My New Diary!

Options

Comments

• lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    excellent start to the year! its only the 5th of feb so you are doing excellent.

DCAs are a god damn nightmare!
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tinka21
    Tinka21 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Not been on for a while but a quick update...

Had confirmation now from the 2 DCA's I have been dealing with that my accounts are now settled and closed! Phew! So even though I had kind of already ticked them off I know for certain that they done!

Husband has kind of hit his business idea on the head as he just don't have time for it. He dabbled with a few cars and has made enough money to buy his own car, which he has done and it is nice to have something that we actually own outright.

Nothing much else has happened in the way of money except for the lack of it! lol

On a positive we have enough money to pay all our regular household bills and food to keep us going.

On a bad note had an ebay invoice for £80! That was a shock as I hadn't realised we had sold so much stuff! lol
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    just good to have the confirmation and clear in your own mind regarding the DCAs

Great you're staying afloat :)
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

• Tinka21
    Options
    I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted in my diary!!

I need to update my totals which I will do later.

My crochet stuff has really taken off and now have my own facebook page for selling my creations. I had around 32 hat orders before Xmas!! I haven't paid much extra off debts during the year but balances are slowly coming down and the hubby has started giving me an extra £200 a month towards debt repayments so I am paying that in addition to my normal payments.

I will be 40 in 8 years so I really want to be debt free before I hit this milestone.....time to get the action plan together again!
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Right I have updated my new total and although it's still not great at least it has come down in the last year.

I've just been online and upped one of my standing orders by £20 a month. It's for a ccj we got jointly and as it is over £5000 we get charged a huge amount of interest so at the moment although we pay £95 a month none of it comes off the balance...in fact it is going up each month :( so hopefully now paying extra will start making a difference to it.

I've still got a few niggly debts that refused full and final settlement offers last year but I may give them another try with a revised offer if I can save enough to offer them.

I'm also going to start meal planning again as I am spending an obscene amount of money at the moment!!

We have bought a couple of sealed money tins for various things as well but I need another one which will be for extra debt payments.
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    hi Tinka

long time no see!

great news about your crotchet business :)

nice to see you back on track :)

x

• Tinka21
    Options
    Aww thank you :) I've just this minute been catching up on your diary and posted a quick message :)
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Meal plan is done!

I should be able to hopefully keep within a £50 a week budget for the 5 of us which will allow me to start saving for the full and final settlement offers.

I'm also starting the potty training for my little moo so hopefully soon I will also be making a saving on nappies too!

I've made a couple of extra payments today from the money hubby is giving me. I'd forgotten how good it feels to make extra payments :)
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Nothing much to report on, been keeping to the meal plan but not made any more payments as yet. Hopefully I will get to make some more at the end of the week :)
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    extra payment do keep you boosted dont they. even a quid here and there makes all the difference :) i certainly noticed it on maternity leave when i was only paying the minimum payments how deflating it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure