Haircuts

Options
124»

Comments

• Meks1980
    Meks1980 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    When I was a lad my step mother use to give me a number 1. Being that I was born in raised in Liverpool I wasn't the only child to go to school with a number 1!

Thankfully I older and in control of my own hair and also have the luxury of having three girls so no more number 1's despite the money it would save on sending them to the hairdressers!
    Daddy to Baby Jessie Pops, Caitlyn and Aimee and husband to Krystaltips...:T Xbox tag - Meks666... Vist my blog thefantasticmrmeks.wordpress.com

• hgotsparkle
    Options
    OH used to pay £8 at a barbers for his hair as he liked it a certain way. When he found out that I cut my own hair, even able to do layers on my own hair, he asked me to do it and I've done it ever since. Though now he's decided that a number 1 all over is more suited to his age.
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Barbers are so cheap compared to hairdressers!

I know this thread is old but I'd be interested to know how you got on with the CreaClip Judi :) I've just ordered one myself (I think the one I ordered from amazon is actually an imitation one but it looks similar).
  • matilda.cs
    Options
    I'm a trained hairdresser and work in a college training people to become hairdressers.
    Some of the people we teach are novices and never cut hair before...some are industry professionals of 20 years just looking to put a qualification to their name.
    You could go to a training college and have it done cheaply. We charge about £10 for a colour service. Maybe £5 for a cut...but these are people taking assessments to prove they're good enough to cut hair - we don't let untrained/unready eppeopleple cut hair!
    While some salons may insist on 14+ for insurance, they're defo worth checking out!
  • GlamGirlie
    Options
    I truly don't understand why people take children to have their hair cut... cut it yourself!
    I am employed as a manager in a financial services institution. My views are entirely my own.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GlamGirlie wrote: »
    I truly don't understand why people take children to have their hair cut... cut it yourself!
    I did, once. Scarred DS1 for life (mentally not physically): I wasn't allowed near his hair again for years! Even now I can only use clippers, not scissors.

Let's just say I massacred his fringe ... and the more I tried to straighten it, the shorter it got, and the wonkier ... :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport