No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• mickey_mouse
    Options
    My Elemis TSV has just arrived - smells wonderful.
    So 6 products to add to my huuuuuge list:p
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    indiepanda wrote: »
    Definitely a big factor in mine. I know I am far more likely to give in to temptation in the form of a special offer or even head to Boots or L'Occitane (my current main source of temptation) even though I know I don't need anything when I am feeling low. My purchasing has definitely increased since my OH was sent home and has always jumped when I am feeling stressed. It's an easy pick up - until the guilt sets in a few hours later. Still, not as unhealthy as drinking to excess or taking drugs etc... it's a waste of money but I'm not ruining my health doing it. (The increase in cake/chocolate brownies eaten might but that's another thread!)

Exactly the same for me. Looking at my UU/IN list this year I can tell exactly when I was having a rough time and what happened at those points. L'Occitane is my source of temptation too!

This month is flying by. My OH also said I'm not getting what I asked for from him for xmas, rosemary. :( Our couples counselling with Relate has finished (against my wishes but he said he 'didn't have any more annual leave to spend on sessions', which is a total lie). There's no safety net anymore so I'm a bit on edge. Coupled with my next big exam in mid-January, I'm a bag of nerves!

Anyway, a couple of minor UUs to report.
    Eucerin Anti-redness calming night cream (sample bottle) - Liked this a lot, was good with my dodgy skin.
    REN hand & body cream (from skincare pack in a magazine) - Did the job but the smell really put me off. Plenty of cheaper and better-smelling products out there.

I opened up my special honey night cream I bought when we were on hols in September from a local honey farm, been really looking forward to using this! Unfortunately the seal had been opened but placed back on (I hadn't noticed) and someone had taken a big scoopful :mad::mad::mad: Can't return it as I'm not in the area! And it's actually really thick, nasty stuff, so may have to GA/TA anyway. What a let down :(
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • Itzybitzy
    Itzybitzy Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    UU

Superdrug Coconut and Sweet Almond Shampoo, 300ml - WBA, nice and simple shampoo :) Smells really great as well!
    Fandi Fendi Perfume, 4ml - WNBA, got a bit boring after a while

INS (Amarya)

Sophyto Omega Daily Moisturiser, 15ml
    Sophyto Purifying Silken Cleanser, 15ml
    Sophyto Dual Action Exfoliating Treatment, 15ml
    Neom Complete Bliss Bath Oil, 5ml
    Undergreen White Classic Addition Perfume Sample, 1ml
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UU Molton Brown facial wash 100ml - wba very effective and smells great
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • Motoko_2
    Motoko_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello,

1 GA - Avon SSS dry oil body spray - WNBA - My legs are tooooo fussy for their own good. I'm just going to continue using baby oil and my blue tub of Nivea! Thought the spray would be quicker and less messy!

Happy Wednesday everyone :j
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Catriona_P, sorry to hear that your Relate sessions has ended against your wishes and that you feel that OH's reasons is not ringing true. Have you told him that? If you haven't, I would do it because it would make me feel better to at least have expressed it rather than just thinking about. I hope you feel better soon and good luck with your exam in January. Sending you a big hug as well and to everyone else who need one.

Becky x
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Indiepanda, how did you get on today?
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    Catriona_P, sorry to hear that your Relate sessions has ended against your wishes and that you feel that OH's reasons is not ringing true. Have you told him that? If you haven't, I would do it because it would make me feel better to at least have expressed it rather than just thinking about. I hope you feel better soon and good luck with your exam in January. Sending you a big hug as well and to everyone else who need one.

Becky x

Thanks Becky. :) I did tell him I thought he had plenty of annual leave still and that the sessions were important, but he insisted he couldn't do any more. I also said this to the counsellor but I think she was quite keen to finish seeing us in any case. And thanks for the wishes about my exam, not looking forward to it, or to studying over xmas! :o
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    Indiepanda, how did you get on today?

Good thanks, the doctor has given me a prescription for the anti-depressants I was on before and I managed to go to Boots to get it without buying any more unnecessary toiletries - didn't even look at any. (Once temptation is in front of me it's so much harder to resist)

Also went to Whole foods market to stock up on some healthier snacks to try to reduce the brownie habit, and managed to keep myself away from their beauty section which is a favourite of mine.

Then back home I managed to both avoid having a cake post the healthy lunch I had at the cafe, and going to either the sweet shop next door (love their floral gums) or the beauty shop two doors down where I tend to buy aromatherapy candles and nail polish as well as some of their indulgent toiletries. Reminding myself of the stocks I had at home that I could treat myself with seemed to be enough to satisfy myself today.
  • moromir
    moromir Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh I'm jealous you live near a Wholefoods indiepanda! I always have to make my own almond butter when I'm in one :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure