My New Diary!

Options

Comments

• Tinka21
    Tinka21 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm on day 2 of doing a low carb diet as, although i'm not over weight, I'm not happy with the bloated belly I have gained from enjoying xmas! But so far so good :)

DH is considering setting up a part time business of buying and selling cars. He is just looking into the insurances at the moment but he has done it as a hobby in the past so its not brand new to him. I've also discovered he is a bit like delboy, when he came home with a metal trailer the other day that someone gave him, very random, but he is going to sell it and make some money! lol

Also someone has given him 5 pairs of well branded jeans, 2 of them fit and he is keeping the others will go on ebay! Its amazing what people want to throw out!
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    alwasys goo to feel a bit healthier :)

it is crazy what some people throw out x
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tinka21
    Options
    DH has been contacted about insurances and its not as bad as we thought at all. £1300 a year and he will be covered for any car inc. high performance and and commercial vehicles. His Insurance on his last car was more than that! He has also got the chance to buy his first car to sell as well so it seems to be coming together nicely for him. Hopefully in a few months time we can start getting some profit out of it :)

Went to boots and weighed myself and I have put on around 7lbs in the last couple of months so really want to get rid of it now!

Going to get more stuff on ebay today if I can get my bum in gear! Also joined another survey panel that pays out in vouchers. Although vouchers won't pay debt my thoughts are i can use them to buy presents or even maybe treat myself from time to time :)
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    great news about the insurance. seems feasible for him then :)

i am the same regarding the vouchers. plan to save up as much as possible on swgbucks and then use them in amazon vouchers next christmas :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • B-J-D
    B-J-D Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    i think you should definatly use some of the vouchers on yourself!! we all need a treat from time to time!

good luck with the debt busting, great job on clearing them last ones, and saving a bit of money too!!

can i ask what you plan to do with your phone to bring in a bit extra? im all for earning a bit more doing something different! xx
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Thanks bjd. In respect of my phone i have downloaded an app called getjam where u collect points and the other one is nielson mobile app.

Checked the bank this morning and a cheque had gone out that was to the first small debt, so its officially paid off! First debt repaid in 2013! Its given me real drive to get cracking with the rest now!

Got 6 items on ebay and going to go through my wardrobe tomorrow and sort some more things to go on.
  • Tinka21
    Options
    So had a letter back from the second debt who I made an offer of f&f settlement to and they have said a big fat NO. Their reason was that it would take too long to repay it! That don't even make sense as I was offering a lump sum but hey ho. Will leave it a week and make them another offer.

Been weighed again today and have lost 2lb in 5 days so happy with those results and now i'm back to walking the kids to school i'm hoping it will stay off as well!

Still need to sort some more ebay things but its so tedious I have to build myself up to it! lol
  • B-J-D
    B-J-D Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that, just downloading the jam one now, any pointers?

well done on your weight loss too x
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Not really any pointers, it's slow going with it as you need to wait for them to add videos to watch etc. Just a case of keep checking if there is anything new you can get some points from.

Right added more things to ebay today. I also bought a load of clothes and shoes from one of the mums at school for my daughter. Sorted through them and the things I don't want i'm putting on ebay too so hoping I can get back what I paid so the clothes Ive kept haven't cost me anything....if that makes sense! lol

I'm hoping we can book UK holiday next week, nothing fancy just a caravan so need to scrap some deposit money together...wish me luck!
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Got another load of items listed on ebay this weekend and DH has listed some things and the money raised from his sales are going into his new business venture so fingers xd it will pay off for him!

Not been out this weekend so haven't spent anything thank god!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure