Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Options

Comments

• staffsuk
    staffsuk Posts: 196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ecnalwerg wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you skimp on delivery, try paying an extra £ for a competent delivery service, your customer retention will improve. We changed from City Link to UPS for a savings of £0.10 using a reseller priced at £6.10 for up to 30 kgs. YES thats right, Worlds biggest courier at loooow prices. All I'm saying is shop around and don't just use the companies that are on the tele or who bribe Ebay and Amazon.

I'm yet to discover who can offer UPS 30Kg Standard at £6.10 :think:
  • staffsuk
    Options
    Well I've been using ClickAndSendParcel for a while now since GWhizz went bust. I have to say whilst at first their service was excellent - it's now awful.

As ever - it's when something goes wrong it all goes to pot. I am having to email several times to get a reply - and some questions simply go unanswered. This is absolutely no use to me whatsoever as I am trying to run a business - most especially when I have customers waiting.

So I'm now on the lookout for another UPS agent who has excellent customer service and a price around £7.50 + vat for UPS Standard 30Kg.

Does such an agent exist??
  • Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    staffsuk wrote: »
    Well I've been using ClickAndSendParcel for a while now since GWhizz went bust. I have to say whilst at first their service was excellent - it's now awful.

As ever - it's when something goes wrong it all goes to pot. I am having to email several times to get a reply - and some questions simply go unanswered. This is absolutely no use to me whatsoever as I am trying to run a business - most especially when I have customers waiting.

So I'm now on the lookout for another UPS agent who has excellent customer service and a price around £7.50 + vat for UPS Standard 30Kg.

Does such an agent exist??

Same here :(
    Their 'Live Chat' feature is ALWAYS not available, and e-mails are not responded to. Phoning them costs an arm and a leg too. They are the same as My Hermes in these respects, but when paying for a premium service, you do expect better.
    Mind you, I've found the same with Interparcel and P2G, so at least with My Hermes you do only pay peanuts to get the same monkeys :tongue:
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • staffsuk
    Options
    Tara100 wrote: »
    Same here :(
    Their 'Live Chat' feature is ALWAYS not available, and e-mails are not responded to. Phoning them costs an arm and a leg too. They are the same as My Hermes in these respects, but when paying for a premium service, you do expect better.
    Mind you, I've found the same with Interparcel and P2G, so at least with My Hermes you do only pay peanuts to get the same monkeys :tongue:

It's a shame as they were doing so well. I noticed their Live Chat feature was usually staffed - but over the last few months it's never available. Of the occasions when it was - no-one ever responded to the opening communication. I simply don't have the time to deal with this level of customer service. When you have customers waiting you need answers. It impacts on myself - my customers and by business.

I rather suspect they have had it up to their eyes dealing with complaints and problems - and are no longer interested in customer service.

GWhizz were on the other hand excellent - I so wish there were another company like them - or a phoenix that had risen from the ashes.
  • jjwfrance
    Options
    Hi - has anyone used this parcel service recently? I want to send a parcel from the uk to France - never done it before, so want to know who is good and who isn't.
    Any feedback would be really welcome.
  • stifler
    Options
    hi can anyone help?
    i need to ship a parcel from florida USA to the UK, the dimensions are: 121 x 73 x 33cm and weighs 48kg.

cheapest quote so far is parcel hero at £230!!!

regards

stifler
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jjwfrance wrote: »
    Hi - has anyone used this parcel service recently? I want to send a parcel from the uk to France - never done it before, so want to know who is good and who isn't.
    Any feedback would be really welcome.

Worldwide parcel services, interparcel or parcelmonkey will all send a parcel to France at reasonable rates.
    You do not say if it is particularly valuable but if it is when you compare prices bear in mind different companies quote different amounts for extra insurance if you need it.
    There are also a lot of items which are only covered for loss and not covered for damage so check that as well with you chosen supplier. There are also a lot of prohibited items but that will not vary much from company to company.
    Finally and most importantly pack it much better than you think it will need. It must be capable of being thrown around and not get damaged -putting a fragile label on it will make no difference to how it is handled.
  • Lulu58
    Lulu58 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, I'm also looking to send something to Florida, but much smaller. I'm looking at https://www.interparcel.com, https://www.parcel2go.com and https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk. I've not used any of these before, but they keep coming up on this forum. The prices aren't bad for my parcel, but I'm going to check at the Post Office on Monday. I've had dealings with myHermes, Yodel and City Link and wouldn't recommend any of them.
  • Lulu58
    Lulu58 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone know of a company I can use to send matchboxes (containing safety matches) from/to a UK address who won't charge me the earth?

Thanks.
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lulu58 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm also looking to send something to Florida, but much smaller. I'm looking at https://www.interparcel.com, https://www.parcel2go.com and https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk. I've not used any of these before, but they keep coming up on this forum. The prices aren't bad for my parcel, but I'm going to check at the Post Office on Monday. I've had dealings with myHermes, Yodel and City Link and wouldn't recommend any of them.

As a rough guide under 2kg will be cheaper with Royal Mail. You can get prices on line at https://www.royalmail.com. just put in where and what it weighs and see the options. Over the basic weight based price it cost another £5.40 for tracked and another £8 as well if you need more than £20 insurance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback