Options
    I'd like to join.

Hopefully would like to save £6,000
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join too?

I've fallen off the savings wagon in the last year or so, it will be lovely to have some motivation to get back on it.

I'd like to aim for £5000 please.
  • LunaLady
    LunaLady Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Options
    I cant wait for the challenge to start :j:j:j
    SPC #1813
    Addicted to collecting Nectar Points!! :D
  • JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello I started this year with good intentions but fell off the wagon....
    Could I join please? I'd like to save 5k.

Welly x
    :wave:
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That time already? Yes please :):)

Put me down for £13k in '13 please, had to drop out of the 2012 challenge when building work took up all my efforts :( but up for this one :D
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Front page updated again :D
    Please take a note of your challenge number - you'll need it!

We're upto 30 members already :j
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go on, add me in again. We're buying a house which needs renovation, but I don't want that to stop me from saving my annual ISA allowance each year. 12/13 allowance is £11,280 so I imagine the 13/14 allowance will be a similar amount.

I think it will be a much bigger challenge for me next year, but put me down for the 12k.
    raquelle20 wrote: »
    I would like to join in too but only for £7000. If I save £5000 in 2013 a relative said they will give me £10,000 to put towards a house! Definitely worth some hardship for that!
    Wow! That is a great offer, and a brilliant motivator! Does the relative fancy adopting anyone? (i.e. me?! :p)
    I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I'd love to be able to do the full 12k and I know that it's only a bit more but I think I'll be pushing myself too far with that so put me down for 10,000 please! :money:

Scary but exciting! Woohoo :j! Will try to pay the CC off by end of Jan so I can start in earnest then!

Good look to all and thanks for the thread :A!
    xx
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • snowgo
    snowgo Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi to fellow savers from the 2012 thread and new folks signing up for 2013.

Slowly fading I've benefited tremendously from the 2012 thread. I'm aware that it is a lot of work in keeping the spreadsheet updated, etc. and I would have fully understood if it was too much for another year. So I'm really appreciative that you are taking us forward into 2013. A BIG THANK YOU.

Please sign me up for the 2013 challenge. I'm setting my goal at £6000 for the year. I had an initial target of £3600 in 2012 and I achieved that by August, so it's right to set a higher amount from the go this time. But I do think it helped me to be cautious last year, especially in the tough initial months. (I note that many of those who dropped out of last years' challenge had set themselves £12000 targets. A big ask. I'm pleased to see that many posts in this thread are setting lesser target amounts.)
  • YoungBusinessman
    Options
    All up to date now - welcome aboard :D

YoungBusinessman - what do you want your target to be please?

I'm already excited about the new challenge :j :j

Sign me up for £20,000!! Will be spending all free time watching tv/on this amazing site so will be a very low spend year! £20,000 saved is about 50% of my net wages, very doable. Sorry if any of my posts come accross as smug, just being honest and going all out for it in 2013. I celebrate my 22nd birthday in the summer, that will be the only major expense i have except my £4,500 im looking to invest in April. Year end should see £20,000 saved but £15,000 left in savings.
    :eek:Living frugally at 24 :beer:
    Increase net worth £30k in 2016 : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69797771#post69797771
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure