Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Options

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Lovely to have you back Choc. I hope the break did you some good.

Your goals look realistic- good luck!

I hope you get that positive test soon :-) x
    OF x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Belle208
    Belle208 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Your debt figures are that different to mine.. Well done on everything y
    Ou have paid off so far.. The end is in sight, keep going.. Will subscribe to see you get to your DF moment!
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Belle. Your post is just the motivation to get me back on here posting regularly :)

Still battling away and I need to update my totals as it's less now - yippee :j

Hubby and I were just playing about on mortgage calc and if we stayed as we are once debts are paid (which we won't) but just for instance, if we used the £1200 per month i'm using towards debts to throw at our mortgage, then we'd clear our mortgage in 6 years!!! Now obviously we won't as we want a life again and savings etc etc but we will most def overpay on the mortgage - it's def worth doing.

Ooooo the possibilities once the debts are gone. I literally can't wait!!!

Choc xx
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Morning diary,

Well today is about easing myself back into the MSE ways of life, taking small positive steps to getting me fully on board. I say small steps as if I just go all at it, I normally crash and burn.

So today is simple -

No spend day
    Eat well
    Exercise for 30 minutes
    Finishing washing/drying (if poss in these artic conditions!)
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Week seems to be passing with me not doing a lot!

NSD's going out the window. Had unexpected visit to vets Monday. Yest has to buy a bit food as having to feed dog on chicken and fish for few days....and so the sage continues. Just hope our little lady is ok and starts showing signs of improving :-(

It's payday on Friday so I plan on making that my "fresh start". I won't start yet another diary as that would just be silly.

I've worked out i'm an all or nothing girl. I find it hard to sit in the middle but realise for my health, sanity and future I need to learn to be that middle groud girl.

When i'm ALL - I go at it properly but only to fail say 2 weeks into anything new i've set and when i'm NOTHING, I really am nothing and don't achieve a thing and mope about feeling sorry for myself.

I realise now that I need to make small positive lifestyle changes that become a way of life, not just a quick fix. For instance, putting £5 away in a savings account is fine. I don't need to think it's not good enough as if I did this every month it would start building a nice foundation for savings once I am debt free. I don't NEED to exercise every day. 3-4 days a week is just fine. I CAN have that chocolate bar on an odd day and not feel bad, I don't need to binge eat because i've been bad and feel a failure........there is more but I won't bore you.

So, 15.03.13 is my day of change. The day things improve slowly and I set my foundations for life ahead.

Meanwhile, today is a spend day as had to buy some more chicken for the pooch. I have about £30 to last until payday which will cover outgoings.

Postive = I am going for a swim this evening which is both exercise but relaxing at the same time.

Right, must get back to work and also work on getting total debt figures together. Think final bills must be due in soon :)

Choc x
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Choc :hello:

Just read your diary through from start to finish - well done on your achievements so far :T.

Just wanted to say that I have also had a 'break' from certain online things - deleted Facebook on 1st Jan and it's the most liberating thing I've done in ages :rotfl:It was actually quite tiresome reading silly pathetic status updates, and it's actually better not knowing everyones business IYKWIM! I spend soooo little time on my laptop now!

I too am an all-or nothing gal! I get quite obsessed with stuff and then it wears off. I'm also trying to lose some weight at the mo, and I don't cheat, but if I do slip-up, I ruin the whole diet for the day!

Anyway, shall be following your progress :D x
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Well my day of change didn't really happen....in fact not a lot has happened. What is wrong with me??

Need a good kick up backside and a shove in the right direction :o

I will get there!!!!

Choc x
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with you, and YES, you will get there! Some people take the scenic route and some people, well, don't. We're all different and things that may work for one don't work for another.

I know that I get a bit overwhelmed with things that I need to do that sometimes I end up doing nothing. I learnt that if I make a list of things to do when I get to work (both for work stuff and home stuff in the evening) I can get it out of my head and concentrate on actually doing it. However sometimes my list is rather full and I instantly know that its not gonna to get so then I sort of trick myself by adding stuff to the list that I was going to do anyway. Menial stuff like eating lunch, going to the loo, checking facebook, coming on MSE etc. So then when I tick those things off, I think, oh wow, I've done loads today. :rotfl: Its silly but it works for me on those days where its too much deal with.

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope you can get back on track. No, you WILL get back on track. :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Orange_Ena wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with you, and YES, you will get there! Some people take the scenic route and some people, well, don't. We're all different and things that may work for one don't work for another.

I know that I get a bit overwhelmed with things that I need to do that sometimes I end up doing nothing. I learnt that if I make a list of things to do when I get to work (both for work stuff and home stuff in the evening) I can get it out of my head and concentrate on actually doing it. However sometimes my list is rather full and I instantly know that its not gonna to get so then I sort of trick myself by adding stuff to the list that I was going to do anyway. Menial stuff like eating lunch, going to the loo, checking facebook, coming on MSE etc. So then when I tick those things off, I think, oh wow, I've done loads today. :rotfl: Its silly but it works for me on those days where its too much deal with.

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope you can get back on track. No, you WILL get back on track. :)

:rotfl:I love the idea of tricking yourself with listing things like lunch etc etc. I may take up that idea!

I work from home most days so I think I need some structure and a plan to my day to be honest. I kind of bumble along and that's when things don't get done. If I havea set routine then at least i'm half way there. I'm pretty good at sitting down and working it's just homelife after/debts/exercise etc etc....my motivation goes out the window when I finish work.

Hmmmm.....thinking cap on.....

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Finally i've started a little bit of organisation. Two birthday presents ordered off of Amazon. Delivery Thurs ready to be taken to respective places at the weekend. Saves me rushing about the shops. I have cards and paper in loft.

Now just need to sort Dad/sister presents and i'm there.

Small steps but already feel better knowing two presents are sorted. Just need to remember to get back money from hubby for his half so i'm not left short.

What else can I achieve today???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport