🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• drphila
    drphila Posts: 292 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    An official statement from AC is now available on their website. It includes this:

"..As soon as the new system is live in the coming days, new Access Account withdrawal requests can be submitted to join the queue. All existing QAA, 30 Day Access Account and 90 Day Access Account withdrawal requests are still queued in the order they were requested, and their position will be honoured..."

• keyboardworrier
    Options
    drphila said:
     could cause considerable issues for platforms
    I think could is an understatement, in my view it definitely will :(

It's certainly going to be interesting to see who gets through this with the least amount of difficulty.
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's interesting that Ratesetter are no longer taking loan applications. I'm glad I got out of there when I did as well!
    Doesn't quite say that, but again due to panic selling. 

This week has been an extraordinary week for investments around the world, with reaction to coronavirus developments leading to record falls in stock markets and aggressive interest rate cuts.

The performance of investments with RateSetter is uncorrelated to the stock market.  We have kept interest rates unchanged and our portfolio is continuing to deliver steady returns to investors.  There is no change in the credit performance of our portfolio and we continue to believe that the Provision Fund is sufficient to cover all future expected credit losses.  

Given the context of the wider investments environment, it is understandable that we have received a spike in requests to release invested money.  This has meant that we have not been able to process requests as quickly as usual.

We have taken action to prioritise these requests by materially reducing lending while taking into account ongoing obligations on the borrower side.

We are continuing to process ‘release investment’ requests as quickly as possible.  Our guidance is that this is likely to be more than a week as opposed to our usual one day.  Withdrawals from your Holding Account to your bank account are unaffected by current events and are being processed as normal in one working day.

You will understand that we are acting in this way in response to extraordinary circumstances.   We have experienced something similar once before in our ten year history and we delivered all of our investors their money with a short delay.

We aim to return to our regular speed of processing 'release investment' requests as soon as possible and in the meantime, we thank you for your ongoing support

• keyboardworrier
    Options
    The RateSetter website says "We are temporarily not accepting new loan applications due to high levels of demand."
  • __cookiemonster__
    Options
    I have a few k spread around three or four P2P sites. 
    This is probably a totally naive comment, but I hope the PSP firms are considering giving their borrowers a repayment holiday (perhaps a bit like the government is giving mortgage payers). I would much rather extend the periods of the loans I have provided than drive a good number of businesses to the wall. 
  • charliewhatsit
    Options
    These Peer to Peer sites are all operating at a loss.  I fear for investors.
    I invested in Ratesetter but pulled out when they got into trouble with a large lender.  I stopped investing in Zopa when they
    decided to turn into a Bank.  In my view an overambitious move for a loss making company.  I stayed invested in Funding Circle. but when my A listed companies started to default, I realised their lending criteria and credit checks were not as comprehensive as claimed.  I got my money out with a number of defaults still in place.
    The warning signs have been there for Peer to Peer to Peer months ago, if not earlier..  As an industry currently it is in danger of total collapse in my opinion. Corona Virus is simply the last straw for these companies. I hope for the sake of investors on this Forum that I am wrong.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is probably a totally naive comment, but I hope the PSP firms are considering giving their borrowers a repayment holiday (perhaps a bit like the government is giving mortgage payers). I would much rather extend the periods of the loans I have provided than drive a good number of businesses to the wall. 
    email earlier from ablrate hinted as much and there will be cases where it will be necessary. Ablrate are the only platform that i am currently active in and i see no other worthwhile options currently in terms of p2p lenders.
  • bluenun
    bluenun Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2020 at 12:36PM
    Options
    I deposited £500 with Ratesetter almost 13 months ago as there was an offer of £50 if the funds were invested for 12 months.
    My funds were invested the next day and have been ever since, I understand the £50 bonus will be paid up to 31 days after the 12 months are complete, that will be next Thursday.
    I would like to withdraw my funds but have been waiting for the bonus and hoping I will still get it.

I am unable to find the original text where I signed up, is it anywhere on the Ratesetter website.
    Just in case I need to prove I am entitled to the bonus.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    P2P creditors will rank well down the list of companies liabilities one suspects. 
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    bluenun said:
    I deposited £500 with Ratesetter almost 13 months ago as there was an offer of £50 if the funds were invested for 12 months.
    My funds were invested the next day and have been ever since, I understand the £50 bonus will be paid up to 31 days after the 12 months are complete, that will be next Thursday.
    I would like to withdraw my funds but have been waiting for the bonus and hoping I will still get it.

I am unable to find the original text where I signed up, is it anywhere on the Ratesetter website.
    Just in case I need to prove I am entitled to the bonus.
    I'm in same boat. I email them & they got back confirming I've qualified & due the money.
    Problem is now theres a decent queue to release cash. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure