Pregnancy Tests

All you mums/mums to be.....

Is it really worth paying more ££ for flash pregnancy tests? Or can I save and use boots own?!
Doesn't feel right peeing on something expensive every month when we're trying to save money elsewhere! :rotfl:
:heart: Mini me due March 2014 :heart:

Comments

• cr1mson
    cr1mson Posts: 881
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I personally wouldn't even bother paying as much as Boots charge and get cheap ones online. You can bulk buy aswell!
  • sjlou
    sjlou Posts: 572 Forumite
    good call.... will look tonight. Don't think that's the kind of google search I should be doing at work! :-)
    :heart: Mini me due March 2014 :heart:
  • snozberry
    snozberry Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    My doctor told me that the ones from the pound shop are just as good.
  • cr1mson
    cr1mson Posts: 881
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I used to get mine from Access Diagnostics and were fine for both pregnancies.

There are usually codes for money off too. Just had a quick google and aut5 gets you 5% off.
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    They all work the same way although some are more sensitive than others. Cheap doesn't necessarily equal less sensitive. The below is a great site all about pregnancy tests.

http://www.peeonastick.com/
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • I bought mine from ebay- much cheaper and more sensitive than most high street ones.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • wiggels
    wiggels Posts: 42 Forumite
    I'd go pound land they are much better xx
  • I bought the cheap ones and then when they showed me the two lines i bought the expensive clear blue ones that are two for £12 / £13 that tell you you are pregnant and how far, a friend of mine did one of those a few months ago and sent me a text with the word shhh, it was so exciting to see and that he'd shared it with me was lovely :) x
  • I used a variety when pg, all of them were on offer when bought! I think the general idea is use a cheapie and if you get a + and want to check then use a digi (only if you want of course!).

I ran out of cheapies when I got my + and had to use a digi, they take FOREVER to appear, that little egg timer was driving me insane :)
    Saving money like a trouper...
  • big5
    big5 Posts: 370 Forumite
    I used a supermarket own brand digital test - the result came up straight away (although I was 6 weeks pregnant, so there was plenty of hCG in my system). It was £7 for a pack of 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure