Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Options

Comments

• Suzveitch
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Thats great,if only you told us the company.
    Parcel2go are a broker.
    what are you saying you were told that isnt true?
    So Im betting glass isnt covered and many couriers wont carry broken glass for H&S reasons.

Hermes was the company. Glasses aren't covered under compensation which is why I didn't take out any. However I didn't expect to pay money to have my product both broken and lost! I should at least be able to get my delivery charge back.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Suzveitch wrote: »
    Hermes was the company. Glasses aren't covered under compensation which is why I didn't take out any. However I didn't expect to pay money to have my product both broken and lost! I should at least be able to get my delivery charge back.

Well if they got broken,is that not down to the packaging?
  • misterthrifty
    Options
    Hi
    I have to send a parcel to Brazil, an ebay purchase of books valued at £300. The weight is around 9kg and the size of the package is 30cm x 30cm x 30cm. I have had a search but they seem very expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    TIA
  • sawas008
    sawas008 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello, does anyone of you try to use parcelabc.com services? They say that they are the cheapest, because they using free space in courier transport. Tried to compare some prices (sending from Lithuania to London) with parcel2go i did't found that much cheaper suggestions, but maybe others find some cheaper suggestions?
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know a courier who will carry water based paint? I have some Walltastic sets, they include a wall mural and two tins of paint in a box. I had previously used Parcelforce which was via Ebays reduced postage link and it only cost around £8 but then they removed the link and price has now doubled.
  • stephenjwz
    stephenjwz Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    in the parcel delivery article, p4d are cited for being cheap, with no mention of their awful reviews on google, reviews.co.uk & trustpilot

(guess who I am having problems with)

I know it's buyer beware to an extent with everything, but for comparison, the mse current accounts article has customer service reviews as a consideration all over it, which I would take some note of were I looking for advice on that...
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stephenjwz wrote: »
    in the parcel delivery article, p4d are cited for being cheap, with no mention of their awful reviews on google, reviews.co.uk & trustpilot

If you want to see a really bad company for reviews take a look at Landmark Global on trustpilot who manage 1 out of 10. P4D are average.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    It's worth noting that a fair percentage of the negative reviews all these companies receive is down to the courier used (or the customer failing to insure adequately) rather than the company themselves, so it's difficult to get a true picture.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Small parcel FROM France? Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone any tips for sending a small parcel from France to UK?
    French Post office insist on signed for costing 15e
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Small parcel FROM France? Not sure if this is the right place but has anyone any tips for sending a small parcel from France to UK?
    French Post office insist on signed for costing 15e
    By small parcel do you mean within the UK small parcel size? Really we need the dimensions and weight to be able to comment properly.

La Poste have a calculator here

https://tarifs-postaux.fr/tarif-colis.htm

If it's under 1kg they offer Mondial Relais at just over 10 Euros (I entered 1kg 30x30x15cm)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback