No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a couple of INS which I'll post later. I'm taking a couple of items in to work today for the hamper collection - sounds worrying but they are asking for toiletries as well as food, so hopefully no one will eat them! :eek:

GAs will be Boots Ocen Spa Revitalising Bath Soak 250ml, Sanex Zero shower gel 8ml, BS Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream 1.5ml. Going to see if there is anything else suitable in the stash before the collection is wound up also.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UU a sample of Elemis active gel -WBA :D
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    why are men so subborn/whimpish?OH has now woken me up two nights with toothache so why won't he go to the dentist?today is his last chance before we go away for the weekend for what I hope will have a good effect on us after 6 months of rows so imagine what he will be like if tired and in pain:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Have some uu

FCUK Signature body wash - travel size, have replaced it with another in the same size to use whilst I am still using the body spray.

No7 radiance hot cloth cleanser - I used this a lot quicker than the last time I used one as rather than one or two pumps I used three. WBA with vouchers but no need as I still have four more:eek:Have replaced it with a S&G Hot cloth cleanser.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Indiepanda, I hope your situation soon gets resolved. I find it very stressful when I cannot do anything about a situation and it's up to others to resolve it. Don't feel that you have to be strong at all times, that's too tiring and feel free to post on here when you are finding it difficult. Sending you a big hug.

Becky
    x
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the nice messages.

I have one item I have thrown away. It was a mint shower gel from Wilkinsons. It smelled lovely, but if any of it got anywhere near the lady parts it was a bit of a shock! I don't need that first thing in the morning!

This weekend I am going to attempt to make a list of all the products I own. I suspect it may be longer than any that have appeared on this thread so far. I think I need the shock.
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    Indiepanda, I hope your situation soon gets resolved. I find it very stressful when I cannot do anything about a situation and it's up to others to resolve it. Don't feel that you have to be strong at all times, that's too tiring and feel free to post on here when you are finding it difficult. Sending you a big hug.

Becky
    x

Thanks Becky, that's very kind of you :). I ended up going to the NHS surgery to try to get an appointment for the doctor so I could get some anti-depressants. Hate medicating what is really a fairly normal reaction to something horrible, but I've got to get through this somehow without making myself sick with anxiety.

Unfortunately I nearly got to the front of the queue for appointments and they called out saying emergency appointments only - which means over 65s or under 5s or serious infections so I left without one.

Fortunately I managed to get one for tomorrow with the work GP instead - they are much easier to get (we have to pay but it's really worth it as it means I actually get an appointment)

Ended up contacting a friend who is coming over to keep me company tonight. I originally got in touch to ask if she could sort out a little problem at work for me to save me worrying about it, but she offered to come over and I managed to resist the urge to say "no I'll be fine". You're right - sometimes I have to let go of the need to be strong.
  • rogueylawyer
    Options
    indiepanda wrote: »
    Thanks Becky, that's very kind of you :). I ended up going to the NHS surgery to try to get an appointment for the doctor so I could get some anti-depressants. Hate medicating what is really a fairly normal reaction to something horrible, but I've got to get through this somehow without making myself sick with anxiety.

Unfortunately I nearly got to the front of the queue for appointments and they called out saying emergency appointments only - which means over 65s or under 5s or serious infections so I left without one.

Fortunately I managed to get one for tomorrow with the work GP instead - they are much easier to get (we have to pay but it's really worth it as it means I actually get an appointment)

Ended up contacting a friend who is coming over to keep me company tonight. I originally got in touch to ask if she could sort out a little problem at work for me to save me worrying about it, but she offered to come over and I managed to resist the urge to say "no I'll be fine". You're right - sometimes I have to let go of the need to be strong.

I think it's fair to say very little about this situation is under your control, normal, or anything else that falls in to the kind of categories you've mentioned.

I was recently told by someone to cut myself some slack. You definitely need to, and tell your friends you're struggling. Imagine how they will feel if they find out later how down you've been and you've felt you couldn't/shouldn't rely on them. It's what friends are there for.

And now off to take my soap box in to a little corner and take my own advice :-)
  • indiepanda
    Options
    I think it's fair to say very little about this situation is under your control, normal, or anything else that falls in to the kind of categories you've mentioned.

I was recently told by someone to cut myself some slack. You definitely need to, and tell your friends you're struggling. Imagine how they will feel if they find out later how down you've been and you've felt you couldn't/shouldn't rely on them. It's what friends are there for.

And now off to take my soap box in to a little corner and take my own advice :-)

Thanks. I don't think I realized till I slowed down this weekend that I wasn't coping. I was feeling a bit more tetchy than usual but had been keeping busy enough that I hadn't had that much time to dwell on things. But this weekend I had kept free because there was a possibility of seeing my fiance which didn't end up happening.

I was feeling pretty tired so took a chance to rest up rather than pack with plans, but too much time without enough distraction and the painful feelings came bubbling up. Ended up feeling a right idiot yesterday crying in the supermarket triggered by them playing "It will be lonely this Christmas"... I won't actually be alone will be with friends and will be seeing my fiance two days later, but it still touched a nerve all the same.

Anyway, whatever it was that was making you feel wobbly last night I hope you take your good advice and lean on your friends too.
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Indiepanda, I totally agree with Roguelawyer that's what friends are for. A true friend wouldn't expect you to be happy in your situation. I find talking about things makes things easier and it makes me feel better beacaue I am not bottling it all up. Even if the other person cannot actually do anything apart from being there it helps me to talk about it. Hope it all goes well when you see your GP tomorrow.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure