Bullying/mob mentality/cliques

Options

Comments

• DannyBo
    DannyBo Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    I'm uncomfortable with you using the tragic suicide of the nurse at the centre of the hoax in this manner.

I believe it's in bad taste and you should be ashamed of yourself.

You're uncomfortable? Im sorry to hear that - please highlight all references i have made regarding the nurse at the centre of the 'hoax'

I await your reply in giddy anticipation.

The fact remains that, every post, comment or diss online could do and has done, lead to tragic consequences.
    Turn your car around.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DannyBo wrote: »
    You're uncomfortable? Im sorry to hear that - please highlight all references i have made regarding the nurse at the centre of the 'hoax'

I await your reply in giddy anticipation.

The fact remains that, every post, comment or diss online could do and has done, lead to tragic consequences.

I'm not going to get in an argument with you about this as its too tragic. However I think you should be ashamed of yourself.
  • DannyBo
    Options
    And actually, quie frankly; even if i were referring to the suicide you mention - and then?

That would only highlight my point...

Unless you are deranged enough to think i base my worth upon the amount of 'thanks' i get in the MSE website?

Im actually more concerned about the numerous number of people close to a cause that i support who have taken their lives due to Internet bullying

*sigh*
    Turn your car around.
  • DannyBo
    Options
    I'm not going to get in an argument with you about this as its too tragic. However I think you should be ashamed of yourself.

Thankfully you are not my mother, she's the only one who could advise me that my behaviour is shameful.

See my post above...
    Turn your car around.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    However funny or sarcastic you may think your comment is - the one on the receiving end could take it to heart and....

Not everyone shares your sense of humour and not everyone is as thick-skinned

What others perceive to be a witty comment could be enough to tip another human over the edge.

Please remember that whilst posting and scoring points

:(

The world would be a boaring place with out a little banter.

As this is not about any recent events I can be subjective.

I have not seen any comments on this forum that are that hurtful and do not get said in the real world. Okay i have not read every thread.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And actually, quie frankly; even if i were referring to the suicide you mention - and then?

That would only highlight my point...

Unless you are deranged enough to think i base my worth upon the amount of 'thanks' i get in the MSE website?

Im actually more concerned about the numerous number of people close to a cause that i support who have taken their lives due to Internet bullying

*sigh*

You're using a tragic unrelated event to try and highlight your point. That's what I find abhorrent. That poor woman had her mistake played out in the full glare of the worlds media. It's a massively different situation to banter on an Internet forum by people who use alias.

For one thing nobody was even rude to her. She was just cruelly tricked as part of a hoax.
  • DannyBo
    Options
    stephen77 wrote: »
    The world would be a boaring place with out a little banter.

As this is not about any recent events I can be subjective.

I have not seen any comments on this forum that are that hurtful and do not get said in the real world. Okay i have not read every thread.

Boring. And nor have I - what isn't hurtful to you can cut like a knife to your neighbour

One man's poison and all that....
    Turn your car around.
  • HiToAll
    HiToAll Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    This forum is probably the only thing that some people have in their sad little lives, and get some kind of thrill/pleasure by finding fault in other peoples posts. They are clearly inadequate in all other aspects of their life, and without really answering the question posed by the first poster.

If this gives them a lift/boost to their own life then so be it, forget it and move on/ignore them.
  • DannyBo
    Options
    You're using a tragic unrelated event to try and highlight your point. That's what I find abhorrent. That poor woman had her mistake played out in the full glare of the worlds media. It's a massively different situation to banter on an Internet forum by people who use alias.

For one thing nobody was even rude to her. She was just cruelly tricked as part of a hoax.

Im actually still waiting for you to highlight the exact point at which I made any kind of reference to the particular situation you refer to....

You won't find it, don't bother looking... You only presumed...

You say you don't wish to get into an argument - you're slating me for something i haven't even referred to.
    Turn your car around.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Boring. And nor have I - what isn't hurtful to you can cut like a knife to your neighbour

One man's poison and all that....

Your calling my post boaring. Thus calling me boaring. Some people may be very hurt by being called boaring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure