Options

Comments

• stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DannyBo wrote: »
    Only when I'm attacked

You bumped up your own thread after two days of no comments, with comments that some people may feel, have been about a recent news article.
    While you may may deny this and it was about another matter, many people will still think its about recent events.

That was not attack on you, that was some stating discomfort about your post.
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Er, OP. I don't know you. You're just a posting ID on an Internet forum: a bunch of electrons flickering on a computer screen. You don't know me because Codger is also just a bunch of electrons flickering on a computer screen.

My life ain't that sad -- and I certainly hope yours isn't, either -- to greive over the "bullying" of some. . . electrons. Of stuff that has no *real* life. That exists only when the computer is powered on. That isn't. . . Authentic.

The day a computer user starts getting as upset about the wounded feelings of an avatar as the wounded feelings of a human being is the day he or she needs to get out a lot more. And give up on Internet chat forums altogether.
  • sagalout1954
    Options
    However funny or sarcastic you may think your comment is - the one on the receiving end could take it to heart and....

Not everyone shares your sense of humour and not everyone is as thick-skinned

What others perceive to be a witty comment could be enough to tip another human over the edge.

Please remember that whilst posting and scoring points

:(

I didn't read the above and automatically ASSUME that the OP was referring to the poor nurse. You'd have to be bothered to read the post it was made in response to, in order to understand the point OP is trying to make.

Just goes to show, Goater made an ASSUMPTION and decided to comment negatively on it, with others jumping on Goater's bandwagon - sort of sums up why OP's started this thread in the first place!
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't read the above and automatically ASSUME that the OP was referring to the poor nurse. You'd have to be bothered to read the post it was made in response to, in order to understand the point OP is trying to make.

Just goes to show, Goater made an ASSUMPTION and decided to comment negatively on it, with others jumping on Goater's bandwagon - sort of sums up why OP's started this thread in the first place!

goater78's comment was not negative, it was honest. I also don't see anyone "jumping on the bandwagon", but simply agreeing with one another - DannyBo was trying to use a tragic suicide to reinforce his point, which is extremely distasteful.
  • sagalout1954
    sagalout1954 Posts: 418 Forumite
    Photogenic
    edited 8 December 2012 at 1:14PM
    Options
    miduck wrote: »
    goater78's comment was not negative, it was honest. I also don't see anyone "jumping on the bandwagon", but simply agreeing with one another - DannyBo was trying to use a tragic suicide to reinforce his point, which is extremely distasteful.

No he wasn't - as with Goater, you have made an ASSUMPTION and judged DannyBo on it.

There is no mention of the nurse, and unless you visit this site on a daily basis, you wouldn't necessarily even tie in the date of DB's post being the same day as the death of the nurse.

Distasteful would have been if DB had actually related his comments to the nurse, he didn't, Goater subsequently did that, & you jumped on his bandwagon!

My last word on this topic, the thread nicely reinforces the reason DB started it in the first place!
  • SarahCarer
    Options
    I'm trying to work out if Danny & Goater are related.
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're uncomfortable? Im sorry to hear that - please highlight all references i have made regarding the nurse at the centre of the 'hoax'
    I await your reply in giddy anticipation.
    The fact remains that, every post, comment or diss online could do and has done, lead to tragic consequences.

Tragic consequences for avatars and online IDs: nah. Hilarious consequences, definitely: goater78's display of pomposity combined with stupidity has been most entertaining. . . with the four MSErs who thanked goater78's post proving that even an entire bunch of electrons aren't necessarily good at reading or even thinking straight.

And you're still seriously worried about bullying??? :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SarahCarer wrote: »
    I'm trying to work out if Danny & Goater are related.

Yes we used to date back in the late 1990's but it turned sour and there has just been terrible bitterness between us ever since :)
  • stephen77
    Options
    , and unless you visit this site on a daily basis, you wouldn't necessarily even tie in the date of DB's post being the same day as the death of the nurse.

!

but people do log on to the site most days. Its not like goater commented on a thread that was a few months old. The post would have been near the top of the forum when Goater responded.
  • stephen77
    Options
    codger wrote: »

And you're still seriously worried about bullying??? :)

If danny was really worried he would not have wrote witty remarks that he warns against as it may tip people over the edge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure