not had time to sit and think so I will just get on with it and what will be will be until i'm decided. Not great at decision making.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. One more week until payday and hopefully some good savings towards the debts can be had!

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Is it really Monday already??? :(

Ok, had a bit of a think and in answer to my questions below (so far!).....

Now, this weekend I need to decide on the following;
    1. Set some working hours and stick to them. (decided I won't start work at home before 8am, normally go for 7:15-7:30 and it's silly as i'm at home all day so that's a start. I need to work 8hr days minimum so something like 8-4:30 with half hour lunch deducted)
    2. Set a workout routine (viable one!) and stick to it. (I'm going to aim for 4 sessions a week, aiming for daily will just set me up for a fall as not viable but 4 sessions a week are, starting today!)
    3. Set a weekly cash budget for random spends i.e. pub with girls, mags etc. (I'm setting this at £15 per week)
    4. Set a target (realistic) for debt free date and work towards this.(Realistically i'm setting it as a year from my next payday so 15.04.14......I'm hoping for before but a in a year I really can be debt free 100% without killing myself in the process, although sooner would be better obv!)

So there you have it......I feel better knowing i've set some rules so to speak :)

This weekend I managed to do 3 hours overtime so that's already extra pay towards my May payday. April payday already has overtime in so i'm heading and taking steps in the right direction!

Really weird but woke up feeling very declutted in the mind. I think yesterdays mammoth (and I mean mammoth!) sort out had helped. We're still going to go through each room again and the loft to see if there is anything else worth taking to carboot on sunday but it's nice knowing that it's leaving the house. Whether that be sold, charity or tip....it's going! We have about 2 full car loads of stuff. Goodness knows where we put it all :rotfl:

Our work systems are down so it's giving me time to update my diary. Feeling super positive! A week until payday and i'm hoping to be able to put aside £400 on top of normal payments towards the debts. June payday should see me being able to clear the next two smallest which in turn will see me £200 per month better off as pay £100 to each on normal minimum payments.....can't wait! Happy days! :D

Choc xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport