🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• bluenun
    bluenun Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I'm in same boat. I email them & they got back confirming I've qualified & due the money.
    Problem is now theres a decent queue to release cash. 
    Yes and you cannot start the withdrawal process until the bonus has been paid.
  • Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a few k spread around three or four P2P sites. 
    This is probably a totally naive comment, but I hope the PSP firms are considering giving their borrowers a repayment holiday (perhaps a bit like the government is giving mortgage payers). I would much rather extend the periods of the loans I have provided than drive a good number of businesses to the wall. 
    P2P creditors will rank well down the list of companies liabilities one suspects. 
    Meaning what exactly? I don't understand
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nardge said:
    I have a few k spread around three or four P2P sites. 
    This is probably a totally naive comment, but I hope the PSP firms are considering giving their borrowers a repayment holiday (perhaps a bit like the government is giving mortgage payers). I would much rather extend the periods of the loans I have provided than drive a good number of businesses to the wall. 
    P2P creditors will rank well down the list of companies liabilities one suspects. 
    Meaning what exactly? I don't understand
    He means that if a SME has borrowed money from a peer to peer company and then the borrower goes bust/into administration .
    Then the P2P loan will not normally be near the top of any creditor list . It will depend on the terms of the loan though. If the P2P loan is secured as first charge on a properly valued property then hopefully most of the loan can be recovered . However if it is an unsecured loan , or a personal guarantee , then probably a lost cause.
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    bluenun said:

I'm in same boat. I email them & they got back confirming I've qualified & due the money.
    Problem is now theres a decent queue to release cash. 
    Yes and you cannot start the withdrawal process until the bonus has been paid.
    There's nothing to say that. The bonus is paid after money has been invested for 12 months not 13.
  • bluenun
    bluenun Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, is that correct? I cannot find the terms and conditions from when I made the deposit.
    Have you started the withdrawal process yet?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,559 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2020 at 1:50PM
    Options
    bluenun said:
    Oh, is that correct? I cannot find the terms and conditions from when I made the deposit.
    Here are the terms of the £50 RAF offer (now expired), I don't think much has changed since you took up the offer:

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 March 2020 at 2:33PM
    Options
    masonic said:
    bluenun said:
    Here are the terms of the £50 RAF offer (now expired), I don't think much has changed since you took up the offer:

Well if those were the terms at the time (correct as I recall) bluenun ain't getting a bonus on their £500 investment.
  • masonic
    Options
    soulsaver said:
    masonic said:
    bluenun said:

Well if those were the terms at the time (correct as I recall) bluenun ain't getting a bonus on their £500 investment.
    As far as I can tell, there were two offers available around this time last year. One was £100 for a £1000 investment direct from the RS website (as can be seen here, wait for page to fully load), and the RAF offer which at that point was £100 for £1000 also, as can be seen from posts around the time from the referrer's board and the Monevator weekly newsletter. So I think you are right.
  • keyboardworrier
    Options
    There's mention of a £500/£50 bonus on one of those referral websites from March last year so it's not completely outside the realms of possibility that was the offer...
    "RateSetter is currently offering an incentive to new investors on its website. People who invest £500 or more for a year will receive a £50 bonus, while those who invest £10,000 or more for a year will receive a £150 bonus."
    I'm surprised they haven't got even more generous offers at the moment, it might help their liquidity issues.
  • masonic
    edited 22 March 2020 at 4:11PM
    Options
    This just goes to highlight the importance of keeping a copy of relevant T&Cs when taking up an offer, as they can be impossible to find a year later. That offer probably was available, but it wasn't advertised by banner on the homepage like the previous one, and few here would have taken that up over the RAF offer with a more generous overall return (than the £500 investment, I can't imagine many thought £150 for £10k was worth it).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure