No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have December Amarya boxes been sent out, haven't had mine.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    Options
    Ahhhhh nearly saw contents of Amarya box when reading back through the thread will avoid until mine turns up
  • kiplingmonkey
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Have December Amarya boxes been sent out, haven't had mine.

Mine arrived today.
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Becky - I do this too and have now got £205 saved since January. It is really good to see the cash mount up. I want an Ipad so will keep going into next year too.

Wow, Kiplingmonkey £205 that's brilliant. Hope you get your Ipad soon.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    moromir, thank you!

I've been meaning to sell some things on ebay and you gave me the inspiration and push I needed. I've only put on 5 things but it's a start :) 4 have bids on already!
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • Skyllo
    Skyllo Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to all, seems like everyone needs them!

We all need a way of release when stressed, at least toiletries is better that alcohol/drugs, right? :p I have 1 sample UU and 2 INs.

Sample: Caudalie SOS serum: this was quite nice, it's from a big box of samples I won from a blog. There's a couple more sachets and a mini tube of it in the box.

I don't really want to be an enabler with these INs but....I was in Tesco earlier and noticed they have a S&G-style brand called Along Came Betty that's on special offer. I had a whiff expecting it to smell cheap and horrible but it smells amazing!! I picked up:

Along Came Betty creamy shower wash 200ml £1.99
    Along Came Betty butterly devine body butter 300ml £2.99

I've just tried the body butter and the texture is lovely, definitely rivals S&G and the scent is much more to my taste (I don't like the original scent). I believe they're normally £2.99 for the shower gel and £5.99 for the body butter.
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi All,

Hugs to those that need them - I'm having a challenging time at the moment due to work/elderly central heating and a most difficult OH but I am coping so far! I think its important to factor some time in for yourself, even if its just locking the bathroom door and soaking in the bath. I have to order my thoughts or I get a bit anxious sometimes if there's lots going on. I think we all have our ways of coping and as people have already said if that's a spot of pampering then there's nothing wrong with that!

Don't know if its just me, maybe I really am cured, but very underwhelmed with the TBS Christmas bundle, last thing I need is more body butter! Mind you I think the fact that it hasn't sold out yet is probably telling that others have thought the same. I'm finally realising that just because its a bargain doesn't mean I have to buy it, especially if I won't use it! :j

No IN or UU for me at the moment but I do have a couple of splutterers so should have a bit of progress soon.

I currently have glittery blue gel nails and they're very fetching too. If it all becomes too much I'll just gaze at my nails :D

Ems x
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,552 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am away with work at the moment and there are so many temptations from Martins email to having. Walk through shopping centres. Monday &Tuesday I had to endure Cabot Circuts and today it's been Drakes in Plymouth. Pleased to announce I have not bought anything although very tempted. This thread is definitely working for me.

Wednesday it's the airport temptation to avoid so fingers crossed. No UU to announce so far in December but did decant a shampoo OH refused to use into another botle in the hope he won't notice and use it up. Will save me buying more shampoo as I am not letting him loose on my Lush stuff.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Options
    Mine arrived today.

What sort of goodies do you get - do you have any sort of say in what products and scents you get? I am being nosey;)
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • Spending_Vs_Saving
    Options
    Big hugs to those having a rough time of it :grouphug:

No more UU to report or Ins :o but just repainted my finger nails in No7 stay perfect - royal blue colour.

I think next year i might start keeping a savings pot for using up toiletries £1 an item with £5 an item if its a makup UU ...since omg they take me forever.
    Consolidated and under control 42 payments to go.
    :cool::(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(:o;):mad::p:(
    [STRIKE]£7028.50[/STRIKE]£5990.43
    Aim: 35 and Debtfree
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family