Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Options

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Sisters bday present sorted (vouchers) en route in post - online order.

Will take Dad out and buy him something clothes wise at the weekend.

All pending bdays are sorted! Yay! :j:j:j

No more until mid/late april and they can wait until next payday. Although may sort cards this month as about 7 bdays in a row :eek:
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello my lovely!

I am back! Will post on my diary later.

Just going to update my payments :D

April is my worst month for birthdays at a staggering £80.

This includes Dad, FIL, SIL, 2 cousins and a friend son!! :eek:

I hope you are well.
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• amyc92
    amyc92 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Just read your diary :) Think I need to buy the 30 day shred!! Are you still doing it ?
    xx
    Car- £6990.50
    Overdraft- £400
    Holiday:
    08/06/15Flight- £201
    03/08/15Remaining-£260
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    amyc92 wrote: »
    Just read your diary :) Think I need to buy the 30 day shred!! Are you still doing it ?
    xx

Hey Amy,

Erm, no :o:o:o But your post has inspired me to dust it off and get back on it. I will start from scratch and I think perhaps this bank hols weekend is a good time to start!

Care to join me? You can pick it up quite quickly from amazon etc. We can spur each other on :)
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Hello my lovely!

I am back! Will post on my diary later..

YAY!! Welcome back :-) Only just really returning myself ;)
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Here are a list of my short term goals (half year) to take me to July 2013. I'm noting on here so I can refer back to them and cross off as I go.
    1. Clear Vigin CC in full (currently £920.09)
    2. Clear Halifax CC in full (currently £1091.38)
    3. Clear Egg CC in full (currently £1045.89)
    4. Weigh 9st 7lbs and maintain it (unless we're lucky enough to fall pregnant!)
    5. Have 1k in savings account for misc spends/holidays
    6. Continue to pay minimum monthly payments on all other debts as well as the above.
    So six fairly simple goals in that they are straightforward. Not so simple in that I now need to focus hard on the money side of things and see what I can do.

I will keep revisiting these and update as I go along. Nice to have them noted and some clear goals in sight :D

So the above were my goals set for half yearly progress.....I think I will keep to these goals apart from change the "have £1000 in savings" to have some savings as don't think I can manage that one.

I'm still on track to clearing all the debts listed so that's good :)
  • amyc92
    amyc92 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    YES!!! I will join you! Going to buy it and will start this weekend to!
    I have now subscribed to your diary so I will be checking :D x
    Car- £6990.50
    Overdraft- £400
    Holiday:
    08/06/15Flight- £201
    03/08/15Remaining-£260
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    amyc92 wrote: »
    YES!!! I will join you! Going to buy it and will start this weekend to!
    I have now subscribed to your diary so I will be checking :D x

:rotfl:No backing out for us now!! :rotfl:

We'll be super buff in 30 days time....bring it on! :j
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Had a good old talk with myself last night. An honest one where by you end up feeling kind of bad and good at the same time. Don't worry, i'm not going mad. I did air my views/concerns to my hubby also after ;)

Anyway, I DO think I have a bit of an addiction to diet coke and chocolate. I know we all have this problem but I have at least 3 cans a day and at least one form of chocolate every day. Sometimes a big grab bag and have been known to eat two or more choc bars a day and go without any dinner. This is not good for me, mainly health wise but also if I want to feel/look good again it won't help. I am suprised i'm not the size of a house but guess i'm lucky that I do do some exerices. None the less this has to stop. I have a sneaky feeling the caffiene is the addition here :o Also when you think about it, it's a lot of money being spent on waste as that's literally what it is - a complete waste of money and a waste on my body.

So, what am I going to do? Well last night I had my last ever can of diet coke. I've made the concious decision not to buy any again. I can't say I won't ever drink it as do find it refreshing at a pub or something but I will not have any in the house or buy any out and about. Same goes for the chocolate.

I hope by cutting this out I will notice the difference in my energy levels, concentration and life in general health wise. I did read somewhere that caffiene can cause terrible mood swings and this is def something I have and palpatations now and again (if drink/eat too much of the stuff) Not a good thing.

So theres one decision made that will help both health and money.

Next - exercise - well i'm starting my 30 day shred. From 28.03.13 (tomorrow) I have exactly 30 days until hubby and I go on our holibobs (all paid for!) to the Lake District. So, this is my goal. I know I can do it as I started it before but that all went out the window with my former lazy self. Not this time though! I want to feel good, feel healthy and most importantly mentally. I can do this!

I will update my daily progress to keep on track with all of the above.

Finally, just updated my total debt it's £16,152.47 :j However, I have already made payments this month so I know it'll def be in the £15k's now but need to confirm balances once bills come in. Next milestone/goal is to be sub 15k.

Right enough from me and my mammoth post!

Have a good day,

choc xxx
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Choc,

Your debt figures are looking so good!

Perhaps I should start the 30 day shred. I am doing the 5:2 diet at the moment which seems to be working. Yet to weigh in though!

You can kick that diet coke and chocolate habit :D

Mine would be a cake and custard cream habit!

OF x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure